|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
2. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
(b) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
(c) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
(d) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
3. What did Catherine see in front of the Tilney pew at church?
(a) A statue of a Tilney ancestor.
(b) A bouquet of black roses.
(c) A monument to the memory of Mrs. Tilney.
(d) A plaque acknowledging General Tilney's patronage.
4. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
(a) The room was too bright.
(b) The housemaids were within.
(c) Catherine was too restless.
(d) The room smelled strange.
5. What arrives for Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) A note from Isabella.
(b) A letter from Eleanor.
(c) A letter from Mrs. Morland.
(d) A letter from Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is William?
2. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
3. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)