|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(b) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(c) To read her novel before breakfast.
(d) To meet Isabella for tea.
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
3. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Mixing with distinguished company.
(b) Making expensive purchases.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Engaging in political activities.
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Down at the floor.
(b) At the decorations in the room.
(c) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
5. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do James and John know each other?
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
3. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)