|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
(b) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
(c) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
(d) "Let us Marry One and All".
2. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At lunch.
(d) Before bed.
3. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) How vibrant they are.
(b) How messy they are.
(c) How tidy they are.
(d) How ordinary they are.
4. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
(a) That Henry is lying.
(b) That Henry must despise her.
(c) That General Tilney will seek revenge.
(d) That Eleanor will avoid her.
5. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him impertinent.
(b) She thought him lively.
(c) She thought him clever.
(d) She thought him handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
2. Who is William?
3. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
5. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)