|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tilney say the sexes are equal at?
(c) Riding horses.
(d) Writing letters.
2. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Down at the floor.
(b) At the decorations in the room.
(c) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
(d) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
3. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
(a) Blond hair and a fleckly complexion.
(b) Green eyes that sparkle and dark, curly hair.
(c) Fair hair and fair skin.
(d) Brown skin with dark eyes and rather dark hair.
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(b) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(c) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
5. According to Catherine, why should Isabella not persuade her to feel so much for Mr. Tilney?
(a) Catherine may never see Mr. Tilney again.
(b) Mr. Tilney's feelings are unknown.
(c) Mr. Tilney's social status is unknown.
(d) Catherine is unsure of her feelings for Mr. Tilney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella look forward to on the trip?
2. After receiving her invitation to Northanger Abbey, what does Catherine hurry back to the Allens' to do?
3. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Catherine go one afternoon with hopes of encountering Miss Tilney?
5. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)