|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hager tell Sandy about slavery?
(a) Slavery was very bad.
(b) While slavery was very bad, it wasn't all bad.
(c) Slavery should be reinstated.
(d) Slavery was pretty good.
2. What is Hager's response to their treatment?
(a) She says there's no point to it, to forgive them and move on.
(b) She wants to get revenge.
(c) She wants to protest the carnival.
(d) She is also furious.
3. What did Sandy find out when he returned home?
(a) Jimboy had left.
(b) His mother had left to be with his father.
(c) Aunt Hager was ill.
(d) Harriette had returned home.
4. What happened to Jimboy's guitar?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It was sold to buy a better guitar.
(d) It had to be sold.
5. Sandy wonders if he could ever be __________ and whether the Lord even cared if someone was black or white, or male or female.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Carnival" begins with Hager and her family splitting up, with some going to the revival and some going to the carnival _____ mile down the road.
2. Why did she want to get a job as a chambermaid at a hotel?
3. Sister Johnson and Hager have long conversation about what?
4. Why did many of the elder townspeople die?
5. Why are the kids not treated equally?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)