|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
2. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
3. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Northanger Abbey.
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. How does Catherine interpret the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
(a) As insincere and mean-spirited.
(b) As grasping and self-serving.
(c) As sincere and apologetic.
(d) As pathetic and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and Henry discuss on the walk?
2. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
3. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
4. Why does Catherine become troubled when Henry and Eleanor begin to talk of Isabella and finances?
5. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)