|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the little girl from Christmasland describe as “almost as fun as Christmasland” when she calls Vic in September of 2001?
(b) New York.
2. What is the street address listed on Bing Partridge’s mail in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) 25 Bloch Lane.
(b) 12 Willow Drive.
(c) 616 West Ave.
(d) 232 Garfield Lane.
3. What is described as the main boulevard of Christmasland when Vic enters in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
(a) Gumdrop Avenue.
(b) Santa Claus Street.
(c) Sugarcane Avenue.
(d) Peppermint Drive.
4. What is written on the side of the Zippo lighter that Vic got from Detective Daltry in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
5. Who is the father of author Joe Hill?
(a) Tony Livingston Hill.
(b) L. Ron Hubbard.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Douglas Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bing Partridge when he first appears in the summer of 2001 in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
2. When was Maggie Leigh arrested and charged with squatting and possession of heroin, according to the articles Wayne reads in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
3. “Come All Ye Faithful, October” opens on what day of the week?
4. What is the name of Sigmund de Zoet’s wife in the novel?
5. What does the nurse say Louis Carmody has been diagnosed with in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Maggie while Vic is sleeping in "Christmasland, July 7-9"? How does Vic discover this?
2. What does Charlie Manx tell Wayne about Maggie Leigh in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
3. How has Bing’s character changed when he is reintroduced in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
4. How does the narrator describe the actions of Paul Caslon and Millie Manx in the novel’s Epilogue?
5. How does Vic respond when Maggie appears on her doorstep in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
6. What actions does Vic take inside Christmasland in "Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve"?
7. How does Vic come to spend the summer with her son in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"? How does she feel about this vacation?
8. What is Sigmund de Zoet doing when his character is introduced in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
9. What happens when Vic visits her father’s house in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
10. How is the “Gasmask Man” described in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"? What does he tell Mr. de Zoet?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)