|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) In a meandering way.
(b) Exceedingly slowly.
(c) Roughly with great speed.
(d) Quietly and calmly.
2. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
(a) That it must be fashionably furnished.
(b) That it must be haunted.
(c) That it must be like a Gothic castle.
(d) That it must be in poor condition.
3. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Catherine's older brother.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Isabella's fiance.
4. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
(a) He himself.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His servant.
5. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress has not been injured.
(b) She has many social connections at the ball.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
3. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
4. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)