|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Margaret learn Mr. Bell is on his deathbed?
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) His servant.
(d) Mrs. Thornton.
2. Who is Leonards?
(a) Mr. Hale's best friend.
(b) A navy pal of Frederick.
(c) Margaret's long-lost secret brother.
(d) Margaret's private tutor.
3. Who writes a letter of reference for work for Nicholas?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(b) Mr. Hale.
(c) Mrs. Thornton.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
4. What kind of food does Mr. Thornton buy for the dying Mrs. Hale?
(b) Cherry liquor.
5. What false errand does Margaret apologize for sending Nicholas on?
(a) Trying to get into Mrs. Thornton's dinner party.
(b) Trying to adop the Boucher children.
(c) Talking to her father about their possibly getting married.
(d) Asking Mr. Thornton for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Margaret that Bessy has died?
2. Where does Mr. Hale pass away?
3. Whom does Mr. Thornton tell first that he must give up his business?
4. Whom does Mr. Bell arrange for Margaret to stay with after her father passes away?
5. What does Mr. Hale tell Margaret about her mother's funeral arrangements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dying Mrs. Hale ask Mrs. Thornton to do?
2. After Bessy dies, why does Margaret bring a drunk Nicholas back to her house?
3. How do Mr. Thornton and Nicholas seal the deal when Mr. Thornton finally offers Nicholas a new job?
4. Why does Mr. Hale not want to follow Frederick to Spain?
5. Why does Nicholas take it upon himself to look after Boucher's children?
6. Why does Margaret lie to the police inspector?
7. Why does Frederick decide to stay in Spain?
8. What kinds of conversations do Mrs. Thornton and her son usually have?
9. What does Mr. Hale complain about right before he dies?
10. Why is Dixon in a panic when she comes to visit Margaret after Mrs. Hale's death?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)