|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
2. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Quietly and calmly.
(b) In a meandering way.
(c) Roughly with great speed.
(d) Exceedingly slowly.
3. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(b) Catherine runs to him.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine hides.
4. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(b) Mr. Allen.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
5. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
3. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
4. Who taught Catherine French?
5. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)