|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A dress.
(d) A hat.
2. What did Catherine see in front of the Tilney pew at church?
(a) A statue of a Tilney ancestor.
(b) A plaque acknowledging General Tilney's patronage.
(c) A bouquet of black roses.
(d) A monument to the memory of Mrs. Tilney.
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(b) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(c) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(d) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
4. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
5. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(b) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(c) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(d) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
2. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
3. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
4. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
5. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)