|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
(a) Mrs. Hughes.
(b) Eleanor Tilney.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Henry Tilney.
2. Why is the trip to Bristol called off?
(a) It is too late in the day to continue on.
(b) The group gets lost.
(c) The weather turns violent.
(d) The road is blocked by sheep.
3. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
(b) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
(c) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
(d) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
4. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
5. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she is most likely deceased.
(b) That she has been missing for 2 years.
(c) That she too is in Bath.
(d) That she is from a poor family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
3. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
4. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
5. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)