|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Allen's warn Catherine to distance herself from?
(a) John Thorpe.
(b) Henry Tilney.
(c) Mrs. Hughes.
(d) Eleanor Tilney.
2. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
(a) They are often difficult to comprehend.
(b) They are the stupidest things in creation.
(c) They offer glimpses into worlds he can only dream of.
(d) That no matter what critics say, every novel has value.
3. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest comedians in the room.
(b) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(c) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(d) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
4. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
(a) Catherine has no reaction.
(b) Catherine is confused.
(c) Catherine is moved to tears.
(d) Catherine is surprised.
5. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
3. What does Isabella suggest Catherine do to break her engagement with Eleanor?
4. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
5. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)