|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Sulaco superintendent?
(b) Joseph Mitchell
(c) Phil Mitchell
(d) Joseph Conrad
2. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
(a) About the history of Costaguana
(b) About American society
(c) About European society
(d) About Military tactics
3. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Shoot their rifles
(c) Hoist a flag
(d) Send up smoke
4. Which character in this chapter cares only for the church?
(b) Mr. Hirsch
(c) Mr. Gould
(d) Padre Corbelan
5. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
(a) The loyalty he shows the natives
(b) His freedom
(c) His love of life
(d) The loyalty he shows the English
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
2. The Gould family comes from ___________.
3. In what part of Europe does Mrs. Gould discover true peasantry?
4. What is Mr. Gould's nickname among the foreign residents?
5. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
2. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
3. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
4. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
5. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
6. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
7. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
8. Describe Nostromo.
9. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
10. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)