|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Engaging in political activities.
(b) Making expensive purchases.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
2. What does Mrs. Morland suggest might help her daughter recover her cheerfulness?
(a) A nap.
(b) An essay.
(c) A swim.
(d) A walk.
3. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(b) To meet Isabella for tea.
(c) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(d) To read her novel before breakfast.
4. Why does the General scold Eleanor at dinner?
(a) Eleanor forgot to inform Catherine of the dinner time.
(b) Eleanor rushed Catherine to come to dinner.
(c) Eleanor did not dress appropriately.
(d) Eleanor did not pray before eating.
5. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
(b) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(c) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(d) They are the stupidest things in creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
2. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
3. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
4. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
5. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)