|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other character does Sotillo turn to for information?
2. Who is Linda's father?
3. Which of the following characters is not being held prisoner by Sotillo?
4. What does Montero wish to establish in the city?
5. With whom does Sulaco establish international ties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Mitchell say on his tours around the Occidental Republic?
2. In what way does Nostromo show his attitude towards life has changed in Part 3, Chapter 9?
3. Describe the collision between the two boats in Part 2, Chapter 8.
4. In what way do the town leaders show their true colors in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Describe Montero's entrance into the town.
6. What is Don Pepe's plan to protect the silver mine?
7. In what does Dr. Monygham give Nostromo the chance for revenge?
8. What is Sotillo's plan once he gets to Sulaco?
9. What has happened to Decoud?
10. How is Hirsch killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Antonia and Decoud.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following statement: "The ideas in Nostromo are universal and therefore still relevant today." Using two examples from the book, write an essay either for or against the statement.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "Nostromo is a true reflection of South American politics." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)