|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(b) A maid.
(d) General Tilney.
2. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
3. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
4. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Eleanor Tilney.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Mrs. Hughes.
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mr. Allen.
(c) The master of the ceremonies.
(d) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
2. Who taught Catherine French?
3. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
4. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
5. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)