|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
(a) That John intends to ask for Catherine's hand in marriage.
(b) That John will be returning in a month's time.
(c) That John will remain in London indefinitely.
(d) That John has married an acquaintance from London.
2. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
3. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
4. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(b) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
5. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
2. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. What do Catherine and Henry discuss on the walk?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)