|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he spots Catherine at the theatre?
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(b) Catherine waves to them.
(c) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
(d) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
4. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
(b) Her brother.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Mr. Allen.
5. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A feather.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A pin.
(d) A stray thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
2. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
3. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
5. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Catherine invited to Bath with the Allens?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what is Catherine's main concern and why?
3. Who do Catherine and Isabella meet on the streets at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. Why does Catherine tell Henry that she cannot dance with him?
5. How does John treat Catherine at the dance?
6. Why does Catherine leave the dance early?
7. How did Catherine's family act on the day of her departure?
8. What information does Mrs. Allen give Catherine about Henry's mother?
9. What comment does Austen make about fashion?
10. What is puzzling to Catherine about her conversation with John Thorpe on the topic of the carriage her brother drives?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)