|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27, Pool Hall, The Doors of Life, Beware of Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some greeting, Harriet goes off to stay with _____________, who she says she'll be living with.
2. How does Hager's companion want to spend her time?
(a) Creating art.
(b) Reading and studying.
(c) Dancing and having fun with boys.
(d) Protesting black inequality.
3. The Pool Hall in the summer was lively and full of black people. Why?
(a) They were not allowed to go to many other recreational areas.
(b) The Pool Hall had a very low entrance fee.
(c) The Pool Hall was the most popular place.
(d) There were not many Pool Halls in town.
4. Why does Hager not want Sandy to work at a hotel?
(a) She thinks that bad things go on at hotels.
(b) Sandy will have to work late hours.
(c) Hotels do not pay well.
(d) He is smarter than most people who work at hotels.
5. Sandy really wants _________, but the best his mother can do is to get Mr. Logan to build him one.
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A sled.
(d) A treehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "School", the summer ends and Sandy has to go back to school to the ________ grade, which was integrated.
2. How do Sandy and his friends feel about how they are treated?
3. For ________ years she worked hard to support her family and to see Jimboy only a few weeks a year.
4. At the hotel, Sandy is largely responsible for what?
5. Why is Jimboy not working that day?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)