|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) In a shop.
(b) At the Allens' residence.
(c) The pump-room.
(d) Along the river's edge.
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(c) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(d) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) The master of the ceremonies.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(d) Mr. Allen.
4. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Making expensive purchases.
(b) Mixing with distinguished company.
(c) Engaging in political activities.
(d) Telling lies.
5. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
2. Who is William?
3. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
4. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
5. Who taught Catherine French?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)