|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(b) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
(c) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(d) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
2. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Morland.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Her math tutor.
(d) Mr. Morland.
3. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine hides.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine runs to him.
(d) Catherine smiles and blushes.
5. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's older brother.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) Catherine's cousin.
(d) Isabella's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
2. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
3. How do James and John know each other?
4. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)