|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
2. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Isabella's letter to Catherine say about Captain Tilney?
4. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
5. How far is Northanger Abbey from Bath?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Northanger Abbey and what it symbolizes for the protagonist.
Essay Topic 2
Is Catherine a relatable heroine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
One of Catherine's favorite things to do is reading Gothic novels. She seizes every opportunity to talk about Gothic novels with those she meets, and, as Gothic novels were quite popular during this time, her companion(s) often had an opinion of their own to share with Catherine. Research the Gothic novel and discuss its prominence in early 19th Century England.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)