|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella beg Catherine to do in her letter in Chapter 26?
(a) To praise her in front of the General.
(b) To intervene with James.
(c) To burn the letter after reading it.
(d) To apologize to James on her behalf.
2. In Chapter 26, what does Isabella's letter to Catherine say about Captain Tilney?
(a) Captain Tilney is a cheat.
(b) Captain Tilney is a scoundrel.
(c) Captain Tilney is a gentleman.
(d) Captain Tilney is a saint.
3. What collection of documents does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
(a) Old love letters.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) Old domestic bills.
(d) An old manuscript.
4. What wakes Catherine after her first night at Northanger Abbey?
(a) General Tilney yelling at a servant.
(b) The housemaid opening her window shutters.
(c) A bird in the window.
(d) Eleanor knocking at the door.
5. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
2. How does Catherine interpret the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
3. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
4. How does General Tilney make Catherine feel uncomfortable?
5. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)