|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26, 27, and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Hughes.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe.
(c) John Thorpe.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
2. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
3. Who is said to be sometimes left with no companion at all?
(a) General Tilney.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Quietly and calmly.
(b) Roughly with great speed.
(c) Exceedingly slowly.
(d) In a meandering way.
5. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
(b) That she should keep her distance from his son.
(c) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
(d) That her appearance is lacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the General scold Eleanor at dinner?
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
3. What reassures Catherine of General Tilney's good intentions of her?
4. How old was Eleanor when her mother passed away?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)