|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
2. What town is to be the final destination of the Thorpes' and Morlands' trip?
3. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Drews.
(b) The Pattersons.
(c) The Skinners.
(d) The Brightons.
4. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
(a) It is unfurnished.
(b) It is small.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is modern.
5. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
(a) His constant attention and kindness.
(b) General Tilney repeatedly refers to Catherine as family.
(c) His opinion that Catherine would make a wonderful wife.
(d) His fondness of gift-giving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
2. What does Catherine decide to tell James of the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
4. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
5. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)