|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A note from Isabella.
(b) A letter from Mrs. Morland.
(c) A letter from Eleanor.
(d) A letter from Henry.
2. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) John Thorpe.
(c) James Morland.
(d) Isabella Thorpe.
3. Who had General Tilney hoped to meet in Bath?
(a) The Marquis of Longtown and General Courteney.
(b) His old friends from Oxford.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) Lord Dover and his son.
4. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John won it in a game of cards.
(b) John borrowed it from his father.
(c) John received it as a birthday present.
(d) John bought it from a friend.
5. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
(b) Long walks.
(d) Gothic novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
2. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
3. What opinion does Isabella have of the Tilneys?
4. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
5. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)