|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in this chapter calls Mrs. Gould "my soul"?
(b) Jose Avellanos
(d) Mr. Gould
2. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Hoist a flag
(b) Shoot their rifles
(c) Send up smoke
3. With what does Decoud come to Costaguana?
(a) A shipment of bombs
(b) French gogo girls
(c) French literature
(d) A shipment of modern rifles
4. Why has Don Jose moved to Sulaco?
(a) For medical reasons
(b) To be closer to his parents
(c) To be by the sea
(d) For a quieter life
5. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Viola's wife pray will rescue them from the mob?
2. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
3. Which main character is introduced in this chapter?
4. What is Nostromo's job in Sulaco?
5. What nationality is Nostromo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
2. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
3. Describe the Gould family.
4. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
5. Describe Martin Decoud.
6. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
7. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
8. What is Giorgio's idea of revolution?
9. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
10. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)