|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine see speaking with General Tilney?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Mr. Allen.
(c) John Thorpe.
2. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest dancers in the room.
3. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
(a) Mr. Allen, riches and alcohol.
(b) Catherine's love for Oxford and books.
(c) James' affection for Isabella and marriages.
(d) The weather and Catherine's parents.
4. Awaking the morning after the ball, what is the first wish of Catherine's heart?
(a) To dance with Henry Tilney again.
(b) To become better acquainted with Eleanor Tilney.
(c) To read her novel before breakfast.
(d) To meet Isabella for tea.
5. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is too dirty outside.
(b) It is too cold outside.
(c) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
(d) It is raining outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. Who reports seeing two carriages waiting in the street after a rap draws her to the window?
4. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)