|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(b) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(c) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(d) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
2. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) Eleanor Tilney.
(d) John Thorpe.
3. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine runs to him.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine hides.
4. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
(a) Three years older.
(b) Four years older.
(c) Six years older.
(d) Two years older.
5. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's older brother.
(b) Catherine's cousin.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Isabella's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
2. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
3. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
4. What does Isabella feel that Miss Andrews is lacking?
5. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)