|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(b) That James is gravely ill.
(c) That James and Isabella are married.
(d) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Pattersons.
(b) The Skinners.
(c) The Brightons.
(d) The Drews.
3. After Catherine's departure, how much longer will the Allens stay in Bath?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A month or so.
(c) One week.
(d) A fortnight.
4. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
(a) Catherine should smile brightly.
(b) Catherine should take a gift.
(c) Catherine should wear white.
(d) Catherine should go with Isabella.
5. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(b) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(c) To take a walk around town.
(d) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
3. How old are Henry and Catherine when they marry?
4. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)