|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Between two and three years.
(b) At least a year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(b) Catherine hides.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine runs to him.
3. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(b) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
(c) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(d) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
4. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(b) The girls dance in different sets.
(c) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(d) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
3. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)