|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella's letter from John state within?
(a) That John will be returning in a month's time.
(b) That John intends to ask for Catherine's hand in marriage.
(c) That John has married an acquaintance from London.
(d) That John will remain in London indefinitely.
2. How does Catherine find the Tilney family dynamic?
3. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
(a) Takes a walk with Mrs. Allen.
(b) Writes a letter to her parents.
(c) Reads her book.
(d) Repairs a tear in her dress.
4. Whose idea was it for the Thorpes and Morlands to take a trip out of Bath?
(a) Mrs. Thorpe's.
(b) Isabella and James'.
(c) John Thorpe's.
(d) Mr. Allen's.
5. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(b) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(c) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(d) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
2. How is Captain Frederick Tilney described?
3. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
4. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)