|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) At the Allens' residence.
(b) Along the river's edge.
(c) In a shop.
(d) The pump-room.
2. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
(a) To never be loved.
(b) To never marry.
(c) To marry for money.
(d) To marry without fortune.
3. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Mixing with distinguished company.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Telling lies.
4. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
(a) Tell Eleanor that Mrs. Allen needs assistance.
(b) Pretend to be sick.
(c) Say she had a previous engagement.
(d) Pretend that there are family matters to attend to.
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
2. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
3. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
4. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
5. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)