|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catherine, Eleanor and the General do on Catherine's first morning at Northanger Abbey?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Tour the estate's gardens.
(c) Go for a carriage ride.
(d) Tour Mrs. Tilney's chambers.
2. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Chat with Mrs. Allen.
(c) Read her book.
(d) Walk outdoors.
3. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
4. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(c) Northanger Abbey.
5. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
(a) The Morlands are strict.
(b) Her fortune is small.
(c) James is arranged to marry another.
(d) Her reputation is not as it should be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
2. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
3. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
4. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
5. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)