|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the novel Toru reads while Midori is sleeping?
(a) "The Magic Mountain."
(b) "Catcher in the Rye."
(c) "The Great Gatsby."
(d) "Beneath the Wheel."
2. Who taught Hatsumi to play pool?
(a) Her grandfather.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her first boyfriend.
3. What kind of nuts do Midori and Toru eat at DUG?
4. What does Toru order for dinner at the French restaurant?
(b) Sea bass.
(d) Filet mignon.
5. To whom does Toru turn for advice on his relationships with Naoko and Midori?
6. How many times was Reiko hospitalized before coming to Ami Hotel?
7. What does Reiko go to pick up at Oka's?
(a) A book.
8. What does Toru wish all girls would wear during their periods?
(a) A red brooch on their clothing.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A red bracelet.
(d) Red shoes.
9. Where do Midori and Toru go to get warm and dry that afternoon?
(a) The restaurant where they met.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The bar, DUG.
10. To what does Midori compare life?
(a) A marathon.
(b) The weather.
(c) The seashore.
(d) A box of cookies.
11. What kind of club did Midori join when she entered university?
(a) Folk music.
(b) Environmental awareness.
(c) Women's rights.
12. What kind of pizza do Midori and Toru have?
(a) Extra cheese.
(c) Pepper and mushroom.
13. What is the name of the old dog Toru, Reiko, and Naoko meet on their hike?
14. What did Toru and Itoh drink at Itoh's apartment?
(b) Chivas Regal.
15. How does Toru tell Hatsumi that Kizuki died?
(a) House fire.
(b) Traffic accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Toru, years later, when he is reminded of Hatsumi?
2. On what does Toru cut his hand at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What did the gatekeeper at Ami Hostel tell Toru was really good in Tokyo?
4. The day Reiko's students felt sick, what did she ask Reiko for?
5. What does Toru give Midori's father that he eats all of?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)