|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) Small pox.
(c) A bilious fever.
2. What did Catherine see in front of the Tilney pew at church?
(a) A bouquet of black roses.
(b) A statue of a Tilney ancestor.
(c) A plaque acknowledging General Tilney's patronage.
(d) A monument to the memory of Mrs. Tilney.
3. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
(a) To the nightly ball.
(b) To Oxford.
(c) To Lansdown Hill
(d) Back home to Fullerton.
4. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
5. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
(b) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
(c) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
(d) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is James Morland?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
3. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
4. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
5. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)