|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nostromo plan to marry?
2. What does Gould see in town?
(a) A statue of Montero
(b) Wounded people
(c) A coronation
(d) A parade
3. Which character in this chapter is not well and is likely to die?
(c) Pedro Montero
(d) Don Jose
4. Who does Nostromo meet in the Custom House?
(b) Dr. Monygham
(c) Mr. Gould
5. What does Pedro offer Gould?
(a) A gold mine
(c) A royal title
(d) A military rank
6. Who does Decoud beg not to surrender?
(a) The town leaders
(b) Mr. Gould
(d) Montero's army
7. What does Pepe think will happen if they defend the mine?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) Surrounding villages will be destroyed.
(c) They will be tortured.
(d) They will lose everything.
8. Who does Nostromo propose to in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Gould
9. Who does Gould meet to discuss a strategy for protecting the mine?
(a) Mrs. Gould
(b) Don Jose
(c) Don Pepe
(d) Dr. Monygham
10. How do Pepe and Mr. Gould plan to keep the mine out of enemy hands?
(a) Blow it up
(b) Set traps
(c) Kill Montero
(d) Call in American troops
11. What does Nostromo know to do if it is needed?
(a) Fire the cannon
(c) Sink the boat
(d) Kill himself painlessly
12. Who does Nostromo think cares nothing for him?
(a) The sailors
(b) The upper classes
(d) The mining industry
13. With whom does Sulaco establish international ties?
(a) U.S. and Europe
(b) Europe and Japan
(c) China and Russia
14. How does Sotillo avoid Pedro?
(a) He hides under his bed.
(b) He sails back into the sea.
(c) He hides on the Isabel islets.
(d) He pretends to be sick.
15. Who do the doctor and the engineer wonder is trustworthy?
(a) Mr. Gould
Short Answer Questions
1. What other character does Sotillo turn to for information?
2. Who does Don Pepe want to form a military force?
3. What does Sotillo want to find out from Mitchell?
4. For whom does Sotillo send?
5. Who is asked to lead the delegation?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)