|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12, Punishment, School, Hard Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tempy and her husband quit the black Baptist church?
(a) To join the white Episcopalian church.
(b) They do not like the new minister.
(c) They are no longer Christians.
(d) They have converted to Catholicism.
2. Towards the end of the year, Annjee recovers, and they receive a letter from Harriet asking for what?
(a) Their support in her new music career.
(b) Fare to come home from Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) A visit from them.
(d) Fare to travel to Hollywood.
3. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was an electrician.
(c) She was a pastor.
(d) She was a nurse.
4. How does Annjee feel when Jimboy comes home and starts singing with Harriet?
(a) She feels relieved.
(b) She feels anxious.
(c) She feels happy.
(d) She feels hurt.
5. Why did this woman decide to quit her job as a waitress?
(a) Because she had plans to go back to school.
(b) Because her boss treated her badly.
(c) Because white men harassed her too much and asked her to sleep with them.
(d) Because the job did not pay well.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the storm passes, what has Aunt Hager lost?
2. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
3. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
4. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
5. Afterwards, they had to buy their books and Sandy looked forward to coming home and doing what?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)