|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
(a) Eleanor invites Catherine to Northanger Abbey.
(b) Eleanor invites Catherine for a carriage ride.
(c) Eleanor invites Catherine to join her for dinner.
(d) Eleanor invites Catherine for another walk the following day.
2. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(b) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(c) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
(d) They are the stupidest things in creation.
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
(b) Beechen Cliff.
4. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(b) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
5. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A bilious fever.
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
2. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
3. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
5. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)