1. Into what city is the narrator's plane flying at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Miami, Florida, U.S.
(b) Melbourne, Australia.
(c) Hamburg, Germany.
(d) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2. Who sings the title song, "Norwegian Wood"?
(a) Billy Joel.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) Elton John.
3. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
4. Whose song comes on the plane's speakers after "Norwegian Wood"?
(a) The Beatles'.
(b) Billy Joel's.
(c) Elton John's.
(d) The Rolling Stones'.
5. How many years have passed since the day in the meadow?
6. What month was it when Toru and Naoko were in the meadow?
7. What could Toru hear in the distance while he and Naoko were in the meadow?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) Church bells.
(c) Cars on a highway.
(d) Cows mooing.
8. What other living thing did Toru and Naoko see that day in the meadow?
(a) Horses grazing.
(b) An old farmer and his wife.
(c) A dog running across a field.
(d) Bright red birds.
This section contains 3,611 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)