|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what government is Barrios give a high military post?
(a) The British government
(b) The Ribiera government
(c) The American government
(d) The Montero government
2. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
(b) A river
3. What happens to Don Jose under Guzman?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He is made into a slave.
(d) He is stripped of his possessions and money.
4. In which city has Martin Decoud spent most of his life?
(a) San Francisco
(d) New York
5. For how many generations have the Gould family lived in Sulaco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
2. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
3. The Gould family comes from ___________.
4. What is the name of the Italian hotel owner?
5. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Americans that go in search of the silver mine?
2. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
3. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
4. Describe Martin Decoud.
5. In what way does this chapter highlight Ribiera's weaknesses?
6. Why does Decoud want to make Sulaco independent?
7. What does Ribiera symbolize to the nation of Costaguana?
8. How do Antonia and Decoud's opinion on the revolution differ?
9. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
10. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)