|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimboy eventually do?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He puts down the guitar and sets her on his lap and eats.
(c) He leaves again.
(d) He notices Annjee.
2. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
(a) Since she works all day.
(b) Since she was so tired.
(c) Since black people had to give their day "to white folks".
(d) Since she had to stay away from her family all day.
3. How does Annjee feel when Jimboy comes home and starts singing with Harriet?
(a) She feels relieved.
(b) She feels hurt.
(c) She feels happy.
(d) She feels anxious.
4. Why was Jimboy fired?
(a) He was often out of work due to illness.
(b) He was disrespectful.
(c) He habitually showed up late to work.
(d) The white union members complained.
5. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
(a) Because she was pregnant with their child.
(b) Because he loved her.
(c) Because she was a homebody and would take care of a house.
(d) Because he wanted to get married and start a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Annjee's husband, Jimboy, has written?
2. How does Sandy react to Mrs. Rice's treatment of his mother?
3. Why do Tempy and her husband quit the black Baptist church?
4. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
5. What did Aunt Hager think of Jimboy's letter?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)