|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Decoud's articles attract the attention of ____________.
(c) Don Jose
(d) Mr. Gould
2. What is the name of the town?
3. Who does Giorgio fight alongside in Italy?
(d) Di Sica
4. Which character in this chapter is said to be always deeply in debt?
(a) Don Jose
(b) Mrs. Gould
5. What does OSN stand for?
(a) The Ottter Steam Navigation Company
(b) The Otter's Save the Nation
(c) The Ocean Steam Navigation Company
(d) The Ocean Silence Navigation Company
6. Which family's routine is described in this chapter?
(a) The Battistas
(b) The Mitchells
(c) The Garraldis
(d) The Violas
7. For what are the Americans looking?
(a) A gold mine
(b) A diamond mine
(c) A coal mine
(d) A silver mine
8. What kind of articles does Decoud write for Europeans?
(a) About art
(b) About Costaguana
(c) About America
(d) About literature
9. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
(a) Luck Mala
(b) Punta Mala
(c) Lorna Fall
(d) Sorta Diego
10. What town's history does Mrs. Gould recount?
11. Who is Gould's business partner?
(a) The Holroyds
(b) Joseph Mitchell
(d) President Ribieria
12. Under whom will Ribiera's soldiers fight?
(a) General Montero
(b) General Gould
(c) General Sulaco
(d) General Barrios
13. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
14. What is the name of Charles Gould's silver mine?
(b) San Losos
(c) Gould Mine
(d) San Tome
15. Who does Antonia think will save the country?
(b) Mr. Gould
(d) Don Jose
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
2. For whom does Viola's hotel cater?
3. In which city has Martin Decoud spent most of his life?
4. Why has Don Jose moved to Sulaco?
5. What is the name of Ribiera's war minister?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)