|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
(a) On a country walk.
(b) To a dress shop.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) The pump-room.
2. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(b) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(c) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(d) Fair hair and fair skin.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) In the street.
(b) At the theatre.
(c) At the pump-room.
(d) At the tea-room.
5. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
(b) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
(c) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
(d) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes Catherine as odd about Northanger Abbey?
2. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
3. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
5. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)