|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it when Toru and Naoko were in the meadow?
2. What sort-of-forbidden treat do Reiko and Naoko share with Toru?
(b) White wine.
3. What did Naoko give Toru for Christmas in 1968?
(a) A hat.
(b) Handmade gloves.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) A Beatles record.
4. What was an N-360?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A street drug.
5. What does Nagasawa tell Toru is his "standard of action"?
(a) To never owe anyone anything.
(b) To be a gentleman.
(c) To be honest.
(d) To make as much money as possible.
6. What did Toru take to Naoko for her birthday?
(d) A cake.
7. What classical musician's compositions does Reiko practice on her guitar?
8. What do Midori and Toru watch from the roof of her house?
(a) A fire.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) A parade.
9. In Chapter 5, where does Toru sit to read Naoko's letter?
(a) On the bed.
(b) On the roof.
(c) At his desk.
(d) On the floor.
10. What snack did Toru and Naoko have after their long walk?
(b) Fresh fruit.
11. How long has Naoko been at Ami Hostel?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four months.
12. What was Naoko talking about in the meadow?
(a) A whirlpool well.
(b) A meadow well.
(c) A wishing well.
(d) A field well.
13. What was the nickname of the man in charge of raising the flag at the dormitory?
(a) Sir Nakano.
(b) Storm Trooper.
(c) Mr. Flag.
14. What was Nagasawa's major?
(b) Legal studies.
(c) Japanese literature.
15. Where does Midori say her father is?
(b) At the movies.
(c) The United States.
(d) At the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Toru's major?
2. What could Toru hear in the distance while he and Naoko were in the meadow?
3. What has changed about Midori's appearance to make Toru not recognize her immediately?
4. How did Midori learn to cook?
5. What did Toru get Naoko for Christmas in 1968?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)