|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
2. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
(a) Captain Tilney's marriage to Isabella.
(b) A day trip to Bath.
(c) Dinner outdoors.
(d) Henry's marriage to Catherine.
3. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
(b) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
(c) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
(d) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
4. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
(d) A business trip.
5. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
(a) His constant attention and kindness.
(b) His fondness of gift-giving.
(c) His opinion that Catherine would make a wonderful wife.
(d) General Tilney repeatedly refers to Catherine as family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella beg Catherine to do in her letter in Chapter 26?
2. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
3. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
4. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mrs. Allen not happy at the news of James' engagement and return to Fullerton?
2. What does Catherine make of the growing attachment between Isabella and Captain Tilney?
3. What does Catherine learn about Northanger Abbey?
4. What about her dinner with the Tilneys caused Catherine disappointment?
5. How does Northanger Abbey fail to meet Catherine's expectations?
6. Why does Catherine decide to visit Mrs. Tilney's chambers alone?
7. Why does Catherine become troubled when Henry and Eleanor speak of Isabella's financial situation?
8. Upon touring the interior of the Abbey, what is Catherine's opinion of the formal drawing-room?
9. What tactic does Isabella use in order to convince Catherine to go on the trip to Clifton?
10. What were the circumstances of Mrs. Tilney's death?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)