|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) Small pox.
(b) A bilious fever.
(d) A broken heart.
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
(a) Just under a month.
(b) Two months.
(c) At least another month.
(d) A fortnight.
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(b) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
(c) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
(d) "Let us Marry One and All".
4. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
(b) Stormy and windy.
(c) Cold and breezy.
5. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One week.
(d) A month or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
2. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
3. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
4. What collection of documents does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
5. What did Catherine see in front of the Tilney pew at church?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)