|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
2. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(b) Ancient edifices.
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
(c) Beechen Cliff.
4. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
(b) General Tilney.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
5. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Telling lies.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
2. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
4. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
5. Whose idea was it for the Thorpes and Morlands to take a trip out of Bath?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)