|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) An awkward girl.
(c) A lovely girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
3. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Denmark Street.
(b) Balmoral Street.
(c) Windsor Street.
(d) Pulteney Street.
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine runs to him.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine hides.
5. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)