|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isabella already know of Catherine?
(a) Isabella is acquainted with Catherine's brother.
(b) Isabella had seen Catherine at the bookstore a few days prior.
(c) Isabella met Catherine the night before.
(d) Isabella heard of Catherine through Mr. Tilney.
2. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
(a) John borrowed it from his father.
(b) John received it as a birthday present.
(c) John bought it from a friend.
(d) John won it in a game of cards.
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(c) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
5. What does Mrs. Allen ask Catherine to take out of her sleeve?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A feather.
(c) A stray thread.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
2. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
3. Who taught Catherine French?
4. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)