|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hatsumi?
(a) Storm Trooper's sister.
(b) Naoko's roommate.
(c) Nagasawa's girlfriend.
(d) Nagasawa's study partner.
2. What does Reiko think Naoko is doing while she is showing Toru around the compound?
(a) Working on new paint and wallpaper.
(b) Gathering wild mushrooms.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) In a group therapy session.
3. What cleaning habit of Toru's roommate's actually bothered him?
(a) Airing the mattresses.
(b) Laundering the curtains.
(c) Spraying bugs with insecticide.
(d) Cleaning the windows.
4. What shape is Naoko's barrette?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A star.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A flower.
5. How many letters did Toru send to Naoko?
6. What month was it when Toru and Naoko were in the meadow?
7. How did Midori learn to cook?
(a) From her grandmother.
(b) From a cookbook.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From a television show.
8. What could Toru hear in the distance while he and Naoko were in the meadow?
(a) Cars on a highway.
(b) Cows mooing.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) Church bells.
9. When Toru tries to call Midori, where is he told she probably is?
(a) On a date.
(b) At school.
(c) At the fish store.
(d) At the hospital.
10. What other living thing did Toru and Naoko see that day in the meadow?
(a) A dog running across a field.
(b) An old farmer and his wife.
(c) Bright red birds.
(d) Horses grazing.
11. In what sport was Naoko involved in junior high?
(b) Long-distance running.
12. Where did Toru get a second job?
(a) A trucking company.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A construction company.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
13. How old did Naoko turn on her birthday in April, 1969?
14. What did Toru get Naoko for Christmas in 1968?
(b) A Henry Mancini record.
15. What does Toru say was Nagasawa's greatest virtue?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His generosity.
(d) His kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does Toru go to see by himself?
2. What book was Toru reading the night he went to the movies alone?
3. In Chapter 5, where does Toru sit to read Naoko's letter?
4. Which of these sports does Naoko play with other patients and staff?
5. Which of these was not one of Nagasawa's favorite authors?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)