|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella say of James in her letter to Catherine in Chapter 26?
(a) James is the victim of a serious misunderstanding.
(b) James should forget their union immediately.
(c) James has too soft a heart.
(d) James must forgive her for her indiscretions.
2. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(b) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(b) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(c) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(d) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(b) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(c) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(d) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
5. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him lively.
(b) She thought him handsome.
(c) She thought him clever.
(d) She thought him impertinent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
2. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
3. Why does Catherine become troubled when Henry and Eleanor begin to talk of Isabella and finances?
4. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)