|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Allen amazed at Mr. Tilney's knowledge of?
(a) Horse breeding.
2. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is raining outside.
(b) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
(c) It is too dirty outside.
(d) It is too cold outside.
3. Who had General Tilney hoped to meet in Bath?
(a) Lord Dover and his son.
(b) The Marquis of Longtown and General Courteney.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His old friends from Oxford.
4. What aspect of the trip itinerary interests Catherine?
(a) A visit to Blaize Castle.
(b) Dining in Clifton.
(c) The dances in Bristol.
(d) The country view outside Kingsweston.
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(b) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(c) The girls dance in different sets.
(d) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
2. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
3. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
4. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Tilney?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)