|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(d) "Be wary of straightforward men."
2. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
3. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) They attend school together.
(d) They met recently at a ball.
4. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(b) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(c) Fair hair and fair skin.
(d) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(b) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(c) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(d) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
2. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
3. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
4. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
5. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)