|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(b) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(c) To meet Isabella for tea.
(d) To read her novel before breakfast.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To a dress shop.
(c) On a country walk.
(d) The pump-room.
3. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Twelve weeks.
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(c) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(d) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
5. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
2. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
3. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
4. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
5. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)