|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
(a) James' affection for Isabella and marriages.
(b) The weather and Catherine's parents.
(c) Catherine's love for Oxford and books.
(d) Mr. Allen, riches and alcohol.
2. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five years.
(c) At least a year.
(d) Between two and three years.
3. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her wealth.
4. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
5. When conversing, what advantage does Mrs. Thorpe have over Mrs. Allen?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe has a fortune to brag of.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe has a new silk dress to brag of.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe has a new carriage to brag of.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe has children to brag of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is James Morland?
2. What does Catherine imagine of Northanger Abbey?
3. Why is the trip to Bristol called off?
4. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
5. By how long do the Allens extend their stay in Bath?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)