|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Catherine leave Northanger Abbey?
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) Late at night.
(d) After breakfast.
2. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she is most likely deceased.
(b) That she is from a poor family.
(c) That she too is in Bath.
(d) That she has been missing for 2 years.
3. What is Northanger Abbey?
(a) The Tilney's estate.
(b) The Allens' estate.
(c) A castle outside of Bath.
(d) The Thorpe estate.
4. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
(a) Pretend that there are family matters to attend to.
(b) Tell Eleanor that Mrs. Allen needs assistance.
(c) Pretend to be sick.
(d) Say she had a previous engagement.
5. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
(b) A business trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
2. Where does General Tilney suggest the group visit while staying at Northanger Abbey?
3. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
5. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)