|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Charlie Manx drive when he travels to kidnap children?
(a) A Ford Model-T.
(b) A BMW station wagon.
(c) A Chevrolet Corvette.
(d) A Rolls-Royce Wraith.
2. Who is the janitor that sees Vic and the magical bridge and screams in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) Mr. Eugley.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Demeter.
(d) Mr. Carmody.
3. Where does Bing Partridge live in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(b) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(c) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(d) Sugarhill, Pennsylvania.
4. What is Marta Gregorski a prodigy at, according to the narrator in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
5. Where does Bing Partridge work in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(b) The Supermax prison infirmary.
(c) Pete’s Taco Stand.
(d) Jackson’s Tire Repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Nurse Thornton worked at the Supermax prison infirmary in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
2. What has Vic McQueen’s mother lost in the beginning of "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
3. Where does Vic tell her parents she found her mother’s lost item after she returns home from the Shorter Way Bridge in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
4. What is the name of Vic’s best friend in childhood in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
5. The “Spicy Menace” issue that Bing Partridge is looking at in the beginning of "Spicy Menace, 1990" was issued in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the little boy in the car grabs Vic by the wrist in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
2. What does Charlie Manx tell Bing he must do in order to get to Christmasland in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
3. How is the little boy in the car described in "Sleigh House, 1996"? Why does Vic approach him?
4. How does Maggie introduce herself and the setting where Vic has arrived in "The Librarian, 1991"?
5. What gift does Bing recall getting from his father for Christmas in "Spicy Menace, 1990"? What did his father tell him about the gift?
6. How are the trees and car described that Vic encounters on “The Other End of the Bridge” in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
7. How does Nurse Thornton react to Manx’s “awakening” in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"? What do the doctors observe of his condition?
8. What foreshadowing does the narrator allude to when Charlie Manx appears to Bing Partridge in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
9. Where does Bing Partridge live and work, according to the narrator in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
10. How does Vic find help in her escape in "Sleigh House, 1996"? Who helps Vic?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)