|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
(a) Dinner outdoors.
(b) Captain Tilney's marriage to Isabella.
(c) A day trip to Bath.
(d) Henry's marriage to Catherine.
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(b) Fair hair and fair skin.
(c) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
3. What does Isabella say of James in her letter to Catherine in Chapter 26?
(a) James must forgive her for her indiscretions.
(b) James is the victim of a serious misunderstanding.
(c) James should forget their union immediately.
(d) James has too soft a heart.
4. What time of day does Catherine leave Northanger Abbey?
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) Late at night.
(d) After breakfast.
5. What does Isabella say will be impossible at the evening festivities?
(a) For her to dance.
(b) For her to drink.
(c) For her to socialize.
(d) For her to arrive on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
3. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
4. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)