Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is the inquest into Leonards' death stopped?
2. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
3. What are the names of Frederick's children?
4. Who does Mr. Bell send for to help take care of Margaret?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ending of the novel and Margaret's decision to be with Mr. Thornton. Is this choice in the best interest of her character? Is it what she wants? Is it in the best interest of Mr. Thornton's character? Is it what he wants? Make sure to use quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the character of Frederick plays in the story of "North and South" and at least 3 unique functions that this character serves within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Margaret and her mother. Make sure to use direct quotations from the text.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)