|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police trace Wayne’s iPhone in "Search Engine, July 6-7," the image shows him riding down what road?
(a) Gumdrop Lane.
(b) Highway 66 West.
(c) Highway 288 East.
(d) St. Nick Parkway.
2. What does Bing cut up to use as a bandage around Mr. Manx’s head in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) His socks.
(b) His undershirt.
(c) His pants.
(d) Wayne’s jacket.
3. Where is Lou at the police headquarters when he talks to Vic on the telephone in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(b) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(c) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(d) Laconia, New Hampshire.
4. In the conclusion of the narrative, when does the author say the work was completed?
(a) Winter, 2011.
(b) Summer, 2012.
(c) Fall, 2010.
(d) Spring, 2001.
5. Who does Charlie Manx say is “the finest shirtmaker in the West for a hundred years” in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(b) Winston Marshall.
(c) Betterman and Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Vic graduated from high school in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
2. How does Vic attempt to destroy the Wraith in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
3. Who is the dead man that Vic finds in The Sleep House with a note in his mouth in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
4. What color hair does Charlie Manx say his first wife had in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
5. What place does the little girl from Christmasland describe as “almost as fun as Christmasland” when she calls Vic in September of 2001?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say happens to Charlie Manx’s “True Children” in the novel’s Epilogue?
2. Where does Vic travel to across the Shorter Way Bridge on the Triumph in "Search Engine, July 6-7"? What takes place at this location?
3. How does the narrator describe Vic’s relationship with her boyfriend and son in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
4. How is Wayne’s demeanor described in the beginning of "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
5. What happens when Vic visits her father’s house in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
6. What is Sigmund de Zoet doing when his character is introduced in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
7. What does Bing do at the church by his house in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
8. What happens to Maggie while Vic is sleeping in "Christmasland, July 7-9"? How does Vic discover this?
9. Where does Vic travel to via the Shorter Way Bridge after she leaves Bing’s home in "Christmasland, July 7-9"? What does she learn here?
10. What is the setting of "Come All Ye Faithful, October"? What information is revealed to the reader in the opening of this chapter?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)