Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
4. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
5. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the friendship Catherine had with Isabella and the friendship Catherine had with Eleanor. Who was a better friend to Catherine? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writing style Austen uses in "Northanger Abbey".
Essay Topic 3
Research the social manners of the time period and determine whether these social manners played a role in Catherine's interaction with Henry during her stay in Bath.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)