|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe was once engaged to Mr. Allen.
(b) They were neighbors growing up.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They attend the same church.
2. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(b) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(c) To take a walk around town.
(d) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
3. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(b) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(c) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(d) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
5. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A pin.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A stray thread.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
3. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
4. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
5. What is the name of the street where Catherine and the Allens stay?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)