|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They refused to work alongside a black man.
(b) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
(c) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(d) They were afraid.
2. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
(a) Since she had to stay away from her family all day.
(b) Since black people had to give their day "to white folks".
(c) Since she works all day.
(d) Since she was so tired.
3. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
(b) The south.
(c) Across the country.
(d) The war.
4. Harriet doesn't want to follow what as Hager demands that she do?
(a) Cultural rules.
(b) The laws.
(c) White rules.
5. Where did Hager and Annjee go?
(a) To the revival.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(d) To both the revival and the carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Hager think of Jimboy's letter?
2. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
3. What happened to the Gavitts?
4. Stanton largely has _________ social classes.
5. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)