|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
2. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A letter from Henry.
(b) A letter from Eleanor.
(c) A note from Isabella.
(d) A letter from Mrs. Morland.
3. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
(b) The maid.
(c) General Tilney.
4. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
(a) Just under a month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) At least another month.
(d) Two months.
5. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
(a) The Morlands are strict.
(b) James is arranged to marry another.
(c) Her reputation is not as it should be.
(d) Her fortune is small.
6. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
(a) He is honest about his romantic feelings.
(b) He ignores her completely.
(c) He is rude towards her.
(d) He pays her more attention than usual.
7. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
8. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) James Morland.
(b) Isabella Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
(d) John Thorpe.
9. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
(d) Beechen Cliff.
10. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
(a) A week.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
11. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
(a) James' inability to marry for two to three years.
(b) Catherine's feelings for Henry.
(c) Isabella's engagement.
(d) Isabella's feelings for him.
12. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(a) Ancient edifices.
13. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
(a) Beechen Cliff.
14. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
(a) That it must be haunted.
(b) That it must be like a Gothic castle.
(c) That it must be fashionably furnished.
(d) That it must be in poor condition.
15. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
(a) Eleanor invites Catherine to Northanger Abbey.
(b) Eleanor invites Catherine for another walk the following day.
(c) Eleanor invites Catherine for a carriage ride.
(d) Eleanor invites Catherine to join her for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
3. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
4. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)