|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) They were neighbors growing up.
2. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(b) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(c) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(d) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
3. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The washroom.
(b) The card-room.
(c) The tea-room.
(d) The veranda.
4. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Writing letters.
(d) Riding horses.
5. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine hides.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine runs to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
2. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
3. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
4. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
5. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)