|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
(a) Isabella's engagement.
(b) James' inability to marry for two to three years.
(c) Isabella's feelings for him.
(d) Catherine's feelings for Henry.
2. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A cigar.
(d) An umbrella.
3. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
(a) In a shop.
(b) At the Allens' residence.
(c) Along the river's edge.
(d) The pump-room.
5. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Whether Henry likes her.
(b) What book she should read next.
(c) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(d) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
2. After she leaves the Tilney home, who does Catherine see coming out soon after her?
3. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
4. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
5. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)