|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Jimboy probably been trying to outdo?
(a) The Swedes.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Germans.
2. Why do Tempy and her husband quit the black Baptist church?
(a) To join the white Episcopalian church.
(b) They have converted to Catholicism.
(c) They are no longer Christians.
(d) They do not like the new minister.
3. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
(a) Because she was pregnant with their child.
(b) Because she was a homebody and would take care of a house.
(c) Because he loved her.
(d) Because he wanted to get married and start a family.
4. The white people near the area were furious at these blacks. Why?
(a) For taking white jobs.
(b) For buying white property.
(c) For acting white.
(d) For stealing land.
5. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To the revival.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(d) To both the carnival and the revival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
2. "Carnival" begins with Hager and her family splitting up, with some going to the revival and some going to the carnival _____ mile down the road.
3. Tempy and her husband have done well financially and have stopped hanging around who?
4. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
5. "Storm" introduces Aunt Hager and her grandson Sandy preparing for ________________ that is hitting their neighborhood.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)