|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
(a) Gothic novels.
(c) Long walks.
2. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The card-room.
(b) The washroom.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The tea-room.
3. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the tea-room.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the pump-room.
(d) At the theatre.
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) At the decorations in the room.
(b) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(c) Down at the floor.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
2. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
3. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
4. How do General Tilney's children act in his presence?
5. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)