|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
(b) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
(c) That she should keep her distance from his son.
(d) That her appearance is lacking.
2. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(b) To read her novel before breakfast.
(c) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(d) To meet Isabella for tea.
3. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(c) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(d) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(b) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
(c) Down at the floor.
(d) At the decorations in the room.
5. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Catherine's older brother.
(d) Mr. Morland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
3. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
5. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)