|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the fur merchant?
(b) Padre Corbelan
(c) Mr. Hirsch
(d) Mr. Jacks
2. For whom does Viola's hotel cater?
(a) The Italian workers
(b) The aristocracy
(c) Italian royalty
(d) The tourists
3. In which city has Martin Decoud spent most of his life?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York
4. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
(a) The Isabel islands
(b) A casino
(c) His palace
(d) The capital
5. Martin Decoud's native country is _________.
(c) Cost Rica
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OSN stand for?
2. What do the Violas call Nostromo?
3. To where does Decoud want Antonia to go with him?
4. Why has Don Jose moved to Sulaco?
5. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the silver mine represents?
2. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
3. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
4. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
5. Describe the Gould family.
6. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
7. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
8. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
9. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
10. Describe General Barrios.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)