|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jimboy punish him?
(a) He ignored him.
(b) He chastised him for being a liar.
(c) He whipped him.
(d) He yelled at him.
2. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
(a) Ignored him.
(b) Segregated him and two colored girls in his class.
(c) Welcomed him into the classroom.
(d) Yelled at him for being black.
3. What does this woman think that Christianity makes black people?
(a) Ignorant and weak.
(b) Stuck up and unable to have fun.
(c) Scared and powerless.
(d) Powerful and confident.
4. What is Hager's response to their treatment?
(a) She wants to get revenge.
(b) She says there's no point to it, to forgive them and move on.
(c) She is also furious.
(d) She wants to protest the carnival.
5. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They refused to work alongside a black man.
(b) They were afraid.
(c) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
(d) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet doesn't want to follow what as Hager demands that she do?
2. Where is Jimboy working?
3. Who returns home?
4. With whom does Sandy spend a lot of time?
5. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)