|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Catherine's older brother.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Isabella's fiance.
2. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
3. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) Schoolyard games.
(d) A public hanging.
4. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
5. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do when he spots Catherine at the theatre?
2. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
3. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
4. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
5. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)