|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
(a) Isabella's feelings for him.
(b) Isabella's engagement.
(c) Catherine's feelings for Henry.
(d) James' inability to marry for two to three years.
2. What does Isabella write a list of for Catherine?
(a) A list of books to read.
(b) A list of places to visit in Bath.
(c) A list of Isabella's favorite things.
(d) A list of things to do that day.
3. What is it said that Catherine's family are not in the habit of doing in order to increase their importance?
(a) Making expensive purchases.
(b) Mixing with distinguished company.
(c) Telling lies.
(d) Engaging in political activities.
4. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) Back home to Fullerton.
(b) To the nightly ball.
(c) To Oxford.
(d) To Lansdown Hill
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where have the Allens, Thorpes and Morlands met?
(a) At the pump-room.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) At the tea-room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Mrs. Allen give Catherine for visiting the Tilneys?
2. What does Mrs. Allen call a disagreeable thing to carry?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
4. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
5. Who does Isabella dance with in spite of her engagement?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)