|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine aim to avoid at a ball she attends in Chapter 10?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Hughes.
(c) Eleanor Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe.
2. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
(a) Mr. Allen.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
3. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(d) Horse breeding.
4. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
(a) Country air and quiet.
(b) The dances.
(c) Dining at a famous restaurant.
(d) Visiting her school friend.
5. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
(a) That she has been missing for 2 years.
(b) That she is from a poor family.
(c) That she is most likely deceased.
(d) That she too is in Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
2. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
3. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
4. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)