|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine think of Isabella encouraging Capt. Tilney's attention?
(a) That Catherine must be overthinking things.
(b) That Captain Tilney must be using trickery on her.
(c) That she must be doing so unconsciously.
(d) That Isabella is not the person Catherine thought she was.
2. At the close of Chapter 10, what have Eleanor and Henry invited Catherine to do?
(a) To visit their home.
(b) To take a carriage ride.
(c) To join them on a country walk.
(d) To join them at the theatre.
3. What does Catherine lay awake for ten minutes debating?
(a) Which dress she should wear to the ball.
(b) Whether James and Isabella are a suitable match.
(c) What book she should read next.
(d) Whether Henry likes her.
4. What is General Tilney's reported opinion of Catherine?
(a) That she is the finest girl in Bath.
(b) That she should keep her distance from his son.
(c) That she is a fine companion for his daughter.
(d) That her appearance is lacking.
5. Why is the trip to Bristol called off?
(a) It is too late in the day to continue on.
(b) The weather turns violent.
(c) The group gets lost.
(d) The road is blocked by sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry say is to blame for denying Catherine's visit at the Tilney home?
2. How does Catherine describe her ideal man physically?
3. What word does John Thorpe use to describe James' carriage?
4. What does Henry assure Catherine that his brother Frederick is aware of?
5. What does Catherine decide when she sees her friends coming down the road for her in Chapter 11?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)