|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not clear about Harriet?
(a) Where she has been.
(b) If she wants to be home.
(c) If she has changed much.
(d) How she made her way after quitting the carnival.
2. What did Sandy eventually do at the dance?
(a) He danced with girls.
(b) He watched the musicians.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He watched the others dance.
3. Tempy and Arkins believed that to get respect, one had to do what?
(a) Act, dress, eat, and earn money as white people did.
(b) Leave the ghetto.
(c) Be educated.
(d) Bleach their skin lighter.
4. Sandy really wants _________, but the best his mother can do is to get Mr. Logan to build him one.
(a) A car.
(b) A sled.
(c) A treehouse.
(d) A bicycle.
5. Harriet had been on bad terms with Aunt Hager. Why?
(a) Because Hager had whipped her after the dance.
(b) Because Hager forced her to do things she did not want to do.
(c) Because Hager often ignored her.
(d) Because Hager was mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
2. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
3. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
4. How did Sandy feel about moving in with Tempy?
5. Sandy came down with what illness?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)