|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) Schoolyard games.
(d) A public hanging.
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine hides.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine runs to him.
(d) Catherine smiles and blushes.
3. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
4. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress has not been injured.
(b) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) She has many social connections at the ball.
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
2. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
3. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
5. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)