|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(b) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(c) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(d) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
2. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
3. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Roughly with great speed.
(b) Exceedingly slowly.
(c) In a meandering way.
(d) Quietly and calmly.
5. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) What book she should read next.
(b) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(c) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(d) Whether Henry likes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
3. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
4. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
5. How do James and John know each other?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)