|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(b) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(c) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of things to do that day.
(b) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(c) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(d) A list of books to read.
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(b) Fair hair and fair skin.
(c) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
4. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(b) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
2. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
3. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
4. Who is James Morland?
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)