|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine decide to tell James of the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
(a) Captain Tilney deceived Isabella.
(b) Only that Isabella is well.
2. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John borrowed it from his father.
(b) John bought it from a friend.
(c) John received it as a birthday present.
(d) John won it in a game of cards.
3. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Isabella Thorpe.
(c) James Morland.
(d) John Thorpe.
4. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
(a) General Tilney.
(b) Henry Tilney.
(c) Numerous men.
(d) Captain Tilney.
5. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
(b) A business trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine find alone in the breakfast parlor?
2. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
3. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
4. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)