|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine find alone in the breakfast parlor?
(b) A servant.
(d) General Tilney.
2. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(b) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(c) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(d) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
3. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Mr. Allen.
(d) Her brother.
4. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
(a) Mrs. Hughes.
(b) Eleanor Tilney.
(c) Henry Tilney.
(d) John Thorpe.
5. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
(b) "Let us Marry One and All".
(c) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(d) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
Short Answer Questions
1. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
2. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
4. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
5. What is Northanger Abbey?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)