|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sotillo avoid Pedro?
(a) He sails back into the sea.
(b) He pretends to be sick.
(c) He hides on the Isabel islets.
(d) He hides under his bed.
2. Who receives a letter from Pedro Montero?
(b) Don Jose
(c) Mr. Gould
(d) Don Pepe
3. Why is Nostromo attracted to Giselle?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She has a nice smile.
(c) She has money.
(d) She is trusting.
4. Who is ready to surrender?
(b) The town leaders
5. What is Nostromo's new nickname?
(b) Captain Loot
(c) Captain Fidanza
(d) Lucky Parrot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nostromo know to do if it is needed?
2. Who does Gould meet to discuss a strategy for protecting the mine?
3. What is Hernandez's position in society
4. Who plans to take over the area as general?
5. Why is Nostromo resentful towards the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the silver threatening to ruin Nostromo's life?
2. In what does Gould still hold power over Pedro in Part 3, Chapter 7?
3. What is the only reason the doctor thinks that Nostromo is trustworthy with the silver?
4. What is Sotillo's plan once he gets to Sulaco?
5. How is the silver changing Nostromo's life?
6. In what can Don Pepe be seen as one of the novel's stronger characters?
7. What is Don Pepe's plan to protect the silver mine?
8. Describe the collision between the two boats in Part 2, Chapter 8.
9. In what way do the town leaders show their true colors in Part 3, Chapter 1?
10. How does Nostromo start getting the silver into his possession?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)