Part 1, Chapter 1
1. What is the name of the town?
2. What is the name of what the author calls the insignificant cape?
(a) Punta Mala
(b) Lorna Fall
(c) Sorta Diego
(d) Luck Mala
3. What is the name of the country in which the story takes place?
(c) Costa Rica
4. Who lives in a lonely hut in the little bay?
(a) A negro fisherman
(b) A prince
(c) A revolutionary
(d) A witch doctor
5. What does Nostromo mean in Italian?
(b) Our Friend
(c) Our Man
6. For what are the Americans looking?
(a) A diamond mine
(b) A gold mine
(c) A coal mine
(d) A silver mine
7. What do the Americans have to cut through to get to the mine?
(b) A river
8. What do the Americans do to confirm their location?
(a) Shoot their rifles
(b) Send up smoke
(c) Hoist a flag
9. What is the name of the novel's main character?
This section contains 3,176 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)