|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John attempt to sell Henry at the ball in Chapter 10?
(a) A set of riding gear.
(b) A set of cufflinks.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A horse.
2. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(c) Horse breeding.
3. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
4. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Three months.
5. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A feather.
(b) A pin.
(c) A stray thread.
(d) A ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
2. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
5. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)