|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27, Pool Hall, The Doors of Life, Beware of Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hager is determined to get Sandy through high school and make him into what?
(a) "The next Booker T. Washington".
(b) "The next black scientist."
(c) "The next W.E.B. du Bois."
(d) "The first black President of the United States."
2. In "School", the summer ends and Sandy has to go back to school to the ________ grade, which was integrated.
3. In "Punishment", Sandy often received a nickel for what purpose?
(a) To buy birthday presents.
(b) To spend on whatever he would like.
(c) To put in the collection plate at church.
(d) To purchase school books.
4. Hager dies and a large funeral is held with Tempy's high-class friends and who else?
(a) Harriett's friends from the Bottoms.
(b) Hager's friends.
(c) The family.
(d) The neighbors.
5. Who was with Pansetta?
(a) James Lareby.
(b) Jeremy Little.
(c) Johnny Lemon.
(d) Jimmy Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tempy and her husband's friends avoid?
2. In "Note to Harriett", Sandy is traveling to _____________ or the red-light district of Stanton.
3. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
4. Tempy and Arkins believed that to get respect, one had to do what?
5. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)