|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Bell take Margaret to try to cheer her up after her father passes away?
(c) New York City.
2. What would make Mrs. Thornton like Margaret even more?
(a) If she were a little smarter.
(b) If she were from Milton.
(c) If she were prettier.
(d) If she weren't so bossy.
3. Whom does Mr. Bell arrange for Margaret to stay with after her father passes away?
(a) The nuns at the nunnery.
(b) The Lennox family.
(c) Mrs. Thornton.
4. Who asks Mrs. Thornton to visit the dying Mrs. Hale?
(b) Mr. Hale.
(c) Mr. Thornton.
5. Who requests that the inquest into Leonards' death be stopped?
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Hale.
(d) Mrs. Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Thornton building a dining room for his workers?
2. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
3. How does Nicholas find out Boucher has died?
4. Why has Leonards come to London?
5. Whom does Mr. Thornton tell first that he must give up his business?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)