|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had General Tilney treated Catherine so well in the past?
(a) He believed her to be nobility.
(b) He believed her to be wealthy.
(c) He believed her to be charming.
(d) He wanted his son to be happy.
2. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
3. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him lively.
(b) She thought him impertinent.
(c) She thought him handsome.
(d) She thought him clever.
4. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) A bilious fever.
(c) A broken heart.
(d) Small pox.
5. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
(b) Cold and breezy.
(d) Stormy and windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At night, what piece of furniture does Catherine notice in her room in Northanger Abbey?
2. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
4. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
5. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)