|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Fifty pounds.
(d) Twenty guineas.
2. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(b) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(d) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
3. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John received it as a birthday present.
(b) John won it in a game of cards.
(c) John bought it from a friend.
(d) John borrowed it from his father.
4. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His dancing skills.
(b) His riding skills.
(c) His conversational skills.
(d) His hunting skills.
5. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
2. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
4. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)