|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(d) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Fair hair and fair skin.
(b) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(c) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
3. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eight weeks.
4. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Catherine's older brother.
(c) Isabella's fiance.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
5. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Mr. Morland.
(b) Mrs. Allen.
(c) Catherine's older brother.
(d) Mrs. Morland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
2. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
4. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
5. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)