|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That James is gravely ill.
(b) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
(c) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(d) That James and Isabella are married.
2. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
(a) His servant.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) He himself.
3. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
4. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(b) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
(c) "Let us Marry One and All".
(d) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
5. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(b) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest dancers in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
2. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
4. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
5. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)