|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy goes to work during the winter and overhears many stories and meets many people, learning to do what?
(a) Check coats and talk to strangers.
(b) Wash and cut hair.
(c) Make jokes and shine shoes.
(d) How to make friends.
2. Hager argues that while whites hate blacks and blacks hate whites, hatred makes what ugly?
(a) The soul.
(b) The body.
(c) The family.
(d) The country.
3. In "Punishment", Sandy often received a nickel for what purpose?
(a) To buy birthday presents.
(b) To put in the collection plate at church.
(c) To spend on whatever he would like.
(d) To purchase school books.
4. How did Miss Jeanne die?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She walked off her balcony thinking her husband had come home.
(c) From influenza.
(d) From old age.
5. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
(a) Since she had to stay away from her family all day.
(b) Since black people had to give their day "to white folks".
(c) Since she was so tired.
(d) Since she works all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sandy really wants _________, but the best his mother can do is to get Mr. Logan to build him one.
2. What was Aunt Hager going to do to punish Sandy?
3. Hager grew up playing with whom?
4. Hager claims that in the world there is room for _______________.
5. Why was Jimboy fired?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)