|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she has been missing for 2 years.
(b) That she is most likely deceased.
(c) That she too is in Bath.
(d) That she is from a poor family.
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(d) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
4. Why does Mrs. Allen congratulate herself once in the tea-room?
(a) She secured Catherine and herself the best seats in the room.
(b) Her dress has not been injured.
(c) She has many social connections at the ball.
(d) Her dress is the loveliest in the room.
5. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They met recently at a ball.
(b) They attend school together.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
2. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
3. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Mrs. Allen wish was at the ball?
5. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)