|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
2. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A stray thread.
(b) A pin.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A feather.
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(b) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(b) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
(c) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(d) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To Lansdown Hill
(b) Back home to Fullerton.
(c) To the nightly ball.
(d) To Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
3. Who taught Catherine French?
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
5. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)