|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of articles does Decoud write for Europeans?
(a) About America
(b) About Costaguana
(c) About art
(d) About literature
2. Who does Mitchell say he and his crew rescued?
(a) President Riberia
(c) Prince Cafu
(d) President Noberia
3. What nationality is Nostromo?
4. Decoud's articles attract the attention of ____________.
(b) Don Jose
(c) Mr. Gould
5. What does Decoud want to become independent from Costaguana?
(a) The silver mine
(b) Costa Rica
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Jose want Decoud to encourage support?
2. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
3. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
4. How long after Ribiera's visit to Sulaco do Montero's followers revolt?
5. From whom does Mr. Hirsch claim that Nostromo once saves him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gould family.
2. What is the history of the silver mine as outlined in Chapter 6, Part 1?
3. How do the Goulds settle into Sulaco?
4. Why is Giorgio disappointed with the other Italians in the area?
5. Describe the Isabel Islands.
6. What do you think the silver mine represents?
7. What is the Viola family's opinion of Nostromo?
8. Why is Ribiera important to the industrialists?
9. Describe Nostromo.
10. In what way does the mine symbolize power and authority?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)