|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(b) Catherine hides.
(c) Catherine runs to him.
(d) Catherine smiles and blushes.
2. Whose idea was it for the Thorpes and Morlands to take a trip out of Bath?
(a) Isabella and James'.
(b) Mrs. Thorpe's.
(c) Mr. Allen's.
(d) John Thorpe's.
3. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is raining outside.
(b) It is too dirty outside.
(c) It is too cold outside.
(d) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
4. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
(a) Write a letter to her parents.
(b) Pack her belongings.
(c) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(d) Do an inventory of her dresses.
5. What does Catherine fear General Tilney dislikes about her?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
2. What color are the trimmings on the dress Catherine wears when she meets Mr. Tilney?
3. What does Isabella say will be impossible at the evening festivities?
4. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
5. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)