|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
2. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John received it as a birthday present.
(b) John won it in a game of cards.
(c) John borrowed it from his father.
(d) John bought it from a friend.
3. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The tea-room.
(b) The washroom.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The card-room.
4. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They attend the same church.
(b) They were neighbors growing up.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(d) They went to school together.
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
2. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)