|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Catherine's first night at Northanger Abbey, what is the weather like?
(b) Cold and breezy.
(c) Stormy and windy.
2. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
(b) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(c) That James and Isabella are married.
(d) That James is gravely ill.
3. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(b) Writing letters.
(c) Riding horses.
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(b) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(c) "Be wary of straightforward men."
(d) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(b) At the decorations in the room.
(c) Down at the floor.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
2. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
3. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
4. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
5. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)