|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bing Partridge live in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(b) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(c) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(d) Sugarhill, Pennsylvania.
2. What is Marta Gregorski a prodigy at, according to the narrator in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
3. For how many years has Bing Partridge worked for his current employer, according to his letter in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 18 years.
4. For how long has Nurse Thornton worked at the Supermax prison infirmary in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. What does Charlie Manx call the frozen cemetery that he takes Bing to visit in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) The Rose Hill Cemetery.
(b) The Graveyard of What Might Be.
(c) The Cemetery of the Forgotten.
(d) The Cemetery of Lost Souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie Manx’s full name in the novel?
2. What is the name of the soldier at the country store who goes out to prevent Charles Manx from escaping before the police arrive in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
3. What items does Bing recall his father giving to him for Christmas from his Korean War days in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
4. How is Vic McQueen’s bike described in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
5. From what narrative perspective is NOS4A2 related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie Manx tell Bing he must do in order to get to Christmasland in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
2. Where does Vic arrive when she crosses the Shorter Way Bridge to look for her father’s lost object in "The Librarian, 1991"? Who witnesses her there?
3. What happens to Vic when she returns from the Library across the Shorter Way Bridge in "The Librarian, 1991"?
4. How are the deaths of Bing’s parents described in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
5. What causes the argument between Vic and her mother when Vic has started high school in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
6. What is Nurse Thornton doing in the opening of "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
7. What gift does Bing recall getting from his father for Christmas in "Spicy Menace, 1990"? What did his father tell him about the gift?
8. What are Vic’s first impressions of the house that she finds at “The Other End of the Bridge” in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
9. Where does Vic first see Charlie Manx in "Sleigh House, 1996"? Where does Vic run to flee?
10. How are the trees and car described that Vic encounters on “The Other End of the Bridge” in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)