|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Catherine retires to her room at Northanger Abbey to consider the news from James, why does she feel obliged to immediately leave it again?
(a) The room was too bright.
(b) The room smelled strange.
(c) The housemaids were within.
(d) Catherine was too restless.
2. When Catherine refuses a dance, what does John Thorpe offer to show her?
(a) The four greatest conversationalists in the room.
(b) The four greatest dancers in the room.
(c) The four greatest quizzers in the room.
(d) The four greatest comedians in the room.
3. What was Isabella's first impression of John?
(a) She thought him lively.
(b) She thought him clever.
(c) She thought him handsome.
(d) She thought him impertinent.
4. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That James and Isabella are married.
(b) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
(c) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(d) That James is gravely ill.
5. Why does Isabella fear she will not be accepted by John's parents?
(a) James is arranged to marry another.
(b) Her fortune is small.
(c) The Morlands are strict.
(d) Her reputation is not as it should be.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Catherine reveals her suspicions of General Tilney, how is Henry's behavior towards her different at dinner?
2. Where does John Thorpe offer to take Catherine in his carriage?
3. What is Catherine's reaction to the news conveyed in the letter from James?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)