|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Viola's wife pray will rescue them from the mob?
(c) Joseph Mitchell
2. Who does Gould have to send a decree to to build villages near the mine?
(a) The Ambassador
(b) The President
(c) The Minister of Foreign Affairs
(d) Minister of the Interior
3. Who lives on these islands?
(a) A guerilla army
(b) Women and children
(c) No one
(d) The ruler of Costaguana
4. What is Joseph Mitchell's rank?
5. What does Decoud want to become independent from Costaguana?
(a) The silver mine
(b) Costa Rica
6. Which harbor are the Isabels near?
(b) New Hololulu
7. Which character in this chapter calls Mrs. Gould "my soul"?
(a) Jose Avellanos
(d) Mr. Gould
8. Where is Riberia fleeing from when Mitchell rescues him?
(a) A casino
(b) His palace
(c) The Isabel islands
(d) The capital
9. Martin Decoud's native country is _________.
(d) Cost Rica
10. What is the only thing that keeps Decoud in Sulaco?
(a) The silver mine
(b) His love for Antonia
(c) His love for Mrs. Gould
(d) His friendship with Nostromo
11. What does Nostromo mean in Italian?
(a) Our Man
(b) Our Friend
12. What happens to Don Jose under Guzman?
(a) He is made into a slave.
(b) He is stripped of his possessions and money.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He is imprisoned.
13. Who does Sulaco side with during the fighting?
(a) General Montero
(b) They are neutral
(c) Don Jose
14. What is Mr. Gould's first name?
15. From what American city do the Holroyds come?
(a) New Orleans
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of Sulaco's foreign residents?
2. What is the name of Don Jose's daughter?
3. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
4. Who does Antonia think will save the country?
5. How does Decoud manage to offend everyone?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)