|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(b) John Thorpe.
(c) Her brother.
2. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
3. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) They were neighbors growing up.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
4. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
5. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Mixing with distinguished company.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Telling lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
3. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
4. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)