|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) At least a year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Six months.
2. What do Mrs. Allen and Catherine have to do before attending a ball?
(a) Shop for garments to wear to the ball.
(b) Write to acquaintances who will be attending the ball.
(c) Reserve a carriage.
(d) Visit a hair salon.
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(c) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(d) They keep John away for as long as possible.
4. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
(a) Mrs. Tilney was extremely fair.
(b) The portrait was in excellent condition.
(c) The portrait was quite abstract.
(d) She cannot immediately see a resemblance in her children.
5. Where does General Tilney go by himself for a time during Catherine's stay at Northanger?
(d) A business trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
4. Which member of the Tilney family would not be leaving Bath with the rest?
5. What does Catherine decide to tell James of the letter she receives from Isabella in Chapter 26?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)