|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frederick see about his legal problems?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A judge.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Mr. Lennox.
2. Who tells Margaret that Frederick was in London but didn't see her?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Lennox.
(d) Mr. Bell.
3. How does Mrs. Boucher react to the news that her husband is dead?
(a) She is overcome with joy.
(b) She becomes violently angry.
(c) She won't believe it.
(d) She faints.
4. How does Mr. Thornton react to his mother's harsh words about Margaret after she turns down his marriage proposal?
(a) He feels guilty, so he lies to his mother.
(b) He wants his mother to hate her as much as he does.
(c) He refuses to hear bad words about her.
(d) He agrees with everything she says.
5. Who looks after the Boucher children while Mrs. Boucher is ill?
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(d) Mr. Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas throw violently across the room after Bessy dies?
2. How do Mr. Bell and Margaret communicate once they depart?
3. How does Mrs. Hale feel about her son's return to the Hale house?
4. What does Mr. Bell say to Margaret right before he passes away?
5. What false errand does Margaret apologize for sending Nicholas on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret refer Frederick to Henry Lennox?
2. Why does Frederick decide to stay in Spain?
3. How do Mr. Thornton and Nicholas seal the deal when Mr. Thornton finally offers Nicholas a new job?
4. Why is Mr. Hale not happy when his son returns home?
5. Why does Nicholas take it upon himself to look after Boucher's children?
6. Why does Mr. Hale not want to follow Frederick to Spain?
7. What does the dying Mrs. Hale ask Mrs. Thornton to do?
8. Why does Mr. Thornton become particularly upset over the news of Mr. Hale's death?
9. After Bessy dies, why does Margaret bring a drunk Nicholas back to her house?
10. Why is Mr. Thornton fearful of Nicholas after he refuses to give him work?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)