|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
2. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Reserve a carriage.
(b) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(c) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
(d) Visit a hair salon.
3. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(b) To take a walk around town.
(c) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(d) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
4. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
(b) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
(c) That her appearance is lacking.
(d) That she should keep her distance from his son.
5. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Riding horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
2. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
5. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)