|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the railway's chairman?
(c) Sir Charles
(d) Sir John
2. What is the name of the novel's main character?
3. In what part of Europe does Mrs. Gould discover true peasantry?
(a) Eastern Europe
(b) Nothern Europe
(c) Southern Europe
(d) Western Europe
4. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
(a) General Barrios
(b) General Montero
(c) General Sulaco
(d) General Gould
5. Who is the newly-elected president in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
2. Who does Viola's wife pray will rescue them from the mob?
3. What is the name of the tyrant who has been overthrown?
4. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
5. Who does Sulaco side with during the fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
2. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
3. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
4. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
5. Describe Nostromo.
6. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
7. What do you think the silver mine represents?
8. In what way does Decoud's presence cause problems for the long term residents in Part 2, Chapter 4?
9. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
10. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)