|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
2. While dancing with John, where does Catherine find herself looking?
(a) Around the room in search of Mrs. Allen.
(b) Down at the floor.
(c) At the decorations in the room.
(d) The part of the room where she had left Mr. Tilney.
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
(b) Beechen Cliff.
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
(b) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(c) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(d) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
5. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(b) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(c) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
(d) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What busy street is encountered at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. How do James and John know each other?
3. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
5. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)