|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(a) Mr. Tilney.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
2. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
3. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
4. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is unfurnished.
(c) It is modern.
(d) It is haunted.
5. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Visit a hair salon.
(b) Reserve a carriage.
(c) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(d) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
2. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
4. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)