|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(b) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(c) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(d) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
2. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
(a) That General Tilney will seek revenge.
(b) That Eleanor will avoid her.
(c) That Henry is lying.
(d) That Henry must despise her.
3. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(b) The girls dance in different sets.
(c) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
(d) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
4. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
(a) Catherine hides.
(b) Catherine pretends not to notice him.
(c) Catherine smiles and blushes.
(d) Catherine runs to him.
5. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) How messy they are.
(b) How vibrant they are.
(c) How ordinary they are.
(d) How tidy they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
4. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
5. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)