|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
(a) General Tilney.
(c) Mrs. Hughes.
2. What does Catherine fear will happen as a result of General Tilney's unkind treatment?
(a) Her family will never allow her to visit Bath again.
(b) Her family will look badly on Henry and Eleanor.
(c) Society will ostracize her.
(d) Her family will blame her.
3. What does Mrs. Morland suggest might help her daughter recover her cheerfulness?
(a) A nap.
(b) An essay.
(c) A swim.
(d) A walk.
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him clever.
(b) She thought him lively.
(c) She thought him impertinent.
(d) She thought him handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
2. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
3. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
4. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)