Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
4. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
5. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
Essay Topic 1
The English class system of the early 19th Century is a prominent theme of "Northanger Abbey". The characters of the story must follow the social rules, and doing so often leads to obstacles, misunderstandings and separation. Discuss the effects that the social rules of the high class had on the central characters of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Research the Austen canon. According to literary critics, how does "Northanger Abbey" compare to Austen's other works in terms of writing style, tone and plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Northanger Abbey and what it symbolizes for the protagonist.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)