Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is the inquest into Leonards' death stopped?
2. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
3. What are the names of Frederick's children?
4. Who does Mr. Bell send for to help take care of Margaret?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
Essay Topic 1
In "North and South," many of the characters are shockingly stubborn in the face of information that should otherwise lead them to think or act differently. Choose 3 different characters from the novel and discuss one instance where each character is stubborn and the reasons behind that stubbornness.
Essay Topic 2
What message is Glaskell trying to convey to the reader about socioeconomic class issues in England during this time? Use 3 examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Name and discuss at least 3 instances where religion appears in the text and what message Gaskell is conveying to the reader through these instances.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)