|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vic tell her parents she found her mother’s lost item after she returns home from the Shorter Way Bridge in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In her school locker.
(d) Between the car seats.
2. What object did Bing Partridge use to kill his father?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A nail gun.
(d) A shovel.
3. Where does Vic’s father live during her senior year of high school in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
(c) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(d) Durham, New Hampshire.
4. Of the white house that Vic finds on “The Other End of the Bridge,” the narrator says, “It was an awful place, and her first thought was that when the police searched it, they would find” what?
(a) “Stuffed bodies in the living room.”
(b) “Guns hidden in every corner.”
(c) “Bodies buried in the backyard.”
(d) “Dead animals hidden in the attic.”
5. What is the little boy wearing in the photograph that Vic is looking for in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) A pinstripe suit.
(b) A Santa Claus beard.
(c) A Batman mask.
(d) A ten-gallon hat.
6. What is the name of the family that lives across the street from Vic’s family in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) The de Zoets.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Rosses.
(d) The Vanderbilts.
7. How many years old is the Shorter Way Bridge said to be in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
8. When Vic first sees Charlie Manx outside the house in "Sleigh House, 1996," he is staring at her bridge and has his hands on what?
(a) The little boy’s head.
(b) A gun.
(c) The wheel of the Rolls-Royce.
(d) The handlebar of her bike.
9. From what narrative perspective is NOS4A2 related?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
10. What items does Bing recall his father giving to him for Christmas from his Korean War days in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) A bicycle and a baseball mitt.
(b) A jacket and a ring.
(c) A watch and a blanket.
(d) A gas mask and helmet.
11. What is the name of the driver that is supposed to pick up Marta Gregorski and her mother but never shows in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
(a) Bing Partridge.
(b) Roger Sillman.
(c) Tommy Priest.
(d) Nathan Demeter.
12. What license plate is on the black Rolls-Royce that Vic finds in the garage in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
13. What phrase is spelled out with Maggie’s Scrabble tiles in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) “Come to Christmasland.”
(b) “The Brat could find the Wraith.”
(c) “The earrings are in the car pocket.”
(d) “Watch out for the Candyman.”
14. Where are Maggie and the library located in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(b) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(c) Here, Iowa.
(d) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
15. For how many years has Bing Partridge worked for his current employer, according to his letter in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 27 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he introduces himself to Bing Partridge in "Spicy Menace, 1990," Charlie Manx describes himself as the CEO of what company?
2. For how long has Nurse Thornton worked at the Supermax prison infirmary in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
3. Where does Vic find the photograph that she goes in search of in "The Librarian, 1991"?
4. How are the little boy’s teeth described when he turns to Vic inside the Rolls-Royce in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
5. What drug is being used by Charlie Manx and Bing Partridge in the abductions of children in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)