|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(b) She has many social connections at the ball.
(c) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(d) Her dress has not been injured.
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(b) Writing letters.
(c) Riding horses.
3. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(b) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
(c) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
(d) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
4. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A feather.
(c) A stray thread.
(d) A pin.
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Allen.
(d) The master of the ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)