|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don Pepe want to form a military force?
(a) The whole town
(b) The people who live around the mine
(c) The town's leaders
(d) Women and children
2. Who becomes a tour guide in Sulaco?
(a) Mrs. Gould
(c) Captain Mitchell
3. What has enhanced Nostromo's reputation?
(a) His new wealth
(b) His friendship with Mr. Gould
(c) His beautiful fiance
(d) His position in the government
4. Who does Nostromo allow Monygham to think is dead?
(b) Mr. Gould
5. What kind of ship does Nostromo hear in this chapter?
(a) An ocean liner
(b) A steam ship
(c) A pirate ship
(d) A submarine
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dead body do Nostromo and the doctor discover?
2. What does Nostromo say is his one goal in life?
3. With whom does Decoud tend to the wounded?
4. Who is ready to surrender?
5. What does Pedro offer Gould?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what can Don Pepe be seen as one of the novel's stronger characters?
2. What are Antonia and Gould's real concerns?
3. Describe Montero's entrance into the town.
4. How is Hirsch killed?
5. In what way do the town leaders show their true colors in Part 3, Chapter 1?
6. Describe the collision between the two boats in Part 2, Chapter 8.
7. What is Sotillo's plan once he gets to Sulaco?
8. What is Don Pepe's plan to protect the silver mine?
9. In what does Dr. Monygham give Nostromo the chance for revenge?
10. What do the town leaders show is their true worry in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)