|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) At lunch.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Before bed.
2. Who is James Morland?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Isabella's fiance.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Catherine's older brother.
3. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(b) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
(c) Mr. Tilney.
4. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That James is gravely ill.
(b) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(c) That James and Isabella are married.
(d) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
5. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
2. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
4. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
5. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)