|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reiko go to pick up at Oka's?
(b) A book.
2. What does Toru dream of his first night in the girls' apartment?
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Kizuki's motorcycle.
3. What day of the week does Midori finally call Toru?
4. What object does Toru tell Naoko triggered memories of Kizumi at the pool hall?
(a) The Pepsi machine.
(b) The jukebox.
(c) The pool cues.
(d) The feel of the felt.
5. How long has it been since Toru played pool?
(a) Two years and five months.
(b) One year and eleven months.
(c) Three years and two months.
(d) Two years and ten months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the gatekeeper at Ami Hostel tell Toru was really good in Tokyo?
2. What is Reiko most worried about while she is with the piano student on the bed?
3. What cocktail is Midori drinking when Toru arrives at DUG?
4. Where do Midori and Toru have lunch the day she decides to talk to him again?
5. How long did Reiko teach the young girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Toru's answer to Hatsumi's question of why he sleeps with random girls when he doesn't find much pleasure in it?
2. What happens the first time Toru sees Nagasawa after the celebration dinner?
3. What happened to precipitate Reiko's first mental breakdown?
4. What does Toru usually do on Sundays?
5. What happens in the middle of the night the first night Toru is in the women's apartment that is unusual?
6. Describe Naoko's sister.
7. What is Toru's opinion about Nagasawa and Hatsumi's relationship?
8. How does Midori describe her father's funeral?
9. What is Naoko and Reiko's first morning job?
10. How does Toru's second visit to the Ami Hostel go?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)