|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
(a) An old love letter.
(b) A large chest.
(c) A novel she has not yet read.
(d) A lock of hair.
2. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
(a) He ignores her completely.
(b) He is honest about his romantic feelings.
(c) He pays her more attention than usual.
(d) He is rude towards her.
3. Who does Catherine find alone in the breakfast parlor?
(a) General Tilney.
(b) A servant.
4. Why does the General scold Eleanor at dinner?
(a) Eleanor did not dress appropriately.
(b) Eleanor rushed Catherine to come to dinner.
(c) Eleanor did not pray before eating.
(d) Eleanor forgot to inform Catherine of the dinner time.
5. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(c) Ancient edifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
2. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
3. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
4. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
5. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)