Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
4. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
5. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
Essay Topic 1
"Northanger Abbey" can easily be seen as a coming-of-age story. Catherine is introduced as a young lady of seventeen, and the novel concludes with a more mature and experienced protagonist. Discuss how "Northanger Abbey" is a coming-of-age story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the two men who pursue the young protagonist; Henry Tilney and John Thorpe.
Essay Topic 3
Research the social manners of the time period and determine whether these social manners played a role in Catherine's interaction with Henry during her stay in Bath.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)