|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Riding horses.
(b) Writing letters.
2. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
(a) Pulteney Street.
(b) Windsor Street.
(c) Balmoral Street.
(d) Denmark Street.
3. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
4. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The tea-room.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The washroom.
(d) The card-room.
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(b) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
2. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
3. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
4. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
5. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)