|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How frequently does Charlie Manx tell Bing Partridge that he takes someone to Christmasland in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Twice a year.
(d) Once every ten years.
2. What kind of car does Charlie Manx drive when he travels to kidnap children?
(a) A Ford Model-T.
(b) A BMW station wagon.
(c) A Rolls-Royce Wraith.
(d) A Chevrolet Corvette.
3. When Vic comes home to find her mother crying in "Disappearances, 1991-1996," her mother says that the girl Vic’s father has been sleeping with is how old?
4. What is Marta Gregorski a prodigy at, according to the narrator in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
5. When Vic first sees Charlie Manx outside the house in "Sleigh House, 1996," he is staring at her bridge and has his hands on what?
(a) The wheel of the Rolls-Royce.
(b) A gun.
(c) The little boy’s head.
(d) The handlebar of her bike.
6. What is the name of Steve Conlon’s daughter that goes missing in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
7. "The Librarian, 1991" opens with what setting described?
(a) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(b) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(c) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(d) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
8. How old is Louis Carmody described as in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
9. What recreational drug has Vic recently ingested in the opening of "Sleigh House, 1996"?
10. How old is the little boy in the photograph that Vic is searching for in "The Librarian, 1991"?
11. What is the name of Vic’s best friend in childhood in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
12. What is the name of Jeff Haddon’s Springer spaniel that he takes for a walk in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
13. From what narrative perspective is NOS4A2 related?
(a) Second person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
14. What is the name of the soldier at the country store who goes out to prevent Charles Manx from escaping before the police arrive in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
(a) Alan Warner.
(b) Tom Priest.
(c) Sam Cleary.
(d) Roger Sillman.
15. How old is Rory McCombers when he is abducted in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the glimmering objects that Vic sees in the trees surrounding the white house in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
2. How are the little boy’s teeth described when he turns to Vic inside the Rolls-Royce in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
3. What are the woods called around Vic’s home in "The Librarian, 1991"?
4. The black-and-white photograph that Vic goes in search of in "The Librarian, 1991" shows a little boy and a woman. Who is the little boy?
5. When Vic escapes Charlie Manx’s home in "Sleigh House, 1996," she runs and hails down a driver on the road who is driving what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)