|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27, Pool Hall, The Doors of Life, Beware of Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Tempy gives Sandy?
(a) His own room and furniture.
(b) A present.
(c) A hug.
(d) A hot meal.
2. Sandy receives a note from his mother saying that she and Jimboy are ___________.
(a) Coming home.
(b) Want him to come live with them.
(c) Doing well.
(d) In need of money.
3. In "Note to Harriett", Sandy is traveling to _____________ or the red-light district of Stanton.
(a) The Bottoms.
(b) The Lowlands.
(c) The dark corner.
(d) The Shadows.
4. Why did many of the elder townspeople die?
(a) The winter was very cold.
(b) From a flu epidemic.
(c) From pneumonia.
(d) From a cholera epidemic.
5. When Sandy asked himself whether a black person should simply endure oppression and wait for heaven like Aunt Hager did, what was his response?
(a) Sandy was still not sure.
(b) Sandy decided that he wanted to live.
(c) Sandy decided he wanted to wait for heaven.
(d) Sandy decided he wanted to endure only some oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was with Pansetta?
2. ____________ major events happen in "Ten Dollars and Costs".
3. Why does Annjee have to give up the money she was saving for Sandy's Christmas?
4. How long has it been since Annjee's husband, Jimboy, has written?
5. The Southerner complained that "Kansas niggers" were _____________ and grabbed Sandy.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)