|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
2. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
(a) A chair.
(b) An chest of drawers.
(c) A cabinet.
(d) A trunk.
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(b) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
4. Who had General Tilney hoped to meet in Bath?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) The Marquis of Longtown and General Courteney.
(c) Lord Dover and his son.
(d) His old friends from Oxford.
5. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Pattersons.
(b) The Drews.
(c) The Brightons.
(d) The Skinners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and the General discuss at dinner?
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. How do General Tilney's children act in his presence?
4. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
5. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)