|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
(a) His love of life
(b) The loyalty he shows the natives
(c) The loyalty he shows the English
(d) His freedom
2. What nationality is Nostromo?
3. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
(a) Two years
(b) Six months
(c) Eight months
(d) Four months
4. From what American city do the Holroyds come?
(a) New Orleans
(b) San Francisco
(c) New York
5. In what part of Europe does Mrs. Gould discover true peasantry?
(a) Southern Europe
(b) Nothern Europe
(c) Western Europe
(d) Eastern Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tyrant who has been overthrown?
2. In what government is Barrios give a high military post?
3. Who is the leader of Sulaco's foreign residents?
4. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
5. What do the Violas call Nostromo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
2. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
3. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
4. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
5. In what way does Decoud's presence cause problems for the long term residents in Part 2, Chapter 4?
6. Describe General Barrios.
7. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
8. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
9. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
10. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)