|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
2. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(d) Horse breeding.
3. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
4. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She has many social connections at the ball.
(b) Her dress has not been injured.
(c) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(d) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
3. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
5. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)