|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
2. At whose house does a party take place in this chapter?
(a) The Goulds' house
(b) Decouds' house
(c) Ribieras' house
(d) Don Jose's house
3. Decoud's articles attract the attention of ____________.
(a) Mr. Gould
(d) Don Jose
4. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
(c) New Hololulu
5. What happens to Don Jose under Guzman?
(a) He is stripped of his possessions and money.
(b) He is imprisoned.
(c) He is made into a slave.
(d) He is tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Sir John ask the Goulds to help him?
2. From what American city do the Holroyds come?
3. What do the Costaguana locals think that Martin Decoud has?
4. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
5. Which character in this chapter cares only for the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Giorgio's idea of revolution?
2. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
3. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
4. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
5. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
6. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
7. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
8. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
9. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
10. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)