|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
(b) Down at the floor.
(c) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(d) At the decorations in the room.
2. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) A maid.
(b) General Tilney.
3. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
4. Who tells Eleanor that Catherine cannot join her for their walk?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) John Thorpe.
(c) Isabella Thorpe.
(d) James Morland.
5. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(d) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
2. When does Catherine receive a letter from James?
3. How did John Thorpe acquire his carriage?
4. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
5. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)