|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Twenty guineas.
(d) Five pounds.
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She has many social connections at the ball.
(b) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) Her dress has not been injured.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
4. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(b) A list of books to read.
(c) A list of things to do that day.
(d) A list of places to visit in Bath.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
3. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
4. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)