|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(b) Writes a letter to her parents.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
2. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) High Street.
(b) Victoria Street.
(c) Cheap Street.
(d) Carriage Street.
3. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Two months.
4. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(b) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(c) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(d) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
5. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
2. Where is Henry's home?
3. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
4. What do Catherine, Eleanor and the General do on Catherine's first morning at Northanger Abbey?
5. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)