|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
(a) Women and beer
(b) Getting home
(c) Wealth and power
2. Who does Mitchell say he and his crew rescued?
(a) President Riberia
(c) President Noberia
(d) Prince Cafu
3. Martin Decoud's native country is _________.
(b) Cost Rica
4. Why has Don Jose moved to Sulaco?
(a) For medical reasons
(b) To be by the sea
(c) For a quieter life
(d) To be closer to his parents
5. What is General Barrios' hobby?
(a) Horse riding
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the revolt take place?
2. What kind of articles does Decoud write for Europeans?
3. What does Mrs. Gould's husband own?
4. For how many generations have the Gould family lived in Sulaco?
5. Which character in this chapter is said to be always deeply in debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
2. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
3. Describe Nostromo.
4. In what way does this chapter show the power of Charles Gould and his silver mine?
5. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
6. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
7. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
8. What is Nostromo's relationship with the aristocracy?
9. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
10. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)