|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
(a) Four years older.
(b) Three years older.
(c) Six years older.
(d) Two years older.
2. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
4. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(b) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney.
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(b) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is James Morland?
2. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
4. How do James and John know each other?
5. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)