|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) An ugly girl.
(c) An awkward girl.
(d) A lovely girl.
2. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(c) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney.
4. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
(a) The part with the black veil.
(b) The part with the witch.
(c) The part with the strange letter.
(d) The part with the mystery box.
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
2. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
3. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
4. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)