|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15, Christmas, Return, One by One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy had to run off and help his mother, who was ___________ at the Rice's, a rich white family.
2. Why did many of the elder townspeople die?
(a) From pneumonia.
(b) The winter was very cold.
(c) From a flu epidemic.
(d) From a cholera epidemic.
3. What did Sandy and Buster do with their money?
(a) They bought school books.
(b) They bought candy.
(c) They bought comic books.
(d) They put it in the church collection plate.
4. "Conversation" records a conversation between Aunt Hager and who else?
(a) Sister Johnson.
(b) Sister Whiteside.
5. What happened when the three returned home?
(a) Aunt Hager was waiting for them with a bundle of switches at her feet.
(b) They found out half the neighborhood was out searching for them.
(c) They woke up the dog.
(d) They found Aunt Hager crying at the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "One by One", Annjee finally receives what?
2. Who are Hager's three daughters?
3. What did Sandy find out when he returned home?
4. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
5. Afterwards, they had to buy their books and Sandy looked forward to coming home and doing what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)