|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do when she spots the Tilneys in the street?
(a) Catherine tries to hide from their view.
(b) Catherine jumps off the carriage.
(c) Catherine waves to them.
(d) Catherine begs for John to stop the carriage.
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(b) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(c) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
3. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Whether Henry likes her.
(b) What book she should read next.
(c) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(d) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Writes a letter to her parents.
(b) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Repairs a tear in her dress.
5. Whose idea was it for the Thorpes and Morlands to take a trip out of Bath?
(a) Isabella and James'.
(b) John Thorpe's.
(c) Mrs. Thorpe's.
(d) Mr. Allen's.
Short Answer Questions
1. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. Who had General Tilney hoped to meet in Bath?
4. How much older is Isabella than Catherine?
5. How does John's horse lead the carriage?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)