|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
(a) Her brother.
(b) John Thorpe.
(d) Mr. Allen.
2. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(c) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(d) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(b) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
4. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To visit their home.
(b) To join them at the theatre.
(c) To take a carriage ride.
(d) To join them on a country walk.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the pump-room.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the tea-room.
(d) At the theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
2. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
3. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
4. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
5. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)