|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she is most likely deceased.
(b) That she is from a poor family.
(c) That she too is in Bath.
(d) That she has been missing for 2 years.
2. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
3. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A stray thread.
(b) A feather.
(c) A pin.
(d) A ribbon.
4. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
5. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They are childhood friends.
(b) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(c) They attend school together.
(d) They met recently at a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
2. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
3. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
4. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)