|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(a) Di Sica
2. To where does Decoud want Antonia to go with him?
3. What is the name of the Sulaco superintendent?
(b) Phil Mitchell
(c) Joseph Mitchell
(d) Joseph Conrad
4. What is the name of Don Jose's daughter?
5. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
(a) A river
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charles Gould's silver mine?
2. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
3. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
4. What kind of articles does Decoud write for Europeans?
5. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
2. In what does Gould still hold power over Pedro in Part 3, Chapter 7?
3. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
4. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
5. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
6. How does Pedro try to convince Gould to hand over his mine?
7. How is Hirsch killed?
8. Describe the Isabel Islands.
9. In what does Dr. Monygham give Nostromo the chance for revenge?
10. Describe Martin Decoud.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)