|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(a) A public hanging.
(c) Schoolyard games.
2. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(b) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(c) What book she should read next.
(d) Whether Henry likes her.
4. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(d) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
5. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(b) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(c) To read her novel before breakfast.
(d) To meet Isabella for tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
2. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)