|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The card-room.
(b) The washroom.
(c) The tea-room.
(d) The veranda.
2. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(d) "Be wary of straightforward men."
3. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
(a) The part with the black veil.
(b) The part with the mystery box.
(c) The part with the witch.
(d) The part with the strange letter.
4. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
2. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
3. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
4. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
5. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)