|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Thornton tell first that he must give up his business?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(d) His mother.
2. How does Nicholas feel about books?
(a) He is afraid of them because he can't read.
(b) He doesn't trust them.
(c) He thinks they have secret messages inside.
(d) He worships them.
3. What false errand does Margaret apologize for sending Nicholas on?
(a) Asking Mr. Thornton for a job.
(b) Talking to her father about their possibly getting married.
(c) Trying to get into Mrs. Thornton's dinner party.
(d) Trying to adop the Boucher children.
4. Who ultimately tells Mrs. Boucher that her husband has died?
(b) Mr. Hale.
(c) A police officer.
5. Whom does Mr. Bell think Margaret must have been at the train station with?
(a) Her father.
(c) Henry Lennox.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frederick announce his return to the Hale household?
2. How does Mrs. Hale feel about her son's return to the Hale house?
3. Why does Margaret want to see Mr. Thornton after Boucher has died?
4. Why does Frederick need to hire a lawyer?
5. With whom does Margaret go to see the dying Mr. Bell?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)