|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
(a) Three years older.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Six years older.
(d) Four years older.
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress has not been injured.
(b) She has many social connections at the ball.
(c) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(d) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(b) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
4. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To the nightly ball.
(b) Back home to Fullerton.
(c) To Lansdown Hill
(d) To Oxford.
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) At the decorations in the room.
(b) Down at the floor.
(c) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)