|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest comedians in the room.
2. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) The master of the ceremonies.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
5. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of things to do that day.
(b) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(c) A list of books to read.
(d) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
Short Answer Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
2. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
3. Who is James Morland?
4. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
5. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)