|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked what she thinks of John Thorpe, how does Catherine respond?
(a) Catherine refers to him as an oaffish braggart.
(b) Catherine lies by claiming to like him very much.
(c) Catherine smiles and calls him a true gentleman.
(d) Catherine changes the subject to avoid answering.
2. What does Mrs. Allen regret not being able to send with James back to Fullerton?
(a) Her well wishes for the Morlands.
(b) An account of Catherine's stay in Bath.
(c) The scarf she knitted for the youngest Morland.
(d) A letter for Mrs. Morland.
3. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(b) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(c) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(d) The four greatest comedians in the room.
4. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him handsome.
(b) She thought him clever.
(c) She thought him lively.
(d) She thought him impertinent.
5. What about Mrs. Tilney's portrait surprised Catherine?
(a) The portrait was quite abstract.
(b) She cannot immediately see a resemblance in her children.
(c) Mrs. Tilney was extremely fair.
(d) The portrait was in excellent condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do James and Isabella become engaged?
2. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
3. What is Catherine told was the cause of Mrs. Tilney's death?
4. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
5. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)