|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
(a) He is honest about his romantic feelings.
(b) He pays her more attention than usual.
(c) He is rude towards her.
(d) He ignores her completely.
2. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
(a) To never be loved.
(b) To marry without fortune.
(c) To marry for money.
(d) To never marry.
3. What old song does John mention to Catherine?
(a) "Let us Marry One and All".
(b) "I'll Marry you and be Merry".
(c) "Sisters and Brothers, Marry You Off!"
(d) "Going to One Wedding Brings on Another".
4. What topic does Catherine say she is not interested in reading about?
5. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him lively.
(b) She thought him impertinent.
(c) She thought him handsome.
(d) She thought him clever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
2. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
3. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
4. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
5. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)