|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) At the Allens' residence.
(b) The pump-room.
(c) In a shop.
(d) Along the river's edge.
2. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
(a) Do an inventory of her dresses.
(b) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(c) Pack her belongings.
(d) Write a letter to her parents.
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Between two and three years.
(b) At least a year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
4. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
(a) Her reputation is not as it should be.
(b) Her fortune is small.
(c) The Morlands are strict.
(d) James is arranged to marry another.
5. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
(a) General Tilney repeatedly refers to Catherine as family.
(b) His constant attention and kindness.
(c) His fondness of gift-giving.
(d) His opinion that Catherine would make a wonderful wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
2. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
3. What does Catherine decide to tell James of the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
4. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
5. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)