|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prospers when the mine opens?
(a) The president
(b) The expats
(c) The townspeople
(d) The government
2. What is the name of the mines on-site manager?
(a) Mr. Hyman
(c) Mr. Gould
(d) Don Pepe
3. What is the name of the railway's chairman?
(c) Sir John
(d) Sir Charles
4. What does Pepe think will happen if they defend the mine?
(a) They will lose everything.
(b) Surrounding villages will be destroyed.
(c) They will be tortured.
(d) They will be killed.
5. Why are more people coming to the town?
(a) To meet Mr. Gould
(b) In search of work and security
(c) For the silver
(d) For holidays
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Sir John ask the Goulds to help him?
2. What was Don Pepe's previous job?
3. What does Montero ask Don Pepe in his letter?
4. With whom does Decoud tend to the wounded?
5. Who receives a letter from Pedro Montero?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)