|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(c) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(d) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
2. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
3. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To join them on a country walk.
(b) To visit their home.
(c) To take a carriage ride.
(d) To join them at the theatre.
4. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A pair of gloves.
5. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
(a) Catherine's love for Oxford and books.
(b) Mr. Allen, riches and alcohol.
(c) James' affection for Isabella and marriages.
(d) The weather and Catherine's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
2. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
5. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)