|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jimboy not working that day?
(a) He wanted to spend the day with Sandy.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He had been laid off.
2. What happened when the three returned home?
(a) They woke up the dog.
(b) Aunt Hager was waiting for them with a bundle of switches at her feet.
(c) They found Aunt Hager crying at the kitchen table.
(d) They found out half the neighborhood was out searching for them.
3. Sandy had to run off and help his mother, who was ___________ at the Rice's, a rich white family.
4. Who had Jimboy probably been trying to outdo?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Swedes.
(d) The Greeks.
5. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
(a) Yes, but rarely.
(c) Yes, usually.
(d) Yes, sometimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. That night the white people came in, evicted the blacks of this town and did what?
2. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
3. What did Harriet do that night when she came home late?
4. How long has it been since Annjee's husband, Jimboy, has written?
5. Where did Hager and Annjee go?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)