|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
3. Why is the trip to Bristol called off?
(a) The road is blocked by sheep.
(b) The weather turns violent.
(c) The group gets lost.
(d) It is too late in the day to continue on.
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Writes a letter to her parents.
(b) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Repairs a tear in her dress.
5. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
6. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
(a) Walk outdoors.
(b) Read her book.
(c) Write letters.
(d) Chat with Mrs. Allen.
7. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(b) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
(c) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
(d) Catherine waves to them.
8. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Telling lies.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
9. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(b) Mr. Allen.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
10. What town is to be the final destination of the Thorpes' and Morlands' trip?
11. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(b) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(c) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(d) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
12. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The card-room.
(c) The washroom.
(d) The tea-room.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the pump-room.
(b) At the tea-room.
(c) In the street.
(d) At the theatre.
14. What does Henry do when he spots Catherine at the theatre?
15. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) Back home to Fullerton.
(b) To Lansdown Hill
(c) To the nightly ball.
(d) To Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
3. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
4. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
5. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)