|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine is at the ball, what does she overhear two men call her?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) An awkward girl.
(c) A lovely girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
2. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) Her dress has not been injured.
(b) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
(c) She has many social connections at the ball.
(d) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
4. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
(a) In a meandering way.
(b) Exceedingly slowly.
(c) Quietly and calmly.
(d) Roughly with great speed.
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
(a) Catherine believes the woman is too old to be Tilney's partner.
(b) Catherine guesses the woman is his sister.
(c) Catherine has been told Mr. Tilney is not married.
(d) Catherine thinks the woman is quite unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
2. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
3. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
4. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
5. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)