|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tyrant who has been overthrown?
(a) Sergei Ribieria
(b) Guzman Bento
(c) Antonie di Sica
(d) Jose Sulaco
2. For what are the Americans looking?
(a) A diamond mine
(b) A coal mine
(c) A silver mine
(d) A gold mine
3. Who arrives at the hotel to stop the rioters?
(b) Joseph Mitchell
4. What happens to Don Jose under Guzman?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He is made into a slave.
(c) He is stripped of his possessions and money.
(d) He is imprisoned.
5. Which character calls Mrs. Gould the "never tired Senora"?
(a) Joseph Mitchell
(b) Mr. Gould
(d) Don Pepe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Don Jose's daughter?
2. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
3. What is the name of the town?
4. What does OSN stand for?
5. Where does the revolt take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
2. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
3. Describe Nostromo.
4. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
5. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
6. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
7. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
8. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
9. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
10. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)