|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) They met recently at a ball.
(d) They attend school together.
2. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(c) The girls dance in different sets.
(d) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
3. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
(a) On a country walk.
(b) To a dress shop.
(c) The pump-room.
(d) To the theatre.
4. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His riding skills.
(b) His dancing skills.
(c) His conversational skills.
(d) His hunting skills.
5. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Hughes.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
2. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
3. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
5. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)