|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Hughes.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine hides.
(d) Catherine runs to him.
4. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(b) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(c) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(d) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
5. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(b) Horse breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
4. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
5. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)