|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Roughly with great speed.
(b) Quietly and calmly.
(c) In a meandering way.
(d) Exceedingly slowly.
2. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A dress.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A pair of gloves.
(d) A hat.
3. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) A public hanging.
(b) Schoolyard games.
4. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Making expensive purchases.
(b) Telling lies.
(c) Engaging in political activities.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
5. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A stray thread.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A feather.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
2. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
3. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
4. How do James and John know each other?
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)