|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(b) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(c) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
3. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
(a) Forgotten to write down the address of her acquaitance in Bath.
(b) Forgotten to pack her favorite necklace.
(c) Forgotten to write her contacts in Bath.
(d) Forgotten her clogs at the inn.
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(b) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
5. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Writes a letter to her parents.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(d) Repairs a tear in her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
3. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
5. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)