|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Gavitts?
(a) They were left without a home.
(b) They were killed.
(c) They were helping those in need.
(d) They were injured.
2. Stanton largely has _________ social classes.
3. What does Aunt Hager think of Jimboy?
(a) He is entertaining.
(b) He is worthless.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is intelligent.
4. How does Sandy react to Mrs. Rice's treatment of his mother?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He complains.
(c) He cries.
(d) He jokes.
5. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
(a) She was an electrician.
(b) She was a nurse.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
2. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
3. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
4. In Stanton, why was there almost no work for black people?
5. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)