|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, what is Aunt Hager desperately trying to do?
(a) Get Sandy and herself into an ambulance.
(b) Get Sandy and herself into her cellar and get the door shut.
(c) Get Sandy and herself into a boat.
(d) Get Sandy and herself into a closet.
2. On Thursday afternoon, who comes home to visit?
(a) Hager's oldest daughter Tempy.
(b) Hager's friend Sister Johnson.
(c) Hager's middle daughter Annjee.
(d) Hager's youngest daughter Harriet.
3. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
(a) He shot him in the shoulder and drove off.
(b) He called the police.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He did nothing.
4. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
(b) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(c) They were afraid.
(d) They refused to work alongside a black man.
5. Tempy and her husband have done well financially and have stopped hanging around who?
(a) Lower-class blacks with darker skin.
(b) White people.
(c) All black people.
(d) Middle-class blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanton largely has _________ social classes.
2. That night the white people came in, evicted the blacks of this town and did what?
3. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
4. What does Aunt Hager think of Jimboy?
5. Why was Jimboy fired?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)