Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A horse.
(c) A set of riding gear.
(d) A set of cufflinks.
2. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(b) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(c) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(d) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
3. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They met recently at a ball.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They attend school together.
4. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(b) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(c) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
2. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
3. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
5. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)