|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(b) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(c) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(d) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
2. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
(a) Pack her belongings.
(b) Do an inventory of her dresses.
(c) Write a letter to her parents.
(d) Write a letter to Eleanor.
3. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) General Tilney.
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
(a) Catherine should go with Isabella.
(b) Catherine should smile brightly.
(c) Catherine should wear white.
(d) Catherine should take a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. Who taught Catherine French?
4. What do Catherine, Eleanor and the General do on Catherine's first morning at Northanger Abbey?
5. Why is the trip to Bristol called off?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)