|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(c) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(d) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
2. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
(a) Numerous men.
(b) General Tilney.
(c) Captain Tilney.
(d) Henry Tilney.
3. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
(b) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
(c) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
(d) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
4. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(b) Reads her book.
(c) Repairs a tear in her dress.
(d) Writes a letter to her parents.
5. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(a) Ancient edifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
2. How do Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Thorpe know each other?
3. Where is Mr. Tilney's family based?
4. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
5. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)