|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
(a) A novel she has not yet read.
(b) An old love letter.
(c) A lock of hair.
(d) A large chest.
2. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
(a) A business trip.
3. Where does General Tilney suggest the group visit while staying at Northanger Abbey?
(b) A nearby castle.
4. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
(a) To marry for money.
(b) To never marry.
(c) To marry without fortune.
(d) To never be loved.
5. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A note from Isabella.
(b) A letter from Mrs. Morland.
(c) A letter from Henry.
(d) A letter from Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
2. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
3. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
4. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
5. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)