|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
4. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(b) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(c) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(d) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
5. Upon their arrival at Upper Rooms, where does Mr.Allen go directly?
(a) The washroom.
(b) The card-room.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The tea-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
4. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
5. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)