|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
(c) General Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Hughes.
2. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
3. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Quietly and calmly.
(b) Roughly with great speed.
(c) In a meandering way.
(d) Exceedingly slowly.
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
(b) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(c) Down at the floor.
(d) At the decorations in the room.
5. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John received it as a birthday present.
(b) John won it in a game of cards.
(c) John bought it from a friend.
(d) John borrowed it from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
2. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
3. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
4. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)