|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Marta Gregorski and her mother located when they go missing, according to the narrative in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
(a) Here, Iowa.
(b) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(c) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
2. What has Vic McQueen’s mother lost in the beginning of "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
3. What is the name of the café that Vic McQueen finds herself at when she first crosses the Shorter Way Bridge in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) Pete’s Corner Bistro.
(b) Roger’s Sandwich Factory.
(c) Terry’s Primo Subs.
(d) Buster’s Big Eats.
4. What does the store owner hit Charlie Manx with in the face as he tries to break up the scuffle in the end of "Sleigh House, 1996"?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) A rolling pin.
(c) The barrel of a shotgun.
(d) A shovel.
5. Where does Bing Partridge live in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(b) Sugarhill, Pennsylvania.
(c) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(d) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie say lets her get away with sleeping in the library from time to time in "The Librarian, 1991"?
2. When Vic escapes Charlie Manx’s home in "Sleigh House, 1996," she runs and hails down a driver on the road who is driving what?
3. How old is Vic McQueen in the beginning of "The Librarian, 1991"?
4. What is the name of Vic’s best friend in childhood in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
5. What is the name of the soldier at the country store who goes out to prevent Charles Manx from escaping before the police arrive in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rory McCombers’ abduction described in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"? Where is Rory kidnapped?
2. Whose disappearance is described first in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"? Where does this abduction take place?
3. What is Vic McQueen doing when her character is first introduced in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
4. How does Nurse Thornton react to Manx’s “awakening” in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"? What do the doctors observe of his condition?
5. Where does Vic arrive when she crosses the Shorter Way Bridge to look for her father’s lost object in "The Librarian, 1991"? Who witnesses her there?
6. What does Charlie Manx tell Bing he must do in order to get to Christmasland in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
7. What is Jeff Haddon doing when his character is introduced in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
8. What advertisement is described in the beginning of "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
9. What causes the argument between Vic and her mother when Vic has started high school in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
10. What are Vic’s first impressions of the house that she finds at “The Other End of the Bridge” in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)