|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tempy had worked for a progressive white women fighting for what?
(a) Peace in the Middle East.
(b) Organizations against animal cruelty.
(c) Women's suffrage.
(d) Equal rights for all races.
2. Would Harriett's white girlfriends talk to her after school?
(a) Yes, but rarely.
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, usually.
3. What had Tempy's employer left her as a token of her appreciation?
(a) A business.
(b) A car.
(c) A home.
(d) A job.
4. Old Sister Johnson had lived through slavery, and after being freed, she and a large number of other blacks started up a town called _____________.
5. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
(a) Harriet's friend Joey.
(b) Harriet's boyfriend Mingo.
(c) Harriet's cousin, Bobby.
(d) Sandy's friend, Buster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
2. Whose writings moved Sandy?
3. After some greeting, Harriet goes off to stay with _____________, who she says she'll be living with.
4. How does Sandy feel about Tempy's gift?
5. Buster made fun of Sandy for reading so much and dared him to come out and play pool rather than finishing up what book?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)