|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maggie flee to across the Shorter Way Bridge after running from the cops after Maggie’s death in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Her father’s house.
(b) The Sleigh House.
(d) The Supermax prison infirmary.
2. Who is the dead man that Vic finds in The Sleep House with a note in his mouth in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Roger Sillman.
(b) Nathan Demeter.
(c) Hank Tulowitzki.
(d) Tommy Priest.
3. When Bing Partridge asks Mr. de Zoet about Victoria McQueen in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012," Mr. de Zoet imagines Vic as she was at what age?
4. Sigmund de Zoet tells Bing that his wife is how many years younger than him in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
5. What is the name of Sigmund de Zoet’s wife in the novel?
6. The article that Bing reads in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012" describes Charlie Manx’s condition as a rare form of adult progeria known as what?
(a) Stage II Epilepsy.
(b) Werner syndrome.
(c) Ventricular carcinoma.
(d) Hodgkin’s disease.
7. Where does Vic’s mother say that Vic’s father is now living in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
(a) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(b) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(c) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(d) Dover, New Hampshire.
8. What is printed on the baseball cap that Bing wears when he exits his house to leave for Christmasland in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
9. What kind of dog is Hooper?
(a) Great Dane.
(b) Saint Bernard.
(c) German Shepherd.
(d) Springer Spaniel.
10. Who is described as “the woman from South Carolina who drowned her children, then told a whopping lie about how they’d been kidnapped by a black man” in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) Susan Smith.
(b) Vic McQueen.
(c) Linda McQueen.
(d) Michelle Gilman.
11. What does Wayne’s ornament look like that Lou smashes in “Come All Ye Faithful, October”?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A star.
(c) A manger.
(d) A moon.
12. Who does Wayne call on his iPhone from the back of the Rolls-Royce in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) Tommy Priest.
(b) Linda McQueen.
(c) Lou Carmody.
(d) Vic McQueen.
13. In the conclusion of the novel when does it denote the work was begun?
(a) March 12, 2010.
(b) June 16, 2005.
(c) July 4, 2009.
(d) September 11, 2001.
14. What place does the little girl from Christmasland describe as “almost as fun as Christmasland” when she calls Vic in September of 2001?
(a) New York.
15. What happens to the “True Children” of Charles Manx in the epilogue?
(a) They devour Manx’s soul and go to heaven.
(b) They drown in the ocean.
(c) They escape from Christmasland.
(d) They dissolve into battery acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Charlie Manx sent to Bing after he was sentenced for murder, according to the narrator in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
2. What message is on the sign for the New American Faith Tabernacle Church when Vic sees it after crossing the Shorter Way Bridge in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
3. Who does Charlie Manx describe as a man who claimed that his spirit existed in a favorite suit of his in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
4. What is written on the side of the Zippo lighter that Vic got from Detective Daltry in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
5. Who has Louis Carmody begun dating in “Come All Ye Faithful, October”?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)