|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
(a) Walk outdoors.
(b) Write letters.
(c) Chat with Mrs. Allen.
(d) Read her book.
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To join them at the theatre.
(b) To join them on a country walk.
(c) To take a carriage ride.
(d) To visit their home.
4. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Isabella's fiance.
(c) Catherine's older brother.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
5. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) A lovely girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An awkward girl.
(d) An ugly girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
2. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
3. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
4. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)