|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27, Pool Hall, The Doors of Life, Beware of Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sandy react to his punishment?
(a) He went to his bed and cried all afternoon.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He yelled back.
2. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
(a) Harriet's friend Joey.
(b) Harriet's boyfriend Mingo.
(c) Sandy's friend, Buster.
(d) Harriet's cousin, Bobby.
3. For ________ years she worked hard to support her family and to see Jimboy only a few weeks a year.
4. How do Sandy and his friends feel about how they are treated?
(b) Not surprised.
(c) Humiliated and hurt.
(d) Angry and outraged.
5. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
(b) Yes, usually.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, but rarely.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 'Beware of Women' Tempy complains that Sandy is doing what?
2. In "Jimboy's Letter", AnnJee receives a note from Jimboy saying what?
3. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
4. Once when Sandy was shining the shoes of a drunken bunch of white men, one of them, a Southerner, told Sandy to do what?
5. Why did Hager stay with Miss Jeanne?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)