|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's older brother.
(b) Catherine's cousin.
(c) Isabella's fiance.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
2. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An awkward girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A lovely girl.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the pump-room.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the tea-room.
(d) At the theatre.
4. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(b) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(c) Fair hair and fair skin.
(d) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
2. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
3. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
4. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
5. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)