|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dead man that Vic finds in The Sleep House with a note in his mouth in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Roger Sillman.
(b) Tommy Priest.
(c) Nathan Demeter.
(d) Hank Tulowitzki.
2. In the story that Wayne reads from the Cedar Rapids Gazette about Maggie, where does it say Hayes Archer lived in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(b) Sacramento, California.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
3. What does the nurse say Louis Carmody has been diagnosed with in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Artery stenosis.
(b) Type II diabetes.
(c) Partial stroke and paralysis.
(d) Aortal aneurysm.
4. Sigmund de Zoet tells Bing that his wife is how many years younger than him in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
5. Tabitha K. Hutter’s nametag indicates that she works for what law enforcement branch in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The New Hampshire State Police.
(c) Homeland Security.
(d) The CIA.
6. What part on the bike does Vic realize is unattached as she flees on the Triumph in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) The gas cap.
(b) The throttle cable.
(c) The rear brake line.
(d) The rim.
7. The reader discovers in "Search Engine, July 6-7" that the Gasmask Man is actually what character?
(a) Wayne Carmody.
(b) Lou Carmody.
(c) Hank Tulowitzki.
(d) Bing Partridge.
8. What is the name of the Indian police officer who arrives after Vic calls 911 about her son’s kidnapping in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) Officer Shashank.
(b) Officer Bakshi.
(c) Officer Chitra.
(d) Officer Indira.
9. What is the name of one of Charles Manx’s “True Children” and his biological daughter?
10. What is the street address listed on Bing Partridge’s mail in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) 25 Bloch Lane.
(b) 616 West Ave.
(c) 12 Willow Drive.
(d) 232 Garfield Lane.
11. Who has Louis Carmody begun dating in “Come All Ye Faithful, October”?
(a) Linda McQueen.
(b) Nurse Thornton.
(d) Tabitha Hutter.
12. What is referred to as “the substance [Vic’s] father had been using to blow up shelf rock for decades” in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
13. What is Vic McQueen’s father’s occupation in NOS4A2?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a demolitionist.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is a lawyer.
14. What type of hammer does Hutter say Vic identified as the one used by Manx to attack her in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) A tappet key.
(b) A sledge hammer.
(c) A garden hammer.
(d) A bone mallet.
15. What kind of motorcycle do Vic and Wayne find in the carriage house in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
(a) A Triumph.
(b) A Suzuki.
(c) A Harley-Davidson.
(d) A Honda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as the main boulevard of Christmasland when Vic enters in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
2. What is the name of the children’s book series that Vic has gained fame by creating in the novel?
3. In the conclusion of the novel when does it denote the work was begun?
4. What is the name of the male nurse that tends to Lou while he’s in the hospital in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
5. The article that Bing reads in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012" describes Charlie Manx’s condition as a rare form of adult progeria known as what?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)