|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
(a) Twenty guineas.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
2. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They were neighbors growing up.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(d) They went to school together.
3. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Windsor Street.
(b) Denmark Street.
(c) Pulteney Street.
(d) Balmoral Street.
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(b) Reserve a carriage.
(c) Visit a hair salon.
(d) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
2. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
3. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
4. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
5. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)