|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Toru turn for advice on his relationships with Naoko and Midori?
2. About which composer is Itoh especially knowledgeable?
3. What did Reiko ask her husband for when she woke up after attempting suicide?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A baby.
(d) To move to Australia.
4. What kind of store does someone want to open in what is the Kobayashi Bookstore?
5. Why is Midori's father in the hospital?
(a) He had a stroke.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He has a brain tumor.
(d) He had a kidney transplant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird does Naoko joke she wouldn't mind freezing?
2. What part-time job does Toru take after classes start again?
3. How does Toru tell Hatsumi that Kizuki died?
4. What kind of calendar hangs over Midori's desk?
5. What kind of club did Midori join when she entered university?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Reiko's marriage?
2. What is Toru's explanation about the importance of the subjunctive tense?
3. What purpose does Toru discover for the flag?
4. What is Reiko's advice for Toru regarding Midori?
5. Describe Naoko's sister.
6. How does Toru get Midori's father to eat?
7. What have Midori and her sister decided to do with the bookstore?
8. What kind of student was the young girl Reiko taught?
9. What does Toru learn about Naoko from Reiko's letters?
10. What is Toru's answer to Hatsumi's question of why he sleeps with random girls when he doesn't find much pleasure in it?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)