|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do General Tilney's children act in his presence?
2. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
3. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
4. How does General Tilney make Catherine feel uncomfortable?
5. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the friendship Catherine had with Isabella and the friendship Catherine had with Eleanor. Who was a better friend to Catherine? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Research the social manners of the time period and determine whether these social manners played a role in Catherine's interaction with Henry during her stay in Bath.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Northanger Abbey and what it symbolizes for the protagonist.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)