|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
2. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They met recently at a ball.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(d) They attend school together.
3. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(c) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(d) The girls dance in different sets.
4. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(b) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(c) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(d) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
5. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
2. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
3. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
5. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)