|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a letter from Pedro Montero?
(a) Mr. Gould
(b) Don Jose
(d) Don Pepe
2. Which of the following characters is not being held prisoner by Sotillo?
(b) Dr. Monygham
(c) Don Jose
(d) The chief engineer
3. Who is ready to surrender?
(d) The town leaders
4. What does Nostromo say is his one goal in life?
(a) To have a reputation
(b) To see his homeland again
(c) To die a hero
(d) To sail a boat
5. What does Gould vow to destroy?
(a) The mine
(c) The government
(d) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pepe and Mr. Gould plan to keep the mine out of enemy hands?
2. What does Montero wish to establish in the city?
3. Where do Sotillo's soldiers take Mitchell?
4. What does Pepe think will happen if they defend the mine?
5. What does Nostromo know to do if it is needed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the town leaders show their true colors in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How does the news of Nostromo and Decoud's supposed deaths prove their peers' real opinion of them?
3. In what does Gould still hold power over Pedro in Part 3, Chapter 7?
4. What are Antonia and Gould's real concerns?
5. What does Mrs. Viola tell Nostromo on her deathbed?
6. What does Captain Mitchell say on his tours around the Occidental Republic?
7. What is Sotillo's plan once he gets to Sulaco?
8. In what does Dr. Monygham give Nostromo the chance for revenge?
9. Describe Montero's entrance into the town.
10. What does Decoud write in his letter to his sister?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)