|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the theatre.
(b) At the tea-room.
(c) At the pump-room.
(d) In the street.
2. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His conversational skills.
(b) His dancing skills.
(c) His hunting skills.
(d) His riding skills.
3. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Quietly and calmly.
(b) Exceedingly slowly.
(c) Roughly with great speed.
(d) In a meandering way.
4. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
(b) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(c) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
(d) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
5. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Victoria Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Cheap Street.
(d) Carriage Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
2. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
4. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
5. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)