|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(b) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Writing letters.
(c) Riding horses.
3. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An awkward girl.
(d) A lovely girl.
4. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
5. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(b) Her dress has not been injured.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) She has many social connections at the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
2. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
3. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
4. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
5. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)