|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hager argues that while whites hate blacks and blacks hate whites, hatred makes what ugly?
(a) The family.
(b) The soul.
(c) The country.
(d) The body.
2. What does Sandy do with his gift from Tempy?
(a) He tries it out.
(b) He throws it under the stove.
(c) He stares at it in awe.
(d) He hugs it.
3. What does this woman think that Christianity makes black people?
(a) Powerful and confident.
(b) Stuck up and unable to have fun.
(c) Ignorant and weak.
(d) Scared and powerless.
4. What does Hager tell Sandy about slavery?
(a) Slavery was pretty good.
(b) While slavery was very bad, it wasn't all bad.
(c) Slavery was very bad.
(d) Slavery should be reinstated.
5. With whom does Sandy spend a lot of time?
(c) Sister Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Afterwards, they had to buy their books and Sandy looked forward to coming home and doing what?
2. Hager is determined to get Sandy through high school and make him into what?
3. Who returns home?
4. What is not clear about Harriet?
5. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)