|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(b) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
2. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
3. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To join them at the theatre.
(b) To take a carriage ride.
(c) To visit their home.
(d) To join them on a country walk.
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
5. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she is from a poor family.
(b) That she has been missing for 2 years.
(c) That she is most likely deceased.
(d) That she too is in Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
2. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
3. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
4. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John treat Catherine at the dance?
2. How does Isabella already know of Catherine?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader about Catherine's character at the start of Chapter 2?
4. What is puzzling to Catherine about her conversation with John Thorpe on the topic of the carriage her brother drives?
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Tilney she does not do, and how does he react?
6. Why does Catherine tell Henry that she cannot dance with him?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what is Catherine's main concern and why?
8. What is strange about Isabella's behavior with the two men that show interest in the girls at the end of Chapter 6?
9. Describe Catherine at the age of seventeen.
10. What information does Mrs. Allen give Catherine about Henry's mother?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)