|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
(b) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
(c) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
(d) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
2. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
(a) Captain Tilney's marriage to Isabella.
(b) A day trip to Bath.
(c) Henry's marriage to Catherine.
(d) Dinner outdoors.
3. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
(a) Tell Eleanor that Mrs. Allen needs assistance.
(b) Pretend to be sick.
(c) Pretend that there are family matters to attend to.
(d) Say she had a previous engagement.
4. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
(a) General Tilney.
(b) Henry Tilney.
(c) Numerous men.
(d) Captain Tilney.
5. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(c) Northanger Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Catherine after her first night at Northanger Abbey?
2. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
3. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
4. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
5. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Mrs. Tilney's death?
2. What about her dinner with the Tilneys caused Catherine disappointment?
3. Why does Catherine become troubled when Henry and Eleanor speak of Isabella's financial situation?
4. Why do Henry and Isabella doubt that General Tilney will allow a marriage between Captain Tilney and Isabella?
5. Why doesn't Catherine like historical books?
6. How does General Tilney treat Catherine on their first meeting?
7. How does Northanger Abbey fail to meet Catherine's expectations?
8. What convinces Henry of Catherine's good nature?
9. What does General Tilney do to Catherine in Chapter 28 that is considered very rude?
10. Describe the room that Catherine stays in at Northanger Abbey.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)