|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bell live?
2. How does Leonards die?
(a) From a fall at the train station.
(b) By poison.
(c) Margaret attacks him in self-defense.
(d) He kills himself.
3. How does Mrs. Thornton react to the news that Margaret was seen at the train station with an unknown man?
(a) She is concerned for her safety.
(b) She is proud of her.
(c) She becomes very angry.
(d) She is horribly jealous.
4. How does Mrs. Hale feel about her son's return to the Hale house?
(a) She is furious with her son and refuses to forgive him.
(b) She is terribly worried.
(c) She is elated.
(d) She dies before she can see him.
5. What does Mr. Bell say to Margaret right before he passes away?
(a) I'd like to be buried by the seaside near my childhood home.
(b) Take all my money and do something good with it.
(c) This is a trick question; he dies before Margaret arrives.
(d) You should marry Mr. Thornton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Mr. Thornton to realize his workers needed a dining room?
2. What new role does Margaret play in Mr. Thornton's life after Mr. Bell dies?
3. How does Mrs. Thornton know that Mr. Thornton's original proposal to Margaret has not gone well?
4. Why is Mr. Thornton struggling with his business?
5. Where does Frederick ultimately decide to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret lie to the police inspector?
2. How does Mr. Thornton find out that Margaret has a brother?
3. Who organizes and gets rid of Mr. Hale's belongings?
4. How does Margaret respond to Mr. Bell's surprise to take her to Helstone?
5. How does Margaret respond to her father's death?
6. Why does Nicholas not want to break the news of Boucher's death to Boucher's wife?
7. Why does Margaret refer Frederick to Henry Lennox?
8. What does Mr. Hale complain about right before he dies?
9. After Bessy dies, why does Margaret bring a drunk Nicholas back to her house?
10. What causes the police inspector to be suspicious of Margaret?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)