|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Isabella have to wait for Catherine at the pump-rooms in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
2. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
(a) James' inability to marry for two to three years.
(b) Catherine's feelings for Henry.
(c) Isabella's feelings for him.
(d) Isabella's engagement.
3. Roughly how old is Mr. Tilney?
(a) Twenty to twenty-one years old.
(b) Twenty-two to twenty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-four to twenty-five years old.
(d) Twenty-six to twenty-seven years old.
4. Of what skill does Catherine praise Henry to his sister?
(a) His dancing skills.
(b) His riding skills.
(c) His hunting skills.
(d) His conversational skills.
5. Besides Henry Tilney, what is Catherine's passion?
(c) Ancient edifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Udolpho does Catherine read to before meeting Isabella in Chapter 6?
2. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
3. How long will it be before James is financially able to marry?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Catherine find herself occasionally fantasizing about?
5. What does Catherine learn about Henry's mother from Mrs. Allen?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)