|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does Eleanor offer Catherine at the end of their walk?
(a) Eleanor invites Catherine for a carriage ride.
(b) Eleanor invites Catherine for another walk the following day.
(c) Eleanor invites Catherine to join her for dinner.
(d) Eleanor invites Catherine to Northanger Abbey.
2. What does Catherine believe is the "wickedest thing in existence"?
(a) To never marry.
(b) To marry without fortune.
(c) To never be loved.
(d) To marry for money.
3. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
(a) Catherine would rather sit and have a conversation.
(b) Catherine does not want to encourage Mr. Tilney's affection.
(c) Catherine must wait for John Thorpe to return.
(d) Catherine is embarrassed by her dancing.
4. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
(b) Beechen Cliff.
5. What courtesy do Isabelle and James grant Catherine at the dance?
(a) They let her have the best seat from which to watch for Mr. Tilney.
(b) They arrange a dance with Mr. Tilney.
(c) They keep John away for as long as possible.
(d) They delay dancing so as not to leave her on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
2. What does Isabelle proclaim to detest as she waits by the side of the road?
3. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
4. Where does Catherine refuse to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)