|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(b) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
(c) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
(d) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Riding horses.
3. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(b) Horse breeding.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) The master of the ceremonies.
(b) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(c) Mr. Allen.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
5. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A dress.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
2. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
3. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)