|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie Manx tell Wayne there are at Christmasland instead of horses in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
2. What is the street address listed on Bing Partridge’s mail in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) 616 West Ave.
(b) 232 Garfield Lane.
(c) 25 Bloch Lane.
(d) 12 Willow Drive.
3. In the story that Wayne reads from the Cedar Rapids Gazette about Maggie, where does it say Hayes Archer lived in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Sacramento, California.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(d) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
4. What does the nurse say Louis Carmody has been diagnosed with in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) Aortal aneurysm.
(b) Type II diabetes.
(c) Partial stroke and paralysis.
(d) Artery stenosis.
5. How old is Michelle Demeter when she first appears in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
6. How does Vic attempt to destroy the Wraith in “Triumph One Eternal, Christmas Eve”?
(a) She tries to blow it up.
(b) She tries to dismantle the engine.
(c) She tries to remove the tires.
(d) She tries to drive it off a cliff.
7. When Bing Partridge asks Mr. de Zoet about Victoria McQueen in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012," Mr. de Zoet imagines Vic as she was at what age?
8. The reader discovers in "Search Engine, July 6-7" that the Gasmask Man is actually what character?
(a) Wayne Carmody.
(b) Bing Partridge.
(c) Lou Carmody.
(d) Hank Tulowitzki.
9. When was Maggie Leigh arrested and charged with squatting and possession of heroin, according to the articles Wayne reads in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
10. Where does Bing Partridge read an article about the deterioration of Charlie Manx’s health in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
(b) The New York Times.
11. What is the name of the girlfriend Lou dated that stole his identity and ran off to California with her other boyfriend in "Bad Mother, December 16, 2011-July 6, 2012"?
12. Where does Maggie flee to across the Shorter Way Bridge after running from the cops after Maggie’s death in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
(a) The Supermax prison infirmary.
(b) The Sleigh House.
(c) Her father’s house.
13. What color hair does Charlie Manx say his first wife had in "Christmasland, July 7-9"?
14. What book series does the narrator say Lou and his girlfriend talk about mostly on her visits during lunch in “Come All Ye Faithful, October”?
(a) Breaking Bad.
(b) Game of Thrones.
(d) The Price is Right.
15. In the conclusion of the novel when does it denote the work was begun?
(a) September 11, 2001.
(b) July 4, 2009.
(c) June 16, 2005.
(d) March 12, 2010.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is printed on the baseball cap that Bing wears when he exits his house to leave for Christmasland in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
2. Where does the narrator say Vic graduated from high school in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
3. Who does Wayne call on his iPhone from the back of the Rolls-Royce in "Search Engine, July 6-7"?
4. When the police trace Wayne’s iPhone in "Search Engine, July 6-7," the image shows him riding down what road?
5. Who is the Denver neurosurgeon that is quoted in the article that Bing reads about Charlie Manx’s illness in "Interlude: The Spirit of Ecstasy, 2000-2012"?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)