|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hager, Annjee and Sandy are very poor, so poor that they can't afford what?
(b) Warm clothes.
(d) A wreath or cake icing.
2. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
(a) Yes, usually.
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, but rarely.
3. What did Sandy do while he was sick?
(a) He slept a lot.
(b) He started reading all of Tempy's books and magazines.
(c) He wrote a novel.
(d) He wrote poetry.
4. Hager was eulogized in the newspaper as how?
(a) "A well-educated and dedicated woman."
(b) "A caring woman."
(c) "Respected by many white families in the community".
(d) "A kind and generous woman."
5. What is not clear about Harriet?
(a) How she made her way after quitting the carnival.
(b) If she wants to be home.
(c) If she has changed much.
(d) Where she has been.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tempy give Sandy for Christmas?
2. What does Sandy do with his gift from Tempy?
3. He knew that Jesus was white but what had he learned?
4. Why had Tempy been embarrassed of Hager?
5. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)