|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
(a) Twenty guineas.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Ten guineas.
(d) Five pounds.
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
3. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) They were neighbors growing up.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
5. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(b) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(c) Her dress has not been injured.
(d) She has many social connections at the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
2. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
3. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. Who taught Catherine French?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)