|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru say was Nagasawa's greatest virtue?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His generosity.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His intelligence.
2. What does Naoko say would be "wrong"?
(a) For two people who don't love one another to get married.
(b) For them to keep any secrets from one another.
(c) For a person to make a promise s/he cannot keep.
(d) For one person to watch over another forever.
3. What movie does Toru go to see by himself?
(a) "Easy Rider."
(b) "The Graduate."
(c) "2001: A Space Odyssey."
(d) "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."
4. What is the first thing Dr. Ishida asks Toru about?
(a) Playing a musical instrument.
(b) If he takes any drugs.
(c) How long it's been since he's seen Naoko.
(d) How his journey was.
5. What classical musician's compositions does Reiko practice on her guitar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What snack did Toru and Naoko have after their long walk?
2. What happened on campus in May?
3. What did Toru's roommate do first thing in the morning that disturbed him?
4. Who sings the title song, "Norwegian Wood"?
5. What picture hung on the wall in Toru's dorm room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Naoko and Toru spend their afternoon together after meeting on the train?
2. What causes the narrator to feel dizzy in the opening scene of the novel?
3. How did Toru and Naoko celebrate her twentieth birthday?
4. How did Storm Trooper affect Toru and Naoko's plans in January 1969?
5. Why does Naoko get angry at Toru in the meadow?
6. How did Toru become friends with Nagasawa?
7. How did Ami Hostel come into existence?
8. Why is Toru writing this book?
9. How did Toru feel about joining Nagasawa's womanizing expeditions?
10. How was Toru's dorm room different from most of the others?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)