|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
2. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An awkward girl.
(d) A lovely girl.
4. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine waves to them.
(b) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
(c) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(d) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
5. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(c) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(d) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
2. Who taught Catherine French?
3. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
4. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
5. What does Henry do when he spots Catherine at the theatre?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)