|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At lunch.
(d) Before bed.
2. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
(a) The room was too bright.
(b) The room smelled strange.
(c) Catherine was too restless.
(d) The housemaids were within.
3. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
(b) The maid.
(c) General Tilney.
4. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Down at the floor.
(b) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(c) At the decorations in the room.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
5. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
(a) Catherine has no reaction.
(b) Catherine is confused.
(c) Catherine is moved to tears.
(d) Catherine is surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
2. What does Catherine do in the evening before attending the nightly dance?
3. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
4. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)