1. How many children do Catherine's parents have?
2. How long did it take Catherine to learn the "Beggar's Petition"?
(a) Three months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. Who taught Catherine writing and accounts?
(a) Mrs. Allen.
(b) Mr. Morland.
(c) Mrs. Morland.
(d) Her math tutor.
4. Who taught Catherine French?
(a) Mrs. Morland.
(b) Catherine's older brother.
(c) Mrs. Allen.
(d) Mr. Morland.
5. How old is Catherine at the beginning of the novel?
6. What is the name of the village in which Catherine lives with her family?
7. How long is Catherine to go to Bath for?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
8. What motherly advice does Mrs. Morland give to Catherine before leaving for Bath?
(a) "Leave the strenuous activities to the men and horses."
(b) "Always wrap yourself up very warm about the throat."
(c) "If you find yourself faint, by all means, clear your dance card."
(d) "Be wary of straightforward men."
This section contains 4,731 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)