|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Catherine decide when she sees her friends coming down the road for her in Chapter 11?
(a) Catherine decides she will not go with them.
(b) Catherine decides to go out and meet them.
(c) Catherine decides to join them.
(d) Catherine decides she will pretend not to be home.
3. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) In a meandering way.
(b) Roughly with great speed.
(c) Quietly and calmly.
(d) Exceedingly slowly.
4. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(b) To meet Isabella for tea.
(c) To read her novel before breakfast.
(d) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
5. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
5. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)