Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
(a) About the history of Costaguana
(b) About European society
(c) About Military tactics
(d) About American society
2. What does Gould assure his wife he will do whatever is possible to save?
(a) The town
(b) The mine
(c) Their marriage
(d) Their children
3. Which main character is introduced in this chapter?
(a) Prince Riberia
(b) Johnny Mitchell
(c) James Cook
4. With what does Sir John ask the Goulds to help him?
(a) Convincing landowners to let him lay down a rail track
(b) Finding a sponsor for his railway
(c) Obtaining a business visa
(d) Transporting rail part from Britain and America
5. Which character in this chapter calls Mrs. Gould "my soul"?
(a) Jose Avellanos
(d) Mr. Gould
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
2. What is the only thing that keeps Decoud in Sulaco?
3. With what does Decoud come to Costaguana?
4. What is the name of Don Jose's daughter?
5. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nostromo.
2. What is the chairman trying to do to build his railway?
3. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
4. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
5. What are Antonia and Gould's real concerns?
6. How does the opening of the mine affect the local community?
7. Why does Mrs. Gould show a concern for her husband and his mine in Chapter 6, Part 2?
8. How does the news of Nostromo and Decoud's supposed deaths prove their peers' real opinion of them?
9. In what way does Mrs. Gould put an end to the community's obsession with the silver?
10. How is the silver corrupting the characters?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)