Chapters 1-3, Storm, Conversation, Jimboy's Letter
1. "Storm" introduces Aunt Hager and her grandson Sandy preparing for ________________ that is hitting their neighborhood.
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A cyclone.
(c) A flood.
(d) A truck.
2. At the beginning of the story, what is Aunt Hager desperately trying to do?
(a) Get Sandy and herself into a closet.
(b) Get Sandy and herself into her cellar and get the door shut.
(c) Get Sandy and herself into an ambulance.
(d) Get Sandy and herself into a boat.
3. When the storm passes, what has Aunt Hager lost?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her entire town.
(d) Her house is gone.
4. What happened to the Gavitts?
(a) They were left without a home.
(b) They were helping those in need.
(c) They were injured.
(d) They were killed.
5. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
(a) She was a nurse.
(b) She was an electrician.
(c) She was a maid.
(d) She was a pastor.
6. How long has it been since Annjee's husband, Jimboy, has written?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
This section contains 4,972 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)