|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house does a party take place in this chapter?
(a) Don Jose's house
(b) The Goulds' house
(c) Decouds' house
(d) Ribieras' house
2. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
(a) The Violas
(b) The Mitchells
(c) The Battistas
(d) The Garraldis
3. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
(d) A river
4. Who arrives at the hotel to stop the rioters?
(d) Joseph Mitchell
5. What are the names of the small islands?
(a) The Isabels
(b) The Butter Cups
(c) The Floras
(d) The Monkey Backs
Short Answer Questions
1. From what American city do the Holroyds come?
2. For how many generations have the Gould family lived in Sulaco?
3. What is the name of Charles Gould's silver mine?
4. The Gould family comes from ___________.
5. What is Mr. Gould's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the silver mine represents?
2. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
3. Describe the Isabel Islands.
4. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
5. In what way does this chapter show the power of Charles Gould and his silver mine?
6. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
7. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
8. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
9. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
10. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)