|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
(b) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
(c) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
(d) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(b) Her dress has not been injured.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) She has many social connections at the ball.
3. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) James Morland.
(d) Isabella Thorpe.
4. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A cigar.
5. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
(a) A horse.
(b) A set of riding gear.
(c) A set of cufflinks.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella say will be impossible at the evening festivities?
2. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
3. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
4. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
5. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)