Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 and 2
1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
3. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
4. Who taught Catherine French?
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
6. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
7. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
8. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
"Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
9. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
10. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
Forgotten her clogs at the inn.
11. What is the name of the street...
This section contains 2,562 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)