|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Decoud in Sulaco?
(a) The silver mine
(b) His friendship with Nostromo
(c) His love for Mrs. Gould
(d) His love for Antonia
2. What is the name of the fur merchant?
(a) Mr. Jacks
(c) Padre Corbelan
(d) Mr. Hirsch
3. In what part of Europe does Mrs. Gould discover true peasantry?
(a) Nothern Europe
(b) Western Europe
(c) Eastern Europe
(d) Southern Europe
4. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
5. What is the name of Charles Gould's silver mine?
(a) San Losos
(c) Gould Mine
(d) San Tome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OSN stand for?
2. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
3. In what revolution did the Goulds participate?
4. What does Gould assure his wife he will do whatever is possible to save?
5. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
2. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
3. Describe Martin Decoud.
4. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
5. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
6. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
7. Describe the Isabel Islands.
8. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
9. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
10. In what way does Decoud's presence cause problems for the long term residents in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)