|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of things to do that day.
(b) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(c) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(d) A list of books to read.
2. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(b) Fair hair and fair skin.
(c) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
5. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(b) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest comedians in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
3. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
4. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
5. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)