|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates Catherine and Isabella for a time at the ball?
(a) The girls dance in different sets.
(b) Catherine goes outside for some fresh air.
(c) Isabella and James spend time in the tea-room.
(d) Isabella feels ill and sits quietly in a corner.
2. What news does Catherine receive in her letter from James?
(a) That James and Isabella are married.
(b) That the engagement between James and Isabella is over.
(c) That James is gravely ill.
(d) That Mrs. Morland is pregnant.
3. Where do Catherine, Eleanor and Henry go for their walk?
(c) Beechen Cliff.
4. What surprises Catherine about Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) How messy they are.
(b) How tidy they are.
(c) How vibrant they are.
(d) How ordinary they are.
5. Who discovers Catherine in Mrs. Tilney's chambers?
(a) General Tilney.
(c) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catherine not concerned by the fashionable young woman on Mr. Tilney's arm?
2. While admiring the view, what past-time is a topic of discussion with Catherine and Henry?
3. After the suspicions she had of General Tilney are revealed, what does Catherine fear?
4. Why does Catherine turn down Mr. Tilney's invitation to dance?
5. How does Catherine react when she spots Mr. Tilney at the dance?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)