|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what government is Barrios give a high military post?
(a) The Ribiera government
(b) The British government
(c) The American government
(d) The Montero government
2. For how many generations have the Gould family lived in Sulaco?
3. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
(a) A prince
(b) A revolutionary
(c) A witch doctor
(d) A negro fisherman
4. Martin Decoud's native country is _________.
(a) Cost Rica
5. What town's history does Mrs. Gould recount?
6. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
(c) New Hololulu
7. What do the Violas resent about Nostromo?
(a) The loyalty he shows the natives
(b) His love of life
(c) His freedom
(d) The loyalty he shows the English
8. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(a) Di Sica
9. What was Don Pepe's previous job?
(a) A doctor
(b) A miner
(c) A soldier
(d) A lawyer
10. What does Mrs. Gould's husband own?
(a) A silver mine
(b) A gold mine
(c) An oil rig
(d) A copper mine
11. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
(a) The Garraldis
(b) The Battistas
(c) The Violas
(d) The Mitchells
12. What does Viola think is all the Italian workers and Nostromo care about?
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Getting home
(d) Women and beer
13. Who prospers when the mine opens?
(a) The president
(b) The expats
(c) The government
(d) The townspeople
14. What are the names of the small islands?
(a) The Isabels
(b) The Monkey Backs
(c) The Floras
(d) The Butter Cups
15. Where does Don Jose want Decoud to encourage support?
(b) Africa and the US
(c) Europe and the US
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nostromo mean in Italian?
2. What is the name of Ribiera's war minister?
3. What kind of articles does Decoud write for the Costaguanan people?
4. What is the name of the Sulaco superintendent?
5. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)