|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
2. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
(b) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(c) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
(d) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(b) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(c) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(d) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(b) The master of the ceremonies.
(c) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
5. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(b) Fair hair and fair skin.
(c) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(d) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
2. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
3. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
5. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)