|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An umbrella.
2. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(c) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Tilney.
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
(b) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(c) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(d) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
4. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
5. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(b) Whether Henry likes her.
(c) What book she should read next.
(d) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Catherine meet Isabella?
2. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
3. Who does John Thorpe claim of Henry and Eleanor Tilney?
4. What does John Thorpe's company inspire in Catherine?
5. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)