|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Viola's hotel cater?
(a) The aristocracy
(b) Italian royalty
(c) The Italian workers
(d) The tourists
2. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
(a) New Hololulu
3. What is the name of the town?
4. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
(a) A casino
(b) His palace
(c) The Isabel islands
(d) The capital
5. What is the name of the fur merchant?
(a) Mr. Jacks
(b) Mr. Hirsch
(c) Padre Corbelan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
2. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
3. In what government is Barrios give a high military post?
4. What is Nostromo's job in Sulaco?
5. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
2. In what way does Decoud's presence cause problems for the long term residents in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
4. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
5. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
6. Describe Martin Decoud.
7. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
8. In what way does this chapter show the power of Charles Gould and his silver mine?
9. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
10. Describe the Isabel Islands.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)