|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(b) Reserve a carriage.
(c) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
(d) Visit a hair salon.
2. In Chapter 26, what does Isabella's letter to Catherine say about Captain Tilney?
(a) Captain Tilney is a cheat.
(b) Captain Tilney is a saint.
(c) Captain Tilney is a scoundrel.
(d) Captain Tilney is a gentleman.
3. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) A bilious fever.
(b) A broken heart.
(d) Small pox.
4. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
(b) Gothic novels.
(c) Long walks.
5. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(d) Horse breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
4. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)