|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
(a) A prince
(b) A negro fisherman
(c) A witch doctor
(d) A revolutionary
2. Who does Mrs. Gould invite into her carriage?
(c) Don Jose
3. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Hoist a flag
(b) Shoot their rifles
(d) Send up smoke
4. What is the name of the country in which the story takes place?
(c) Costa Rica
5. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
2. To where does Decoud want Antonia to go with him?
3. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
4. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
5. What is the only thing that keeps Decoud in Sulaco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
2. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
3. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
4. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
5. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
6. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
7. Describe the Gould family.
8. What do you think the silver mine represents?
9. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
10. Describe General Barrios.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)