Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is the inquest into Leonards' death stopped?
2. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
3. What are the names of Frederick's children?
4. Who does Mr. Bell send for to help take care of Margaret?
5. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character who is weak at the beginning of the novel and becomes strong by the end; discuss the 3 most pivotal moments of growth for this character; and use direct quotations from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the generational conflict between the character of "North and South" and what these conflicts convey to the reader about past and present.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Mr. and Mrs. Hale within the context of their marriage. How are they similar? How are they different? How do they function as individuals? How do they function as a married unit? What do they provide for each other? What do they take away?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)