|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
4. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
5. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
Essay Topic 1
Love and romance are a major theme of the story.
Discuss the pairings of the following couples, the issues they faced, and whether they had a "happy ending".
a) Henry and Catherine
b) John and Catherine
c) Isabella and James
d) Isabella and Captain Tilney
e) Eleanor and her secret lover
Essay Topic 2
What significance do carriages have in the novel "Northanger Abbey"?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of money and wealth in early 19th Century high society, and how does money and wealth affect the protagonist and her relationship with Henry?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)