|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Guitar", Jimboy has come home and is doing what?
(a) Playing with his son.
(b) Helping out around the house.
(c) Talking to his wife.
(d) Playing his guitar and singing.
2. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
(a) She found his school books.
(b) She found his comic books.
(c) Buster told on him.
(d) His candy melted and stained his shirt.
3. Sandy saw that his mother worked very hard and that Mrs. Rice, the blond, skinny white woman, was constantly doing what?
(a) Entertaining Anjee.
(b) Criticizing Annjee.
(c) Ignoring Annjee.
(d) Helping Annjee.
4. Hager argues that while whites hate blacks and blacks hate whites, hatred makes what ugly?
(a) The family.
(b) The body.
(c) The soul.
(d) The country.
5. Why did many of the elder townspeople die?
(a) From a flu epidemic.
(b) The winter was very cold.
(c) From pneumonia.
(d) From a cholera epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sandy feel about Tempy's gift?
2. With whom does Sandy spend a lot of time?
3. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
4. How does everyone feel when Tempy leaves?
5. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)