|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Toru's favorite book?
(a) "Slaughterhouse Five."
(b) "The Great Gatsby."
(c) "In Cold Blood."
(d) "The Sun Also Rises."
2. On what day of the week did Naoko and Toru have their "dates"?
3. Who lives in Area C?
(a) Patients' families.
(b) Male patients.
(c) Women patients.
(d) Doctors and their families.
4. What sort-of-forbidden treat do Reiko and Naoko share with Toru?
(c) White wine.
5. Into what city is the narrator's plane flying at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Miami, Florida, U.S.
(b) Melbourne, Australia.
(c) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(d) Hamburg, Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Toru live in a dormitory?
2. What has changed about Midori's appearance to make Toru not recognize her immediately?
3. What was Toru's roommate's nickname?
4. How many patients are at Ami Hostel?
5. What shape is Naoko's barrette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Midori's job?
2. How did Toru first meet Naoko?
3. How does Toru spend the summer break?
4. What sorts of things do Naoko and her fellow patients do for entertainment at the hostel?
5. How did Naoko and Toru spend their afternoon together after meeting on the train?
6. How does the dining hall at Ami Hostel compare to the dining hall at Toru's dormitory?
7. Why does Naoko get angry at Toru in the meadow?
8. How did Storm Trooper affect Toru and Naoko's plans in January 1969?
9. How did Ami Hostel come into existence?
10. What causes the narrator to feel dizzy in the opening scene of the novel?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)