|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9, White Folks, Dance, Carnival.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the storm passes, what has Aunt Hager lost?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her entire town.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her house is gone.
2. How does Hager's companion want to spend her time?
(a) Dancing and having fun with boys.
(b) Protesting black inequality.
(c) Reading and studying.
(d) Creating art.
3. Harriet had been on bad terms with Aunt Hager. Why?
(a) Because Hager was mean.
(b) Because Hager had whipped her after the dance.
(c) Because Hager often ignored her.
(d) Because Hager forced her to do things she did not want to do.
4. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the classroom.
(c) On the bus.
(d) With her white classmates.
5. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
(a) She had fallen.
(b) She was organizing a church fundraiser and needed assistance.
(c) She was poor.
(d) She had a hemorrhage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
2. A man could work in Stanton his whole life without saving enough money to retire and leave something behind. To whom had this happened?
3. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
4. Sandy saw that his mother worked very hard and that Mrs. Rice, the blond, skinny white woman, was constantly doing what?
5. In "Jimboy's Letter", AnnJee receives a note from Jimboy saying what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)