|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(c) Horse breeding.
2. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
3. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Carriage Street.
(b) Cheap Street.
(c) Victoria Street.
(d) High Street.
4. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Telling lies.
(b) Making expensive purchases.
(c) Mixing with distinguished company.
(d) Engaging in political activities.
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To Oxford.
(b) Back home to Fullerton.
(c) To Lansdown Hill
(d) To the nightly ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
2. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
4. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
5. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)