|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
(a) Cold and breezy.
(b) Stormy and windy.
2. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) James Morland.
(c) Isabella Thorpe.
(d) John Thorpe.
3. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(b) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
4. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Twelve weeks.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
2. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
3. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)