|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman sitting on the doorstep of Linda McQueen’s home when Vic and Wayne return there from the Lake House in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
(b) Nurse Thornton.
(c) Linda McQueen.
2. How does Vic attempt to destroy the Wraith in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
(a) She tries to blow it up.
(b) She tries to drive it off a cliff.
(c) She tries to remove the tires.
(d) She tries to dismantle the engine.
3. What is described as the main boulevard of Christmasland when Vic enters in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
(a) Peppermint Drive.
(b) Santa Claus Street.
(c) Gumdrop Avenue.
(d) Sugarcane Avenue.
4. What does Charles Manx say his first wife’s name was in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
5. How many “missions” had Charlie Manx and Bing Partridge completed together before Charlie was incarcerated?
6. Who does Charlie Manx describe as a man who claimed that his spirit existed in a favorite suit of his in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Nathan Demeter.
(b) Hank Tulowitzki.
(c) Craddock McDermott.
(d) Roger Sillman.
7. How old is Bing Partridge when he first appears in the summer of 2001 in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
8. What type of hammer does Hutter say Vic identified as the one used by Manx to attack her in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
(a) A bone mallet.
(b) A sledge hammer.
(c) A garden hammer.
(d) A tappet key.
9. Where does the narrator say that Wayne had seen a landslide the last summer while he and his father were towing a Mercedes in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
(a) Here, Iowa.
(b) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(c) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(d) Longmont, Colorado.
10. What kind of dog is Hooper?
(a) German Shepherd.
(b) Saint Bernard.
(c) Springer Spaniel.
(d) Great Dane.
11. “Come All Ye Faithful, October” opens on what day of the week?
12. How old does Sigmund de Zoet say his wife is in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
13. Where is Lou at the police headquarters when he talks to Vic on the telephone in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(b) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(c) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(d) Laconia, New Hampshire.
14. In the conclusion of the narrative, when does the author say the work was completed?
(a) Fall, 2010.
(b) Spring, 2001.
(c) Winter, 2011.
(d) Summer, 2012.
15. What is the name of the children’s book series that Vic has gained fame by creating in the novel?
(a) The Buster Boy series.
(b) The Search Engine series.
(c) The Christmasland series.
(d) The Sleigh House series.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sigmund de Zoet’s wife in the novel?
2. What is the name of the little Russian girl that appears at Lou and his girlfriend smash the ornaments in “Come All Ye Faithful, October”?
3. What is the name of the girlfriend Lou dated that stole his identity and ran off to California with her other boyfriend in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
4. What happens to the “True Children” of Charles Manx in the epilogue?
5. The article that Bing reads in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012" describes Charlie Manx’s condition as a rare form of adult progeria known as what?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)