|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in this chapter is said to be always deeply in debt?
(a) Don Jose
(d) Mrs. Gould
2. With what does Decoud come to Costaguana?
(a) A shipment of bombs
(b) French literature
(c) A shipment of modern rifles
(d) French gogo girls
3. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
(a) About Military tactics
(b) About European society
(c) About the history of Costaguana
(d) About American society
4. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
(a) A negro fisherman
(b) A revolutionary
(c) A witch doctor
(d) A prince
5. What is the name of Charles Gould's silver mine?
(b) San Losos
(c) Gould Mine
(d) San Tome
6. What do the Violas call Nostromo?
(d) Gian Battista
7. Where does the revolt take place?
(b) The capital city
(c) The Isabella islets
8. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
(b) New Hololulu
9. What is the name of the Italian hotel owner?
(a) Frank Garibaldi
(b) Freddie Juniper
(c) Don Giovanni
(d) Giorgio Viola
10. Who does Gould have to send a decree to to build villages near the mine?
(a) Minister of the Interior
(b) The Minister of Foreign Affairs
(c) The Ambassador
(d) The President
11. Who is the leader of Sulaco's foreign residents?
(a) Mrs. Gould
(b) Joseph Mitchell
(c) Mr. Gould
12. How many months' worth of silver does Mr. Gould bring back to the harbor?
(a) Four months
(b) Six months
(c) Eight months
(d) Two years
13. What is the name of the Sulaco superintendent?
(b) Joseph Conrad
(c) Joseph Mitchell
(d) Phil Mitchell
14. What is General Barrios' hobby?
(a) Horse riding
15. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
(a) His freedom
(b) His love of life
(c) The loyalty he shows the natives
(d) The loyalty he shows the English
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
2. What does Decoud want to become independent from Costaguana?
3. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
4. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
5. How does Decoud manage to offend everyone?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)