|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Mr. Morland.
(d) Her math tutor.
2. Whose idea was it for the Thorpes and Morlands to take a trip out of Bath?
(a) John Thorpe's.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe's.
(c) Isabella and James'.
(d) Mr. Allen's.
3. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
(a) The dances.
(b) Country air and quiet.
(c) Visiting her school friend.
(d) Dining at a famous restaurant.
4. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
(a) Eleanor invites Catherine for a carriage ride.
(b) Eleanor invites Catherine to join her for dinner.
(c) Eleanor invites Catherine to Northanger Abbey.
(d) Eleanor invites Catherine for another walk the following day.
5. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take a walk around town.
(b) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(c) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(d) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
2. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
3. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
4. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
5. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)