|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(c) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
(d) They keep John away for as long as possible.
2. How do James and John know each other?
(a) They have a mutual friend in Bath.
(b) They attend school together.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They met recently at a ball.
3. Where is John Thorpe headed when he leaves in Chapter 15?
4. Where does John Thorpe disappear to when the group arrives at the dance?
(a) John accompanies his mother to the tea-room.
(b) John disappears into the crowd without explanation.
(c) John goes to the card-room to talk to a friend.
(d) John leaves, concerned about the health of his horse.
5. At the dance in Chapter 8, who is Catherine's only company for most of the evening?
(a) Mr. Tilney.
(d) Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
2. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
3. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)