|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes a crunching noise under Naoko and Toru's feet?
(a) Dead cicadas.
(c) Fallen leaves.
2. What does Naoko say would be "wrong"?
(a) For them to keep any secrets from one another.
(b) For a person to make a promise s/he cannot keep.
(c) For one person to watch over another forever.
(d) For two people who don't love one another to get married.
3. What did Toru's roommate do first thing in the morning that disturbed him?
(a) Sang along to the national anthem.
(b) Cooked ramen noodles in the room.
(d) Radio Calisthenics.
4. What cleaning habit of Toru's roommate's actually bothered him?
(a) Laundering the curtains.
(b) Spraying bugs with insecticide.
(c) Airing the mattresses.
(d) Cleaning the windows.
5. Why is Toru sad at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He has just heard that a friend of his is very ill.
(b) He misses Naoko.
(c) Naoko never loved him.
(d) Naoko is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru say that angers Naoko?
2. What did Naoko and Toru routinely do on their weekly "dates"?
3. What famous author's opinion on gambling does Nagasawa quote to Toru?
4. What did Toru get Naoko for Christmas in 1968?
5. What month was it when Toru and Naoko were in the meadow?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)