|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18, Nothing but Love, Barber-Shop, Children's Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the kids not treated equally?
(a) Because of their race.
(b) Because they are rowdy.
(c) Because they are too young.
(d) Because there are so many of them.
2. "Hard Winter" takes the family from September to _______________.
3. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To both the carnival and the revival.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To the revival.
(d) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
4. In "One by One", Annjee finally receives what?
(a) Word from Jimboy.
(b) Money from Jimboy.
(c) A present from Jimboy.
(d) An e-mail from Jimboy.
5. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
(a) Since black people had to give their day "to white folks".
(b) Since she had to stay away from her family all day.
(c) Since she was so tired.
(d) Since she works all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hager claims that in the world there is room for _______________.
2. Hager grew up playing with whom?
3. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
4. How did Jimboy punish him?
5. What happened when the three returned home?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)