|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her wealth.
2. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Reserve a carriage.
(b) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
(c) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(d) Visit a hair salon.
3. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
4. What does Catherine decide when she sees her friends coming down the road for her in Chapter 11?
(a) Catherine decides to join them.
(b) Catherine decides to go out and meet them.
(c) Catherine decides she will not go with them.
(d) Catherine decides she will pretend not to be home.
5. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
2. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
3. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
4. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
5. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)