|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(b) Fair hair and fair skin.
(c) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(d) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
3. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(b) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(c) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(d) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mr. Allen.
(c) Mr. Tilney introduces himself.
(d) The master of the ceremonies.
5. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(b) To take a walk around town.
(c) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(d) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
2. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
3. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
4. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)