|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6, Thursday Afternoon, Guitar, Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Jimboy's Letter", AnnJee receives a note from Jimboy saying what?
(a) He'd found a good job and wanted her to join him.
(b) He'd been laying railroad in Kansas City and had hurt his back so he was coming home.
(c) He'd remarried.
(d) He'd been working in a warehouse in Chicago and had been promoted to manager.
2. How does Hager's companion want to spend her time?
(a) Reading and studying.
(b) Creating art.
(c) Protesting black inequality.
(d) Dancing and having fun with boys.
3. "Work" begins with Jimboy and Sandy doing what?
4. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(b) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
(c) They refused to work alongside a black man.
(d) They were afraid.
5. A man could work in Stanton his whole life without saving enough money to retire and leave something behind. To whom had this happened?
(a) Tempy's husband.
(b) Aunt Hager's father.
(c) Sandy's father.
(d) Aunt Hager's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Guitar", Jimboy has come home and is doing what?
2. What did Aunt Hager think of Jimboy's letter?
3. Why did she want to get a job as a chambermaid at a hotel?
4. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
5. What does this woman think that Christianity makes black people?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)