|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
2. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(b) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(c) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(d) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
3. How does General Tilney make Catherine feel uncomfortable?
(a) He is too touchy feely.
(b) He has poor dinner table manners.
(c) He is overly attentive.
(d) He talks about money far too much.
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mr. Morland.
(c) Her math tutor.
(d) Mrs. Morland.
5. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John won it in a game of cards.
(b) John received it as a birthday present.
(c) John borrowed it from his father.
(d) John bought it from a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
2. What do Catherine, Eleanor and the General do on Catherine's first morning at Northanger Abbey?
3. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
5. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)