|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Margaret assume for the Boucher children?
(b) Wet nurse.
2. Who informs Margaret that Bessy has died?
(c) Dr. Donaldson.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
3. What family does Frederick have in Spain.
(b) An old dying uncle.
(c) Lots of grandchildren.
(d) Just a fiancée.
4. Why does Nicholas need the job with Mr. Thornton?
(a) Because he wants to look after Boucher's family.
(b) Because he is severely in debt.
(c) Because he is homeless.
(d) Because he wants to buy jewelry for Margaret.
5. What does Margaret do after the police inspector comes to her house?
(d) Runs out the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thornton want to meet with Margaret after he decides to give up his business?
2. Why does Frederick not contact Margaret when he is in London?
3. Who requests that the inquest into Leonards' death be stopped?
4. Who does Frederick see about his legal problems?
5. How does Leonards die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret lie to the police inspector?
2. What kinds of conversations do Mrs. Thornton and her son usually have?
3. Why does Mrs. Thornton confront Margaret about being in the train station with someone she suspects is her lover?
4. Why does Margaret refer Frederick to Henry Lennox?
5. What does Mr. Hale complain about right before he dies?
6. Why is Margaret so concerned when she hears that Mr. Thornton thinks she was at the train station with Mr. Lennox?
7. Why is Nicholas still out of work after the strike?
8. Who organizes and gets rid of Mr. Hale's belongings?
9. What does Mrs. Thornton think of the possibility of Mr. Thornton's marrying Margaret?
10. Why does Nicholas take it upon himself to look after Boucher's children?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)