Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is the inquest into Leonards' death stopped?
2. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
3. What are the names of Frederick's children?
4. Who does Mr. Bell send for to help take care of Margaret?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
Analyze the scene where Margaret breaks the news to her mother that the family will be moving to Milton. Pay particular attention to the use of foreshadowing, analyzing how what happens during this scene (and between the characters) foreshadows what is to come later in the novel. Use quotations from the text to support your position.
Choose one character who is weak at the beginning of the novel and becomes strong by the end; discuss the 3 most pivotal moments of growth for this character; and use direct quotations from the text to support your thesis.
Name and discuss at least 3 instances where religion appears in the text and what message Gaskell is conveying to the reader through these instances.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)