|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15, Christmas, Return, One by One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Punishment", Sandy often received a nickel for what purpose?
(a) To spend on whatever he would like.
(b) To buy birthday presents.
(c) To put in the collection plate at church.
(d) To purchase school books.
2. What was Aunt Hager going to do to punish Sandy?
(a) Whip him.
(b) Ground him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Make him feel guilty.
3. When the storm passes, what has Aunt Hager lost?
(a) Her house is gone.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her entire town.
4. "Storm" introduces Aunt Hager and her grandson Sandy preparing for ________________ that is hitting their neighborhood.
(a) A flood.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A truck.
(d) A cyclone.
5. Why did many of the elder townspeople die?
(a) From pneumonia.
(b) From a flu epidemic.
(c) The winter was very cold.
(d) From a cholera epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Jimboy probably been trying to outdo?
2. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
3. What happens to Annjee?
4. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
5. What did Sandy eventually do at the dance?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)