|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The tea-room.
(b) The card-room.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The washroom.
2. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
3. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(b) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(c) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(d) Fair hair and fair skin.
6. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Whether Henry likes her.
(b) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(c) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(d) What book she should read next.
7. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) A lovely girl.
(b) An awkward girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
8. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
9. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(b) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(c) To take a walk around town.
(d) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
10. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
(b) That her appearance is lacking.
(c) That she should keep her distance from his son.
(d) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
11. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Mrs. Morland.
(b) Mr. Morland.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
(d) Catherine's older brother.
12. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(d) They were neighbors growing up.
13. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Balmoral Street.
(b) Denmark Street.
(c) Windsor Street.
(d) Pulteney Street.
14. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Brightons.
(b) The Drews.
(c) The Pattersons.
(d) The Skinners.
15. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A pair of gloves.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
3. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
5. Who is James Morland?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)