|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen's passion?
2. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
3. In Chapter 26, what does Isabella's letter to Catherine say about Captain Tilney?
(a) Captain Tilney is a gentleman.
(b) Captain Tilney is a scoundrel.
(c) Captain Tilney is a cheat.
(d) Captain Tilney is a saint.
4. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
(a) He is rude towards her.
(b) He is honest about his romantic feelings.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He pays her more attention than usual.
5. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His conversational skills.
(b) His riding skills.
(c) His hunting skills.
(d) His dancing skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
2. What wakes Catherine after her first night at Northanger Abbey?
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
4. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
5. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)