|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A letter from Eleanor.
(b) A letter from Henry.
(c) A note from Isabella.
(d) A letter from Mrs. Morland.
2. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(b) Ancient edifices.
3. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
4. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(b) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
(c) "Let us Marry One and All".
(d) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
5. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
6. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
(a) Stormy and windy.
(b) Cold and breezy.
7. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(c) Northanger Abbey.
8. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
(a) Pack her belongings.
(b) Write a letter to her parents.
(c) Do an inventory of her dresses.
(d) Write a letter to Eleanor.
9. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
(a) Discovering a hidden passageway.
(b) Being asked to dance by every man at the ball.
(c) Being engaged to Henry.
(d) Finding a haunted castle.
10. How do General Tilney's children act in his presence?
(a) They are loving.
(b) They are quiet.
(c) They are modest.
(d) They are flamboyant.
11. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) A broken heart.
(c) A bilious fever.
(d) Small pox.
12. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
(a) An chest of drawers.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A cabinet.
(d) A chair.
13. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) How messy they are.
(b) How tidy they are.
(c) How vibrant they are.
(d) How ordinary they are.
14. What does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) An old love letter.
(c) A large chest.
(d) A novel she has not yet read.
15. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
2. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
3. What time of day does Catherine leave Northanger Abbey?
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)