|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the small islands?
(a) The Butter Cups
(b) The Monkey Backs
(c) The Floras
(d) The Isabels
2. Who does Mrs. Gould visit in this chapter?
(c) Don Jose
3. What is Nostromo's job in Sulaco?
(a) A foreman for the dock workers
(b) A typist
(c) A soldier
(d) A journalist
4. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Shoot their rifles
(b) Hoist a flag
(c) Send up smoke
5. What is the name of Ribiera's war minister?
(a) General Franco
(b) General Lagos
(c) General Montero
(d) General Fredo
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the newly-elected president in this chapter?
2. What town's history does Mrs. Gould recount?
3. Why has Don Jose moved to Sulaco?
4. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
5. Who does Mrs. Gould invite into her carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Chapter 7, Part 1, indicate that the mine is already creating a gulf between the Goulds?
2. Describe Martin Decoud.
3. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
4. How do President Ribiera's problems start?
5. What is the Costaguanian idea of revolution?
6. In what way does the party in Chapter 5, Part 2, reflect the problems that resulted in the civil war?
7. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
8. Why is the OSN an important presence in the novel?
9. In what way do Decoud's plans change?
10. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)