|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress has not been injured.
(b) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(c) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(d) She has many social connections at the ball.
3. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
4. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They attend school together.
(c) They met recently at a ball.
(d) They are childhood friends.
5. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Cheap Street.
(b) Carriage Street.
(c) Victoria Street.
(d) High Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
3. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
5. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)