|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Balmoral Street.
(b) Pulteney Street.
(c) Windsor Street.
(d) Denmark Street.
2. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
(a) The part with the black veil.
(b) The part with the strange letter.
(c) The part with the witch.
(d) The part with the mystery box.
3. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They were neighbors growing up.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They attend the same church.
4. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To Oxford.
(b) Back home to Fullerton.
(c) To Lansdown Hill
(d) To the nightly ball.
5. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Writing letters.
(d) Riding horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)