|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Tilney family would not be leaving Bath with the rest?
(a) Captain Tilney.
(b) Henry Tilney.
(c) General Tilney.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
2. Who had General Tilney hoped to meet in Bath?
(a) His old friends from Oxford.
(b) The Marquis of Longtown and General Courteney.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) Lord Dover and his son.
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(c) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(d) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(b) To take a walk around town.
(c) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(d) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
5. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His conversational skills.
(b) His hunting skills.
(c) His dancing skills.
(d) His riding skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
4. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
5. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)