|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
(a) The part with the strange letter.
(b) The part with the black veil.
(c) The part with the witch.
(d) The part with the mystery box.
2. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Reads her book.
3. What is Northanger Abbey?
(a) The Allens' estate.
(b) A castle outside of Bath.
(c) The Tilney's estate.
(d) The Thorpe estate.
4. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she should keep her distance from his son.
(b) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
(c) That her appearance is lacking.
(d) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
5. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
(b) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
(c) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
(d) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What collection of documents does Catherine find in her room at Northanger Abbey?
2. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
3. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
5. What do Catherine and Henry discuss on the walk?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)