|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) An awkward girl.
(c) A lovely girl.
(d) An ugly girl.
2. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
3. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Catherine's older brother.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Mr. Morland.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest dancers in the room.
5. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) In a meandering way.
(b) Quietly and calmly.
(c) Roughly with great speed.
(d) Exceedingly slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
2. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
3. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
4. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
5. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)