|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His conversational skills.
(c) His riding skills.
(d) His dancing skills.
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of things to do that day.
(b) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(c) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(d) A list of books to read.
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Five years.
(b) Between two and three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) At least a year.
4. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(b) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(c) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
5. After breakfast, what does Catherine resolve to do until one o'clock?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Read her book.
(c) Chat with Mrs. Allen.
(d) Walk outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
2. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
3. What is the weather like at the opening of Chapter 11?
4. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
5. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)