|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine decide to tell James of the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
(b) Captain Tilney deceived Isabella.
(d) Only that Isabella is well.
2. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His riding skills.
(c) His dancing skills.
(d) His conversational skills.
3. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
4. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
5. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An awkward girl.
(b) A lovely girl.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) An ugly girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
2. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
3. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
5. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)