|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
2. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(c) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(d) The girls dance in different sets.
3. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Catherine's older brother.
(b) Mrs. Morland.
(c) Mr. Morland.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
5. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
2. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
3. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
4. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)