|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
2. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) A public hanging.
(d) Schoolyard games.
3. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) How messy they are.
(b) How tidy they are.
(c) How vibrant they are.
(d) How ordinary they are.
4. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
(a) A cabinet.
(b) A trunk.
(c) An chest of drawers.
(d) A chair.
5. What did Catherine see in front of the Tilney pew at church?
(a) A plaque acknowledging General Tilney's patronage.
(b) A statue of a Tilney ancestor.
(c) A bouquet of black roses.
(d) A monument to the memory of Mrs. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
2. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
3. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
4. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)