|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(b) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(b) A list of things to do that day.
(c) A list of books to read.
(d) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
3. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(b) She has many social connections at the ball.
(c) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(d) Her dress has not been injured.
4. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
(a) Three years older.
(b) Six years older.
(c) Two years older.
(d) Four years older.
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
2. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
3. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
5. How do James and John know each other?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)