|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(d) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
2. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Hughes.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe.
(c) Eleanor Tilney.
(d) John Thorpe.
3. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she has been missing for 2 years.
(b) That she too is in Bath.
(c) That she is from a poor family.
(d) That she is most likely deceased.
4. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They attend school together.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They met recently at a ball.
5. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(d) Horse breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
2. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
3. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
4. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
5. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)