|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Allen not accompany Mr. Allen to the pump-room in Chapter 11?
(a) It is too dirty outside.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) It is too cold outside.
(d) Mrs. Allen does not like the pump-room.
2. John, James and Isabella arrive at the Allens' with what intention?
(a) To take a trip to Claverton Down.
(b) To take Catherine to the pump-room.
(c) To take Catherine to buy a dress.
(d) To take a walk around town.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
(c) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(d) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
4. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Victoria Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Carriage Street.
(d) Cheap Street.
5. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(d) Ancient edifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
2. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
4. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
5. In Chapter 9, while riding in the carriage, what topics of conversation arise between Catherine and John?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)