|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To the revival.
(d) To both the carnival and the revival.
2. In "One by One", Annjee finally receives what?
(a) Money from Jimboy.
(b) An e-mail from Jimboy.
(c) A present from Jimboy.
(d) Word from Jimboy.
3. Who returns home?
4. "Carnival" begins with Hager and her family splitting up, with some going to the revival and some going to the carnival _____ mile down the road.
(a) A quarter.
(b) A half.
(d) Three-quarters of a.
5. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
(b) Yes, but rarely.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, usually.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
2. Tempy and Arkins believed that to get respect, one had to do what?
3. How does Sandy feel about Tempy's gift?
4. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
5. What does Tempy give Sandy for Christmas?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)