|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
(a) Don Jose
2. What is the name of the railway's chairman?
(b) Sir John
(c) Sir Charles
3. Which character calls Mrs. Gould the "never tired Senora"?
(a) Mr. Gould
(c) Joseph Mitchell
(d) Don Pepe
4. For whom does Viola's hotel cater?
(a) The tourists
(b) Italian royalty
(c) The Italian workers
(d) The aristocracy
5. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(b) Di Sica
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tyrant who has been overthrown?
2. What is the name of the town?
3. What is Mr. Gould's nickname among the foreign residents?
4. What does OSN stand for?
5. What are the names of the small islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nostromo's relationship with the aristocracy?
2. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
3. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
4. Why is Nostromo so angry in Part 3, Chapter 8?
5. What is Sotillo's plan once he gets to Sulaco?
6. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
7. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
8. How does Pedro try to convince Gould to hand over his mine?
9. In what does Gould still hold power over Pedro in Part 3, Chapter 7?
10. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)