|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(d) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
(a) Catherine should wear white.
(b) Catherine should go with Isabella.
(c) Catherine should smile brightly.
(d) Catherine should take a gift.
4. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Riding horses.
(c) Writing letters.
5. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
3. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
4. Who taught Catherine French?
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Catherine's conversation with Eleanor in the pump-room?
2. Why does Catherine tell Henry that she cannot dance with him?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader about Catherine's character at the start of Chapter 2?
4. What misunderstanding does John apparently have of the Morland family?
5. How is the character of Mrs. Allen described in Chapter 9?
6. Describe Catherine's family.
7. Who does Catherine meet in Chapter 3?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what is Catherine's main concern and why?
9. Why is Catherine mortified following her visit to the Tilney home?
10. Does Mr. Tilney feel that women are better at writing than men?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)