|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(b) Writing letters.
(c) Riding horses.
2. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) The master of the ceremonies.
(b) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Allen.
5. What does Henry do when he spots Catherine at the theatre?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
2. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
3. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
4. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
5. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)