|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is his purpose in visiting the Morland house?
(a) To make sure Catherine arrived home safely.
(b) To greet Catherine's parents.
(c) To see Fullerton.
(d) To apologize to Catherine.
2. How old are Henry and Catherine when they marry?
(a) Twenty-five and nineteen.
(b) Twenty-two and nineteen.
(c) Twenty-six and eighteen.
(d) Twenty-five and seventeen.
3. What do Henry and Eleanor doubt that General Tilney will allow?
(a) A day trip to Bath.
(b) Dinner outdoors.
(c) Captain Tilney's marriage to Isabella.
(d) Henry's marriage to Catherine.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) In a shop.
(b) The pump-room.
(c) Along the river's edge.
(d) At the Allens' residence.
5. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(b) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(c) A list of books to read.
(d) A list of things to do that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
2. After a month has passed, how much longer does Eleanor extend Catherine's invitation at Northanger Abbey?
3. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
5. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)