|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(c) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(d) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
2. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
(b) Catherine waves to them.
(c) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(d) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
3. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
4. What opinion does Isabella have of the Tilneys?
(a) The are ignorant.
(b) They are dishonest.
(c) They are excessively proud.
(d) They are a strange bunch.
5. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
(a) At lunch.
(b) Before bed.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
2. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
4. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
5. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)