|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
(a) To a dress shop.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) On a country walk.
(d) The pump-room.
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(b) The master of the ceremonies.
(c) Mr. Allen.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
3. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(c) The girls dance in different sets.
(d) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
4. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To join them at the theatre.
(b) To join them on a country walk.
(c) To visit their home.
(d) To take a carriage ride.
5. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(b) A public hanging.
(d) Schoolyard games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
2. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
3. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)