|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
2. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Making expensive purchases.
(b) Telling lies.
(c) Mixing with distinguished company.
(d) Engaging in political activities.
3. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(c) Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Allen.
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(a) Horse breeding.
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(b) Down at the floor.
(c) At the decorations in the room.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
4. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)