|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town?
2. Which main character is introduced in this chapter?
(a) Prince Riberia
(b) James Cook
(c) Johnny Mitchell
3. With what does Sir John ask the Goulds to help him?
(a) Finding a sponsor for his railway
(b) Transporting rail part from Britain and America
(c) Obtaining a business visa
(d) Convincing landowners to let him lay down a rail track
4. What is the name of Don Jose's daughter?
5. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
(a) The loyalty he shows the English
(b) His love of life
(c) His freedom
(d) The loyalty he shows the natives
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
2. To where does Decoud want Antonia to go with him?
3. How many months do the Goulds travel to look for laborers?
4. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
5. Who prospers when the mine opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
2. Describe the Gould family.
3. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
4. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
5. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
6. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
7. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
8. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
9. Describe the Isabel Islands.
10. What is Nostromo's relationship with the aristocracy?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)