|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Kizuki and Toru play the day Kizuki died?
2. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
3. What was the nickname of the man in charge of raising the flag at the dormitory?
(a) Storm Trooper.
(b) Mr. Flag.
(c) Sir Nakano.
4. What classical musician's compositions does Reiko practice on her guitar?
5. In what sport was Naoko involved in junior high?
(a) Long-distance running.
6. In Chapter 5, where does Toru sit to read Naoko's letter?
(a) On the bed.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the roof.
(d) At his desk.
7. When Toru tries to call Midori, where is he told she probably is?
(a) On a date.
(b) At the fish store.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At school.
8. What was an N-360?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A street drug.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A car.
9. How did Midori learn to cook?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From a cookbook.
(c) From her grandmother.
(d) From a television show.
10. Why is Toru sad at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Naoko never loved him.
(b) Naoko is dead.
(c) He misses Naoko.
(d) He has just heard that a friend of his is very ill.
11. What does "Midori" mean?
(d) "Peach girl."
12. Into what city is the narrator's plane flying at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Hamburg, Germany.
(b) Melbourne, Australia.
(c) Miami, Florida, U.S.
(d) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
13. What does Reiko teach?
14. What was Toru's roommate's major?
15. What word does Naoko call "a man's word"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes a crunching noise under Naoko and Toru's feet?
2. Which of these was not one of Nagasawa's favorite authors?
3. What was Toru's major?
4. What is waiting for Toru at his dorm?
5. How much weight has Naoko gained?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)