|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mr. Morland.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Her math tutor.
(d) Mrs. Morland.
2. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Carriage Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Cheap Street.
(d) Victoria Street.
3. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His conversational skills.
(c) His dancing skills.
(d) His riding skills.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(d) The master of the ceremonies.
5. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Skinners.
(b) The Brightons.
(c) The Drews.
(d) The Pattersons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
2. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
3. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
4. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
5. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is puzzling to Catherine about her conversation with John Thorpe on the topic of the carriage her brother drives?
2. Upon touring the interior of the Abbey, what is Catherine's opinion of the formal drawing-room?
3. What tactic does Isabella use in order to convince Catherine to go on the trip to Clifton?
4. What are Catherine's feelings as she climbs into the carriage for the trip to Bristol?
5. How does General Tilney treat Catherine on their first meeting?
6. Why do Henry and Isabella doubt that General Tilney will allow a marriage between Captain Tilney and Isabella?
7. Who does Catherine meet in Chapter 3?
8. Why does the General decide to accept a marriage between Henry and Catherine?
9. What does Isabella's letter to Catherine say in Chapter 26?
10. What does Catherine tell Mr. Tilney she does not do, and how does he react?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)