|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(b) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(c) Fair hair and fair skin.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
(a) On a country walk.
(b) To a dress shop.
(c) The pump-room.
(d) To the theatre.
3. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(b) A list of books to read.
(c) A list of things to do that day.
(d) A list of places to visit in Bath.
4. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Making expensive purchases.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
5. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They met recently at a ball.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They attend school together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
3. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
4. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
5. Who is James Morland?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)