|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
2. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) Schoolyard games.
(c) A public hanging.
3. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They attend school together.
(c) They met recently at a ball.
(d) They are childhood friends.
4. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
5. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
(a) The part with the witch.
(b) The part with the black veil.
(c) The part with the strange letter.
(d) The part with the mystery box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
4. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
5. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)