Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is the inquest into Leonards' death stopped?
2. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
3. What are the names of Frederick's children?
4. Who does Mr. Bell send for to help take care of Margaret?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
Compare and contrast the social norms in the North and the social norms in the South, according to what is written in the novel. Make sure to use specific quotations from the text to support your arguments.
Choose one symbol from the novel, and discuss at least 3 instances where it appears or is used. Also discuss its significance and meaning in each appearance.
Identify which character is the strongest in "North and South," and present an argument making your case. Make sure to cite at least 3 examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)