|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
2. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Two months.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Mr. Morland.
(d) Her math tutor.
4. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(b) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(c) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(d) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
5. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
3. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
4. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
5. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)