|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tyrant who has been overthrown?
(a) Antonie di Sica
(b) Guzman Bento
(c) Sergei Ribieria
(d) Jose Sulaco
2. What does Decoud want to become independent from Costaguana?
(a) Costa Rica
(d) The silver mine
3. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
(a) The Mitchells
(b) The Violas
(c) The Garraldis
(d) The Battistas
4. What does OSN stand for?
(a) The Ocean Silence Navigation Company
(b) The Ocean Steam Navigation Company
(c) The Otter's Save the Nation
(d) The Ottter Steam Navigation Company
5. What opening ceremony does Ribiera have to attend?
(a) The Central Railway Project
(b) The Unveiling of the War Heroes
(c) A new hotel
(d) The Sulaco Shopping Center
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
2. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
3. What is Mr. Gould's first name?
4. In what revolution did the Goulds participate?
5. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
2. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
3. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
4. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
5. Describe the Isabel Islands.
6. Describe Nostromo.
7. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
8. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
9. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
10. What do you think the silver mine represents?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)