|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(b) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
2. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(b) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(c) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(d) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
3. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They met recently at a ball.
(b) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They attend school together.
4. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
5. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Writes a letter to her parents.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
2. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
5. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)