|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
(a) Henry's marriage to Catherine.
(b) Captain Tilney's marriage to Isabella.
(c) Dinner outdoors.
(d) A day trip to Bath.
2. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
3. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
(a) Her fortune is small.
(b) James is arranged to marry another.
(c) Her reputation is not as it should be.
(d) The Morlands are strict.
4. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) General Tilney.
5. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is too cold outside.
(b) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
(c) It is too dirty outside.
(d) It is raining outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
2. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)