|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Skinners.
(b) The Brightons.
(c) The Drews.
(d) The Pattersons.
3. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Carriage Street.
(b) Cheap Street.
(c) High Street.
(d) Victoria Street.
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(c) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(d) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
5. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
4. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
5. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)