|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(b) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(c) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(d) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
2. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
(b) The maid.
(c) General Tilney.
3. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To the nightly ball.
(b) To Oxford.
(c) To Lansdown Hill
(d) Back home to Fullerton.
4. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
2. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
4. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
5. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)