|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(b) Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
2. What is Northanger Abbey?
(a) The Tilney's estate.
(b) The Allens' estate.
(c) The Thorpe estate.
(d) A castle outside of Bath.
3. Which member of the Tilney family would not be leaving Bath with the rest?
(a) Henry Tilney.
(b) General Tilney.
(c) Captain Tilney.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
4. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(b) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(c) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(d) To take a walk around town.
5. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is too cold outside.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
(d) It is too dirty outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
2. To what does Henry compare a country-dance?
3. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
4. Who is James Morland?
5. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)