|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(d) Di Sica
2. Who does Mitchell say he and his crew rescued?
(a) President Riberia
(b) President Noberia
(d) Prince Cafu
3. What is the only thing that keeps Decoud in Sulaco?
(a) His friendship with Nostromo
(b) The silver mine
(c) His love for Mrs. Gould
(d) His love for Antonia
4. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
(c) Don Jose
5. Where does the revolt take place?
(a) The Isabella islets
(c) The capital city
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gould's business partner?
2. What happens to Don Jose under Guzman?
3. Who does Viola's wife pray will rescue them from the mob?
4. What is the name of the country in which the story takes place?
5. Which character in this chapter calls Mrs. Gould "my soul"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Isabel Islands.
2. Describe Martin Decoud.
3. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
4. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
5. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
6. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
7. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
8. Describe Nostromo.
9. What do you think the silver mine represents?
10. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)