|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nurse Thornton’s first name in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
2. How frequently does Charlie Manx tell Bing Partridge that he takes someone to Christmasland in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every ten years.
(c) Twice a year.
(d) Once a year.
3. After storming out of her house in "Disappearances, 1991-1996," Vic ends up falling asleep below a bridge under what highway?
(a) Highway 299.
(b) Highway 564.
(c) Highway 495.
(d) Highway 101.
4. Where does Vic tell her parents she found her mother’s lost item after she returns home from the Shorter Way Bridge in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) Between the car seats.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In her school locker.
5. How old is Rory McCombers when he is abducted in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
6. When Vic comes home to find her mother crying in "Disappearances, 1991-1996," her mother says that the girl Vic’s father has been sleeping with is how old?
7. What term does Maggie use to describe Vic’s bridge and her travel tiles in "The Librarian, 1991"?
8. What is Marta Gregorski a prodigy at, according to the narrator in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
9. What kind of stuffed animal does Vic travel across the Shorter Way Bridge to find for her best friend in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bear.
(d) A penguin.
10. What is the nickname that Vic McQueen is called by her father in the novel?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Wonderkid.
(c) The Brat.
11. What are the woods called around Vic’s home in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) The Pittman Street Woods.
(b) The Walnut Street Woods.
(c) The Evergreen Woods.
(d) The Christmasland Woods.
12. How many feet long is the Shorter Way Bridge said to be in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
13. What license plate is on the black Rolls-Royce that Vic finds in the garage in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
14. Where does Vic find the photograph that she goes in search of in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) In her school locker.
(b) Between the car seats.
(c) In a library book.
(d) Under a mound at a cemetery.
15. What kind of car does Charlie Manx drive when he travels to kidnap children?
(a) A BMW station wagon.
(b) A Rolls-Royce Wraith.
(c) A Ford Model-T.
(d) A Chevrolet Corvette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the necklace made of that Maggie wears in "The Librarian, 1991"?
2. Where does Vic find herself when she crosses the Shorter Way Bridge to look for the photograph in "The Librarian, 1991"?
3. “Spicy Menace” is described as what literary genre in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
4. How is Vic McQueen’s bike described in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
5. What is cooking in the oven in Charlie Manx’s kitchen when Vic flees there in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)