|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
(a) General Barrios
(b) General Sulaco
(c) General Montero
(d) General Gould
2. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
(a) Don Jose
3. From whom does Mr. Hirsch claim that Nostromo once saves him?
(c) The church
4. How does Decoud manage to offend everyone?
(a) By undressing in public
(b) By making jokes about the war
(c) By commenting on the ugliness of the women
(d) By laughing at the peasants
5. At whose house does a party take place in this chapter?
(a) The Goulds' house
(b) Ribieras' house
(c) Don Jose's house
(d) Decouds' house
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of Europe does Mrs. Gould discover true peasantry?
2. What is the name of the country in which the story takes place?
3. To whom in the government does Jose give his support?
4. What does Nostromo mean in Italian?
5. Who arrives at the hotel to stop the rioters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Decoud?
2. Describe General Barrios.
3. How is the silver threatening to ruin Nostromo's life?
4. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
5. Describe the Isabel Islands.
6. What does Captain Mitchell say on his tours around the Occidental Republic?
7. What are Antonia and Gould's real concerns?
8. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
9. How has the town changed when Mr. Gould arrives back in town?
10. How does Pedro try to convince Gould to hand over his mine?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)