|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vic escapes Charlie Manx’s home in "Sleigh House, 1996," she runs and hails down a driver on the road who is driving what?
(a) A Rolls-Royce Wraith.
(b) A Triumph motorcycle.
(c) A Harley motorcycle.
(d) A Chevrolet Corvette.
2. What recreational drug has Vic recently ingested in the opening of "Sleigh House, 1996"?
3. How old is Rory McCombers when he is abducted in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
4. Where does Vic run to escape from Charlie Manx in the kitchen in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
(a) The refrigerator.
(b) The basement.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The pantry.
5. What items does Bing recall his father giving to him for Christmas from his Korean War days in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
(a) A jacket and a ring.
(b) A bicycle and a baseball mitt.
(c) A watch and a blanket.
(d) A gas mask and helmet.
6. What is on the license plate of the black Rolls-Royce that Bing sees following him in "Spicy Menace, 1990"?
7. What is the name of Vic’s best friend in childhood in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
8. "The Librarian, 1991" opens with what setting described?
(a) Sugarcreek, Pennsylvania.
(b) Haverhill, Massachusetts.
(c) Gunbarrel, Colorado.
(d) Brandenburg, Kentucky.
9. How old is Nancy Lee Martin’s daughter that goes missing in "Disappearances, 1991-1996"?
10. When Vic first sees Charlie Manx outside the house in "Sleigh House, 1996," he is staring at her bridge and has his hands on what?
(a) The wheel of the Rolls-Royce.
(b) The little boy’s head.
(c) The handlebar of her bike.
(d) A gun.
11. What is the name of the café that Vic McQueen finds herself at when she first crosses the Shorter Way Bridge in "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) Terry’s Primo Subs.
(b) Pete’s Corner Bistro.
(c) Roger’s Sandwich Factory.
(d) Buster’s Big Eats.
12. What is Nurse Thornton’s first name in "Season's Greetings, December 2008"?
13. In "Disappearances, 1991-1996," the narrator describes Marta Gregorski as being an immigrant from where?
14. What has Vic McQueen’s mother lost in the beginning of "Shorter Way, 1986-1989"?
(a) A watch.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A bracelet.
15. Where does Vic find the photograph that she goes in search of in "The Librarian, 1991"?
(a) Between the car seats.
(b) Under a mound at a cemetery.
(c) In her school locker.
(d) In a library book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem that Maggie gives to Vic in "The Librarian, 1991"?
2. What are the glimmering objects that Vic sees in the trees surrounding the white house in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
3. Who is burned to death after being doused with gasoline in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
4. Who does Maggie say lets her get away with sleeping in the library from time to time in "The Librarian, 1991"?
5. What is extraordinary about the little boy’s breath in the car in "Sleigh House, 1996"?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)