|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
(a) That General Tilney will seek revenge.
(b) That Henry is lying.
(c) That Eleanor will avoid her.
(d) That Henry must despise her.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) In a shop.
(b) The pump-room.
(c) At the Allens' residence.
(d) Along the river's edge.
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) At least a year.
(d) Between two and three years.
4. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(b) Ancient edifices.
5. What does Isabella say will be impossible at the evening festivities?
(a) For her to drink.
(b) For her to arrive on time.
(c) For her to socialize.
(d) For her to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine become troubled when Henry and Eleanor begin to talk of Isabella and finances?
2. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
4. What time of day does Catherine leave Northanger Abbey?
5. Where does General Tilney suggest the group visit while staying at Northanger Abbey?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)