|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Engaging in political activities.
(b) Telling lies.
(c) Making expensive purchases.
(d) Mixing with distinguished company.
2. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her wealth.
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(d) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
4. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A pair of gloves.
(b) A dress.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
5. On the way to Bath, what did Mrs. Allen fear she had done?
(a) Forgotten her clogs at the inn.
(b) Forgotten to write down the address of her acquaitance in Bath.
(c) Forgotten to write her contacts in Bath.
(d) Forgotten to pack her favorite necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
2. Who taught Catherine French?
3. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)