|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
2. Who is William?
(a) The Tilney's servant.
(b) John Thorpe's friend.
(c) Catherine's brother.
(d) Isabella's brother.
3. What wakes Catherine after her first night at Northanger Abbey?
(a) The housemaid opening her window shutters.
(b) A bird in the window.
(c) General Tilney yelling at a servant.
(d) Eleanor knocking at the door.
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(b) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(c) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(d) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
5. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
4. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
5. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)