|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Pulteney Street.
(b) Balmoral Street.
(c) Denmark Street.
(d) Windsor Street.
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(b) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(c) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(b) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
4. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) The girls dance in different sets.
(c) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(d) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
2. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
4. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
5. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)