|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
(b) A public hanging.
(c) Schoolyard games.
2. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
3. How much money did Mr. Morland give Catherine before she left?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Twenty guineas.
(d) Five pounds.
4. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Morland.
(b) Her math tutor.
(c) Mr. Morland.
(d) Mrs. Allen.
5. What does Isabella see in a shop window on Milsom Street that she thinks is pretty?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
2. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
3. How does Catherine feel while in the tea-room at Upper Rooms?
4. Who is James Morland?
5. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)