|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Storm Trooper give Toru at the end of July?
(b) A firefly.
(c) A radio.
2. How many letters did Toru send to Naoko?
3. What did Toru drink as he read the letter for the third time?
4. What exam does Toru have coming up later in the week?
(b) History of Drama.
(d) Shakespeare in Performance.
5. At what station did Toru and Naoko get off the train together?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Toru go to college?
2. Why was Toru on the train the day he ran into Naoko?
3. In what sport was Naoko involved in junior high?
4. What do Midori and Toru watch from the roof of her house?
5. What Beatles song has Naoko agreed to pay Reiko for when she requests it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nagasawa.
2. Why is Naoko's roommate referred to as "Dr. Ishida"?
3. How did Storm Trooper affect Toru and Naoko's plans in January 1969?
4. How do Toru's living arrangements change after summer break?
5. What does Toru assume about the name of Ami Hostel?
6. How does Toru spend the summer break?
7. What was the morning ceremony at the dormitory where Toru lived as a college student?
8. Why does the narrator, Toru, say that memory is such a funny thing as he describes the scene he remembers from the meadow?
9. Why does Naoko say it would be wrong for her to stay with Toru all the time?
10. What was the "field well"?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)