|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru say was Nagasawa's greatest virtue?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His generosity.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His intelligence.
2. What did Storm Trooper give Toru at the end of July?
(a) A radio.
(c) A firefly.
3. How old did Naoko turn on her birthday in April, 1969?
4. How long did Toru live in a dormitory?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
5. What does Toru think about after Reiko leaves him in the apartment?
(a) The fire he watched with Midori.
(b) The firefly Storm Trooper gave him.
(c) The night he made love with Naoko.
(d) A motorcycle trip he took with Kizuki.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in Area C?
2. What gesture does Naoko make that stops Toru's heart for a moment?
3. What snack did Toru and Naoko have after their long walk?
4. What does Reiko teach?
5. What could Toru hear in the distance while he and Naoko were in the meadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator, Toru, say that memory is such a funny thing as he describes the scene he remembers from the meadow?
2. How did Ami Hostel come into existence?
3. Why is Naoko's roommate referred to as "Dr. Ishida"?
4. How was Toru's dorm room different from most of the others?
5. How did Toru and Naoko celebrate her twentieth birthday?
6. Why does Naoko say it would be wrong for her to stay with Toru all the time?
7. Describe the day Kizuki died.
8. What does Nagasawa tell Toru are his reasons for wanting to join the Foreign Ministry?
9. How does Toru spend the summer break?
10. How does Naoko describe her basketball team?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)