|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
2. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Read her book.
(c) Walk outdoors.
(d) Chat with Mrs. Allen.
3. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To take a carriage ride.
(b) To join them at the theatre.
(c) To join them on a country walk.
(d) To visit their home.
4. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
(b) "Let us Marry One and All".
(c) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(d) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
2. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
3. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
4. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
5. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)