|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Reads her book.
(b) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(c) Writes a letter to her parents.
(d) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
2. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
(a) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(b) Write a letter to her parents.
(c) Pack her belongings.
(d) Do an inventory of her dresses.
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Between two and three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) At least a year.
(d) Five years.
4. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
(b) It is too dirty outside.
(c) It is too cold outside.
(d) It is raining outside.
5. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
2. What town is to be the final destination of the Thorpes' and Morlands' trip?
3. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
4. How do James and John know each other?
5. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)