|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12, Punishment, School, Hard Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hard Winter" takes the family from September to _______________.
2. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To both the carnival and the revival.
(b) To the revival.
(c) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(d) To the carnival.
3. How does Sandy react to Mrs. Rice's treatment of his mother?
(a) He jokes.
(b) He complains.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
4. Harriet doesn't want to follow what as Hager demands that she do?
(a) Cultural rules.
(b) The laws.
(c) White rules.
5. What did Harriet do that night when she came home late?
(a) She packed her bags and caught the next train to New York City.
(b) She packed her bags and ran off with the circus.
(c) She wrote a nasty note to Aunt Hager.
(d) She packed her bags and moved in with her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Annjee?
2. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
3. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
4. Why is Jimboy not working that day?
5. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)