|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(c) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(d) "Be wary of straightforward men."
2. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
3. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mr. Morland.
(b) Her math tutor.
(c) Mrs. Morland.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
4. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
5. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Visit a hair salon.
(b) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(c) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
(d) Reserve a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
3. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
4. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)