|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Getting home
(d) Women and beer
2. What is Mr. Gould's nickname among the foreign residents?
(b) Prince of Costaguano
(c) King of Sulaco
(d) The English King
3. How does Decoud manage to offend everyone?
(a) By making jokes about the war
(b) By commenting on the ugliness of the women
(c) By undressing in public
(d) By laughing at the peasants
4. To whom in the government does Jose give his support?
(a) Charles Gould
(b) Guzman Bento
(c) Jose Lorretti
5. In what revolution did the Goulds participate?
(a) Bolivar revolution
(b) The Cuban revolution
(c) The Chile revolution
(d) The Sulaco revolution
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on these islands?
2. How long after Ribiera's visit to Sulaco do Montero's followers revolt?
3. What is General Barrios' hobby?
4. What is the name of the novel's main character?
5. Who arrives at the hotel to stop the rioters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
2. Describe General Barrios.
3. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
4. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
5. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
6. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
7. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
8. What do you think the silver mine represents?
9. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
10. What is Nostromo's relationship with the aristocracy?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)