|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A set of riding gear.
(c) A set of cufflinks.
(d) A horse.
2. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
(b) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(c) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
(d) Catherine waves to them.
3. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She has many social connections at the ball.
(b) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(c) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(d) Her dress has not been injured.
4. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
(a) A visit to Blaize Castle.
(b) Dining in Clifton.
(c) The country view outside Kingsweston.
(d) The dances in Bristol.
5. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
(a) Forgotten to write down the address of her acquaitance in Bath.
(b) Forgotten her clogs at the inn.
(c) Forgotten to write her contacts in Bath.
(d) Forgotten to pack her favorite necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
4. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
5. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)