Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What is the name of the town?
2. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
(a) Luck Mala
(b) Lorna Fall
(c) Sorta Diego
(d) Punta Mala
3. What is the name of the country in which the story takes place?
(a) Costa Rica
4. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
(a) A negro fisherman
(b) A witch doctor
(c) A prince
(d) A revolutionary
5. What does Nostromo mean in Italian?
(b) Our Friend
(c) Our Man
6. For what are the Americans looking?
(a) A silver mine
(b) A coal mine
(c) A diamond mine
(d) A gold mine
7. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
(a) A river
8. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Hoist a flag
(b) Send up smoke
(c) Shoot their rifles
9. What is the name of the novel's main character?
This section contains 3,176 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)