|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Mixing with distinguished company.
(b) Engaging in political activities.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Telling lies.
2. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
3. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(b) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(c) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(d) The four greatest dancers in the room.
5. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
3. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
4. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
5. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)