|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(b) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
(c) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(d) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
2. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) What book she should read next.
(b) Whether Henry likes her.
(c) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(d) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
3. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(b) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(c) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(d) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
4. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
5. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(b) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
3. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
4. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)