|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Fair hair and fair skin.
(b) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
(c) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(d) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(b) Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) Exceedingly slowly.
(b) In a meandering way.
(c) Roughly with great speed.
(d) Quietly and calmly.
5. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
2. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
3. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
4. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
5. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)