|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
(b) General Tilney.
(d) The maid.
2. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
(a) That it must be fashionably furnished.
(b) That it must be in poor condition.
(c) That it must be like a Gothic castle.
(d) That it must be haunted.
3. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
4. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To meet Isabella for tea.
(b) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(c) To read her novel before breakfast.
(d) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
5. How far is Northanger Abbey from Bath?
(a) Twelve miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Thirty miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Northanger Abbey?
2. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
3. What does Catherine claim to have just learned to love?
4. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
5. In Chapter 26, what does Isabella's letter to Catherine say about Captain Tilney?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)