|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mr. Morland.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Her math tutor.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(b) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
(c) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(d) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
3. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
(a) Two years older.
(b) Six years older.
(c) Three years older.
(d) Four years older.
4. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Balmoral Street.
(b) Denmark Street.
(c) Pulteney Street.
(d) Windsor Street.
5. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
2. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
5. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)