|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
(a) He got bored.
(b) He missed the rest of his family.
(c) He stepped on a rusty nail.
(d) He became nauseous on one of the rides.
2. Sister Johnson and Hager have long conversation about what?
(a) How Jimboy is no better than other black men.
(b) How awful life is.
(c) How many black men in the area beat their wives and how at least Jimboy didn't do that.
(d) How they are going to pull themselves out of this depression.
3. What is Hager's response to their treatment?
(a) She wants to protest the carnival.
(b) She wants to get revenge.
(c) She is also furious.
(d) She says there's no point to it, to forgive them and move on.
4. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
(a) She was organizing a church fundraiser and needed assistance.
(b) She had a hemorrhage.
(c) She had fallen.
(d) She was poor.
5. "Carnival" begins with Hager and her family splitting up, with some going to the revival and some going to the carnival _____ mile down the road.
(b) A quarter.
(c) Three-quarters of a.
(d) A half.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annjee have to give up the money she was saving for Sandy's Christmas?
2. Towards the end of the year, Annjee recovers, and they receive a letter from Harriet asking for what?
3. After some greeting, Harriet goes off to stay with _____________, who she says she'll be living with.
4. When Hager grew up, the plantation owner, Mr. Jeanne, left for what and died?
5. To popularize the carnival, the carnival owners place coupons in the paper; if children bring them for "children's day" they can get what?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)