|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the tea-room.
(b) At the theatre.
(c) In the street.
(d) At the pump-room.
2. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
(a) The weather and Catherine's parents.
(b) Catherine's love for Oxford and books.
(c) James' affection for Isabella and marriages.
(d) Mr. Allen, riches and alcohol.
3. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Allen.
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(b) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(c) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(d) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
5. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
(a) Forgotten to write her contacts in Bath.
(b) Forgotten her clogs at the inn.
(c) Forgotten to pack her favorite necklace.
(d) Forgotten to write down the address of her acquaitance in Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
2. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
4. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
5. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)