|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(b) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(c) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(d) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
2. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(c) Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
4. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
(a) A set of riding gear.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A set of cufflinks.
(d) A horse.
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(c) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(d) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
2. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
3. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)