|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
(b) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
(c) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
(d) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
2. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Northanger Abbey.
3. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
4. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(b) That James and Isabella are married.
(c) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
(d) That James is gravely ill.
5. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
(b) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(c) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(d) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
2. With but a few exceptions, what is John's opinion of novels?
3. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
4. Who seems to be always at hand when not wanted?
5. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)