|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
(a) The Pattersons.
(b) The Skinners.
(c) The Brightons.
(d) The Drews.
2. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An awkward girl.
(b) An ugly girl.
(c) A pretty girl.
(d) A lovely girl.
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(b) Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
4. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
(b) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
(c) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(d) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
5. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(b) She has many social connections at the ball.
(c) Her dress has not been injured.
(d) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
4. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
5. Who is James Morland?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)