|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(b) Catherine hides.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine runs to him.
2. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Six weeks.
3. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) James Morland.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Isabella Thorpe.
(d) John Thorpe.
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(b) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(c) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(d) To take a walk around town.
5. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
(a) That it must be haunted.
(b) That it must be fashionably furnished.
(c) That it must be in poor condition.
(d) That it must be like a Gothic castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
2. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
3. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
5. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)