|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(d) Di Sica
2. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
(a) Eight months
(b) Two years
(c) Four months
(d) Six months
3. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
(d) Don Jose
4. How many months do the Goulds travel to look for laborers?
(a) Three months
(b) Four months
(c) Two months
(d) Six months
5. Which character in this chapter cares only for the church?
(a) Padre Corbelan
(b) Mr. Gould
(d) Mr. Hirsch
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Decoud want Antonia to go with him?
2. Which character in this chapter calls Mrs. Gould "my soul"?
3. With what does Decoud come to Costaguana?
4. What do the Costaguana locals think that Martin Decoud has?
5. In what government is Barrios give a high military post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Giorgio's idea of revolution?
2. In what way does this chapter show the power of Charles Gould and his silver mine?
3. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
4. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
5. Describe Martin Decoud.
6. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
7. In what way does Decoud's presence cause problems for the long term residents in Part 2, Chapter 4?
8. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
9. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
10. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)