|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(b) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(c) Fair hair and fair skin.
(d) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
2. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(c) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(d) The girls dance in different sets.
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
4. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(c) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney.
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(b) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
(c) At the decorations in the room.
(d) Down at the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
2. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
3. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)